You are the Chosen One, the only one that can save the world

>you are the Chosen One, the only one that can save the world
>it's an MMO game

Attached: 1625769172719.jpg (600x600, 72.44K)

I hate this shit. Part of why I dropped 14.

>the prophecy is vague enough that anyone can try to fulfill it
>you meet the souls of all those that attempted before you and failed
Morrowind was neat. Also neat that the multiplayer still kinda works with the story to a point.

WoW was the absolute fucking worst about it, because it could never make up its mind.
>You are the greatest paladin of them all, and you get the legendary Ashbringer!
Except every other paladin in the game has one and most likely uses it, it's a dumb parade of Ashbringers.
>"You are a legendary hero who must save the world!"
Except not really, since every single raid is canonically completed in a group with other random people, and plot-important NPCs that will most likely get all the glory, and you were just a big cog in their machine.

WoW ends up failing both as a Chosen One power fantasy, and as a down-to-earth adventurer roleplay.

FUCKING ADVENTURE QUEST WORLDS

I can't imagine actually reading dialogues in wow

the other players are your schizo personalities
they know their mentally challenged audience

>Yes, you are very special, you are destined to do that
>there is actually no chosen one, you are just the most stubborn retard out there to make it through to the end

WHAT ARE THE ODDS?!

Attached: 1622146212293.jpg (320x240, 23.81K)

the world wakes was a mistake

Attached: 1540558258257.jpg (454x960, 61.27K)

>mmo
>you are part of a superhero group
>every single character is an insufferable cunt

How many MMOs and online games do this? PSO2 absolutely pulls off this shit, even with one episode where your dude is the only one hopping to some alternate realm story-wise and yet the UQs have you and 7 or 11 other chucklefucks killing the big bads

The other players are just NPCs

Has any MMO ever done anything like all players collectively being part of some world-moving event, where all player actions contribute towards a "pool" of enemy kills or souls absorbed or whatever, that changes the developing story? Destiny was ALMOST this with the guardian concept, but then they shit the bed and gave each guardian the Chosen One status anyway.

Pretty much all of them nowadays. Normies want to feel powerful, they don't care for roleplay. So devs have to present them with insane setpieces.

I think that was the premise of some old weeb mmo that I never played and only read an article about once

That's a fucking shit copout, especially when all other urgents can just pass off everyone as being a member of ARKS

Ep5 was a mistake

Reddit humour is the worst thing that happened to humanity

Why did you link my post you stupid fucking mass reply faggot nigger
Go choke on your dad's girthy jewcut chode

Figures it would be an Asian dev to try and refine the concept, too bad you don't remember which one.

>other players experience the same story as you
so what

>you're not the chosen one
>but you're the only "competent" person, who gets anything done
WoW has gotten weird.

go fuck yourself you mass reply faggot, if you're so familiar with reddit humor why don't you go back.

You're playing a shared world game so it doesn't make any fucking sense.