What's the point of pre-loading? If the game is out why not just let people play it?

What's the point of pre-loading? If the game is out why not just let people play it?

Imagine literally buying and DOWNLOADING a game and not play it?

Attached: guy.jpg (600x600, 35.21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VbHhYCTe3q8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>What's the point of stocking shelves on a store if you're just going to be closed at night. Why not just let people in?

Attached: 1314982395956.jpg (158x152, 5.58K)

>convinience store analogy

Sometimes it matters
As an example
youtu.be/VbHhYCTe3q8
World of Warcraft. clans would compete to get the first clear. If it's a 60 gig expansion allowing them to preload so they can start playing officially as midnight rolls around makes sense. you can only have a race if everyone starts at the same time

Attached: 1598716811834.png (680x314, 315.18K)

Are you stupid or are you actually being serious? Can you use your brain for 1 second?

kek, this city bitch with fiber internet doesn't understand

Because the people who say europoor have literal piss poor internet and they need days just to install 1 60GB game

Answer me. I buy and download a game, why am I not able to play it when it is literally in my system?

1. There has to be a date of release regardless so why do you care if you are given the chance to preload retard. They could just as well not allow you to preload and you had to wait regardless.
2. Everyone gets a chance to play at the same time by giving people a few days of time to preload.
3. Devs have the time to deliver day one patches since these are relatively small compared to the full game.

1. You're still not answering me. The game is literally in my system, yet I'm not able to play it. Why?
2. You do know there are early access games. Right?
3. Again, early access games also have patches.

what do you expect them to do?
>we want the game out at this time
>ok we're a few days ahead of schedule and the game is done
>let's rework all the marketing campaigns and release the game whenever we want
>that'll build the hype
i really think even the posts on this board that seem sincere are the work of FOOLS

>The game is literally in my system
Not all of it.

So people don't completely destroy the servers day one by downloading it at the same time

You can if you have a crack.

it reduces the stress from the server, some "people" (NZ,AU) have their internet capped so they need to go to a cafe to preload it first and i'm sure there's more reasons.

hey turbo faggot there are streamers and journalists currently playing elden ring literal days before it "release date." If the shit is already preloaded why not let it be playable as well?

Not all games have pre loading as an option, so why does it work for them?
How so? You can play some games with a crack.

Yeah. The crack simulates the thing you need to play. Be it an executable or a decryption. SOMETHING needs to be added or changed in order for it to be playable, so the version you downloaded is literally, LITERALLY, incomplete.

but this unironically

Attached: 1645735529121.png (596x1399, 653.77K)

better question: why do you give a shit about a reddit westboo game for soiboys?

Then how are people playing games and beating them well before release? Especially leakers and reviewers.

What the fuck are you running your fucking mouth for? They're playing complete versions. When you pre-load the game you're downloading 99.999999% of what you need in order to play. The final last bit is added or changed when the game officially releases. This isn't fucking rocket science you god damned clown.

Is that a sewing machine wallpaper?

Those are guns.

You're not getting it. If the game is clearly available to download and play, why hold it against you and make you wait? This isn't an issue about how the download is "incomplete" more so why is it forced to be incomplete.

So that it's fair to everyone. Showing up to a footrace early doesn't let you start running before the race begins you fucking retard. You're essentially confused why games have release dates.

TO MAKE THEM MORE MONEY.

I literally stated before that some games have early access.

Does this one??????????????????

I'm talking about pre loads in general, what are you talking about?