Is this game backed behind years and years of legacy knowledge checks, like Tekken 7...

Is this game backed behind years and years of legacy knowledge checks, like Tekken 7, were I will have to lab years of my life away to get gud, or is it more like SFV in that it focuses on fundamentals?

Attached: kofxv.jpg (616x353, 142.82K)

Ukraine is being bombed right now and the world is on the brink of World War 3 and all you can think about is playing a video game?

legacy players will fuck you up in KOFXV. it will require alot of practice

shut the fuck up you turbonigger

there are buffers. the better characters can confirm off of lights into heavy damage and meter management is a big deal. You have to learn 3 characters which means that it flat out has a different, longer learning curve from other games. However, the does use a smart auto combo system which automatically gives you the best super you can afford with your meter at the time you use it, leaving clutch situations just always in your favor.
it also walks a fine line between rigid and fluid gameplay with combo routes being static but conversions being free flowing, which isn't even to mention how inputs are different in that if you want to quarter circle kick confirm into 2 quarter circle kick super, you are still only doing 2 quarter circles but pressing kick twice as inputs stack

It's mostly fundamentals but at a much faster pace than SF

Both.

Search a video about kof for beginners or survival video for kof, look at some combo videos and then choose

The true answer is that all the cast follow certain rules but the fundamentals differ a lot from sf, so you cant expect to punish or play just following sf rules, for example the sweep in kof is not a bad move by itself and can be used as a safe poke, which goes against sf common sense

Combos follow lots of rekkas and freedom, and the different rules makes for a refreshing experience in 2d fighting games

>light light light into a super is legacy

dumb fucking retard, your shitposting ruins every single thread

>years of my life away to get gud
holy shit user you will never be on stage at EVO, just boot up the game and have fun like the rest of us

I dont want to be a tourne fag, just decent at the game with a good winrate.

do the combo trials show me all the possible combo routes, or do I have to research shit on my own outside of the game?

>is [x game] backed behind years and years of legacy knowledge checks, like [y game], where I will have to learn how to play?
yes user, like ANY multiplayer game, some people will be better than you. if you never played [x genre] you might have to learn how to play and you might be bad at first. these games also have rank-based matchmaking so you can play against other new players. just pick up a game that looks fun and play, or wait til a sale if you don't want to risk wasting money.
fuck your winrate and fuck your rank, just play and you will naturally get better. you can do it. dont worry about winning just have fun and do cool shit and learn from your mistakes. nobody will judge you

Attached: or any FPS.png (324x150, 131.18K)

They don't show you everything, and several of them are impractical, but you can still pick up some important bits. Just play around with a character in training mode, or if you want to be spoonfed there are basic combo guides already up on youtube for every character

doing a little research outside the game always helps. it's good to watch youtube videos, join discord servers for the game, look for resources on leddit, watch other people play, and in general just talk and ask questions about the game or your character. nothing wrong with reading a tutorial if the game's explanation doesn't show you everything. literally just google "game character guide"

what you said is 100% true, but the reason I mentioned tekken in my post, is because Tekken 7 is a different breed of game design.
Its literally years and years of knowledge checks to reach a base fundemental level.
Based fundemental level meaning you wont necessarily even be good at the game.. you just wont get cheesed and gimmicked by shit you dont know how to deal with.
For example, think of your first time playing chess.
Someone explains how the game works turns, what the pieces do, and the objective of the game BOOM. fundamental level reached.

lol you can perform the best combo for your character in 1 sitting, you don't need to training mode grind like street fighter and anime games.
the real practice is learning what characters can do in a real match, and learning with 3 characters.
characters choices online a real varied atm and there's 39 of them.

> a good winrate
Your winrate will always be around 50%, cope with it and have fun.

Attached: uooooh.webm (250x200, 303.25K)

>Its literally years and years of knowledge checks to reach a base fundemental level.
no it's not you absolute monkey this is my first tekken game and i reached green ranks in 20 hours. i've played other fighting games and fundamentals transfer just like playing any fps game or strategy game. stop making excuses and just play the fucking video game

Attached: REEEE.png (468x151, 113.66K)

> Tekken 7
> Its literally years and years of knowledge checks to reach a base fundemental level.
Who told you that ? Get back down on earth.

Attached: image2.png (1121x973, 307.58K)

you litterally just made yourself look like a fool.
I have 70 hours under my belt and just hit warrior a few days ago.
Tekken is an absolute cheese knowledge check game you fucking troll.

Attached: tekken screenshot.png (1362x463, 116.25K)

seeI actually fucking play the game so you cant troll me. you can literally play kuma and mash to a high level.

no THIS is a cheese knowledge check you INCOMPETENT BUFFOON

Attached: Cheese-Quiz-558x1024.jpg (558x1024, 103.89K)

no rebuttal? cmon man.