Damn, I actually LOVE this game, whudathought

Damn, I actually LOVE this game, whudathought.
Night city is gorgeous, check.
Gameplay is fun and engaging, check.
Story is actually decently wrote and with interesting themes of immortality and the human soul.
That being said it’s still glitchy af. But the soul is shining through.

Attached: 92674219-C2DB-4A0F-BF44-8C0B9F0B97D8.jpg (1280x720, 483.07K)

I agree with everything except the gameplay. It feels like a very stiff FPS with nice graphics. It's the one thing holding me back from enjoying it.

>visually beautiful city
>nothing to fucking do in it
such is the case. all these open world games make huge maps and never add shit to do. like why does gta5 take place in cali, but you can't do shit like surf, rollerblade, skateboard, 3v3 bball, volleyball, hang glide, hunt, etc.

the city is nice at times
everything else sucks

in gta 5 single player you can:
>play golf
>tennis
>darts
>ride jet skis with floating ramps
>ride bmx bikes in 5 different skate parks
>ride dirt bikes/quad bikes in loads of different tracks dotted around the countryside with big jumps
>go mountain biking up and down loads of different mountains all with several tracks going up and down + just make your own path down
>flight school
>triathlon
>loads of pre organised races off road and in the city and on the water
>plane stunt races
>parachuting/base jumping

I've probably missed a few but there's a lot, it's why I have over 1000 hours in single player alone, it's so fun just exploring the map and doing whatever I feel like
also you can go hunting but I don't think you get anything for it, theres a strangers and freaks mission about it

Really? I guess maybe it depends on how you play it? I’m basically investing most of my stats in int/cool. I like sneaking into places, zapping guys with quickhacks and finishing them off w my silenced submachinegun.

I thought this was a Sleeping Dogs thread for a second.

Attached: 1355012345735.jpg (640x480, 149.21K)

golf and tennis being shit you queue for in MP ruins the vibe, but I get that 12 year olds would carpter bomb anyone attempting to play. either way I still feel there needs to be a lot more downtime hobbies added to game that gives us something else to do besides shoot each other.

City is pretty all right but the main story suffers from V being a whinny retard, not real choices to make and sidequests being just "enter gang den and steal data, kill target"
The city is literally empty of thigs to do beyond killing goons or buying stuff

>golf and tennis being shit you queue for in MP ruins the vibe,
I only play single player, gta online is cancer
single player is a pretty comfy game

Yea but GTA is mainstream pandering trash

what exactly does gta 5 pander to other than being as offensive and ridiculous as possible?

I love Panam

Attached: 1624039166695.png (1920x1080, 3.43M)

Never realised that shotguns actually lift most people off their feet when hit until today. Must look for a unique one, wherever it is. Did the game always have melee finishers outside of the Mantis Blades or did I just never manage to trigger them? Pulled off an animation earlier with a katana that I hadn't seen before where V jams it through the target's stomach and almost lifts them up off the ground with it.

Attached: photomode_25022022_160737.png (1920x1080, 2.73M)

The only exemplary part is the world design and presentation. It totally nails Night City, in the opinion of a guy that played plenty of 2020 tabletop. However, the gameplay is pretty fucking boring, and the story has only a few standout moments. Most side quests are also just lame or feel a decade old in terms of writing, treading old ground. Looks amazing though, makes me wonder what an actual RPG with varied combat and cyberspace gameplay could be like in that world.

Attached: Cyberpunk2077scaled.jpg (2560x1440, 261.53K)

It just tries to incorporate too much pop culture and political correctness, you won’t find anything of sustenance in gta.

I just recently got it since it was on sale, in many ways it is better than I would have expected and has a lot of interesting mechanics. However people are spot on when they complain about the lack of depth, decisions don't matter at all and since I restarted after about level 10 or so I can already see that each playthrough will be more or less identical aside from combat style and that your lifepath doesn't matter

I think you're right about gta having an issue with substance but you do yourself no favors when all you can come up with is some vague bitch about political correctness. the democrats aren't ruining gta, rockstar games is

How did you do that, been using samurai swords but never seen that….

That's the thing, I don't know. It was during Cyberpsycho Sighting: Let the Bodies Hit the Floor, and I got the guy down to 2% of his health. Took one last swing with the Black Unicorn, not even a charged attack, and it just happened. I should've been recording it.

Atmosphere is kino as in all cdpr games

Well I’m glad we can agree motherfucker.
It’s actually a good question because when you asked me you had me a little stumped even though I knew I was right. Tbh I just find the setting and themes very boring. I play vidya to escape into different worlds but that’s just our shitty world with less complexities. *shrug*

>Damn, I actually LOVE this game, whudathought.
>phonepost
You're literally the same shitposting zoomer that has been trying to defend cyberpunk for weeks now, just give it up kid.

Attached: 1550452622140.jpg (500x373, 41.58K)