This is exactly what I wanted, random ass hidden caves/dungeons with no map indicators containing unique loot/bosses

This is exactly what I wanted, random ass hidden caves/dungeons with no map indicators containing unique loot/bosses

Attached: Elden Ring Screenshot 2022.02.25 - 19.43.34.90.jpg (2560x1440, 1.69M)

Same.

Given it’s success with normalfags, maybe now AAA devs will step away from Skyrim tier open world game design.

We really need more open world games like this and Dragons Dogma

not unless ER gets bigger numbers than all the skyrim rereleases combined, or BOTW.

Fuck randomly generated loot. The only cool things you find in Skyrim are the manually placed unique items, even if they are useless.

Never thought I'd like another open world again but just exploring and stumbling into cool ass dungeons is so fucking good

the outdoors of skyrim is great. its the copypasta dungeons and caves interiors that are grating

I'm glad the map isn't immediately useful and only populates as you discover graces. Everything else generally needs a manual map marker place. An open world game that rewards exploration seems like a no brainer and I'm surprised it's taken this long for a modern developer to do that decently.

Are there giant spiders in this game

BotW and Elden Ring get this right. If you just follow map markers everywhere you don't actually explore and discover. You just watch the icons on a compass and check them off.

>I'm glad the map isn't immediately useful and only populates as you activate Sheikah towers
>Everything else generally needs a manual map marker place. An open world game that rewards exploration seems like a no brainer and I'm surprised it's taken this long for a modern developer to do that decently.

Attached: 1615070591436.png (273x365, 182.35K)

Is this the one with LOL BLOODLOSS statue imps and flamethrower columns? If so
>hidden
LMAO.

I had 0 interest in this game but I think you just sold me

Honest to God I had more problems with the weird little crypt goblins in there than the actual boss.

Is there supposed to be no dialogue from the spirits? Kinda odd

have any of you guys gotten to the siofra river underground?

The open world in Dragons Dogma was shit though. Lots of running around through empty space with the same low tier mob enemies everywhere and the occasional big monster thrown in.

>uNiQUe LoOt

And what's the point of it, nigger? What good is your silly silly loot once you've beaten the game? It's not like you need it.

>botw
>rewards exploration

Oh boy, I found yet another bokoblin camp! Cool, another half-life physics puzzle shrine. Cool some blocks to stack for a korok seed. oh and thats all there is

Attached: 2j10ww0.jpg.gif (320x240, 2.53M)

worse. giant centipede people

Yeah but the game is too popular so that's reddit. Real gamer oldfags such as myself now like questmarkers and nonstop handholding. Sorry.

same, I died to the fucking stone goblin things at least 5 times but didn't die to the boss once

Exploration is fun but man is the combat ass.

Shit.

Attached: 1636956152939.jpg (912x457, 96.56K)

>go into cave
>Its a catacomb
>go into next cave
>its a very similar looking catacomb

>Oh cool! Another same camp populated by the same goblins!
>I wonder what my reward could be? Why, it's another straight sword with the same moveset that will permamently break in 5 hits!
That doesn't reward exploration at all, while I agree Elden Ring pretty much copy pastes dungeon rooms and they're all samey as fuck at least each mini-boss is somehow unique and you actually get worthwhile rewards from each dungeon.

Attached: 1600314811529.jpg (1024x917, 61.39K)

>Fuck off from the main stuff
>End up in front of giant pot
>Have to duel 3 red npc phantoms
>Stand on edge, they run off ledge and kill themselves
>Tons of souls
>Pot gives me relic to increase weight capacity by 10

Neat

Attached: 1395226923328.gif (448x252, 2.95M)

it's not randomly generated retard

In an open world game bonfires are essentially quest marks
also a "door" under a cave is hilarious, this is morrowind-tier tech

But the dungeons were fucking good, it's not a surprise that the best part of the game is BBI aka a huge ass dungeon.