The PC situation with Elden Ring is also worth clarifying. As it currently stands the PC version using the latest 1...

>The PC situation with Elden Ring is also worth clarifying. As it currently stands the PC version using the latest 1.02 patch has a number of issues that will affect all hardware configurations on all graphical settings presets. Elden Ring is From Software's first foray into low-level APIs on PC and the game uses DirectX 12. As we have seen in other DX12 titles, there can be severe and distracting frame-time stuttering issues.

>First there are stutters of up to 250 milliseconds in length when new effects, enemies, and areas appear on screen. These types of stutter lessen as the play experience goes on and enemies, areas, and effects are revisited by the player. A second and more pervasive stutter appears to be tied to loading new game areas - when traversing the terrain, moving from one area to the next can cause minor one-off frame drops a few times a minute, or at worst, tumbling frame-time issues that drop the frame-rate from a steady 60 into the 40s.

It's over....

Attached: digital foundry.jpg (400x400, 18.6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2022-02-24-elden-ring-performance-first-impressions
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Source: your lying tranny ass.

eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2022-02-24-elden-ring-performance-first-impressions

>Shillital Cuckundry
It meets more motion blur

It's over...

Attached: 1616511033107.png (482x427, 145.53K)

>tumbling frame-time issues that drop the frame-rate from a steady 60 into the 40s.

So on its' worst it still runs 25% better than on the strongest console (PS5) ?

>Shillital Cuckundry
trying too hard

>Ps5 in 4k quality settings can't pass 45 fps at max and hangs from 45-30fps
>4k PC ultra settings sometimes dips to 45 fps while playing
>Somehow its over

I won't even notice it, just like how your parents won't notice your will after you commit suicide and put your dead name on your tombstone.

Why does anyone uses dx12 again?

So they can make fun of schizo win7 users.

>Playing on PC
Cringe

So, was it something bad they said about xbox or something bad they said about playstation?

>Playing in below 50 fps
>Paying for online
>Never getting mods
>Losing assess to the game on next gen
>Never getting gyro controls for bows
Cringe

I honestly don't understand. There's only a handful of DX12 games that actually run well without issues. The only reason you have to go with DX12 is if you want to have ray tracing, which this game doesn't have.

ray tracing is planned to be implemented on later date. thats probably why they went dx12 in the first place. and why lightning looks pretty basic compared to their earlier games

sorry don't understand this nerd math numbers i just like playing video games

If the guys couldn't make the game run at a stable 60fps on consoles even at the "frame rate" option then there probably won't be a solution on PCs either. The problem must be more serious than simply a lack of hardware brute force.

PSissyters our lives are in fucking shambles

I saw many streams of the pre-1.02 pc version and it was fine, yeah there were occasional stutters but if I can tolerate eurojank I can tolerate that

Attached: 1572802103015.jpg (193x164, 10.06K)

Why do you hate benchmark and fps tests? You're probably a chud too

>As we have seen with other titles suffering from similar issues such as Final Fantasy 7 Remake and Halo Infinite, it could be sensible to wait for further patches before investing time into the PC version of Elden Ring.
The PC version seems to be a bit broken.

>we got 37 fps on 4k ultra settings sp the game is unplayable

Really? Well, that solves that mystery. They still could've implemented a DX11 mode on startup for better stability and only enable ray tracing if you activate DX12 mode, even on supported hardware. All their DX11 games run 100% stable 60 on something as weak as a 2500k with a mild overclock.

If you've ever played emulated games you'll be used to the shader cache related stuttering, bunch of pansies I tell ya.

So is it worth buying for PC?

It's specifically about the stutters, that are apparently still there on 1.02, the day 1 patch. At least it seems like they fixed the slow down we saw in some of the webms, so I'm hopeful they might fix the stutter too.

>playing a from shit game on anything less than top end hardware

It's what you get
They have always been shit on launch
it's the DRM/rootkit exploit they use

After a month or two, they deactivate it. If you pirate it you don't have the problem.

I'll be fine, I played countless games at 720p 20ish fps back in the day with my old toaster, if my rx 570 can handle that I'm golden

Attached: 1645469563641.png (272x204, 66.73K)

The problem is frame stutters. This 37fps drop does not mean that the game is running at a steady 37fps during a battle, but that you were battling at 60fps and right when the boss decided to make his attack, there was a stutter of 2 or 3 frames. This makes any game unplayable for anyone with any standard. The guys at DF said that sometimes there are 250ms stutters when some effects are seen for the first time, which means that sometimes you will lose 10 frames because you are facing a boss for the first time.
This is unacceptable. And they are already using version 1.02 which theoretically should fix this problem.

If you have a half-decent PC (around 1050ti or better) and no PS5/XsX, I still think yes. The bigger 250ms freezes only occur when new shaders are being compiled, which means just the very first time you see an object or NPC that is using shaders you haven't used yet, or if you change your settings to something that requires a recompile of those shaders. You still get 1080p60 with only small one off frame drops according to digital foundry, which is just something that can happen if you're not using triple buffering. They could completely fix this by compiling all shader before launching the game for the first time. Forza Horizon 4 and 5 did this and despite being dx12, they don't have stuttering issues, at least I have never encountered any.

>As we have seen in other DX12 titles

DX12 is fucking shit. I hate it so much for years now.

God I love not being a pc chud, enjoy your stutters cum guzzlers

>After a month or two, they deactivate it. If you pirate it you don't have the problem.
It would be interesting if someone did a test comparing the pirated version with the original. Imagine if the pirated one really doesn't have this kind of problem...

The only reason from switched to dx12 is because of the raytracing meme they will implement after launch. i hate meme tracing and dx12 so goddamn much holy shit.

The only thing they could do to fix this is to compile all shaders before starting up the game or every time you change settings to a point where shaders need to be recompiled. This should be common practice for all DX12 games.

you can't even reach 60 fps on your 'new' consoles

They make sponsored videos and ignore shit performance if you pay them.
Personally I like how they completely ignored DLSS ghosting on their Nvidia sponsored video and coined the meme "better than native".

It might not
I know DS3 pirated never had it

In the launch day (with patch) of DS3, warping to firelink took anywhere between 30-60 seconds for the fog gate to dissapear.
Pirated it took between 10-15 seconds.

You do realize that testing is usually done by 'big companies' on external HDDs right?

Like literally it's done that way to bypass the neeed to copy it over to an internal drive
If it's on an SSD it loads fast with no stutters

The only way your newest paper weight can reach 60fps is by playing the old-gen version which looks absolute ass, bitch boy.

You guys are the worst Fucking people ever. Look at this drama you want to drum up for a fucking video game. Oh gosh it might not run flawlessly omg let’s discuss it for three days :)
I think you niggers are easily the lamest group of people on earth. You guys barely understand how anti cheat works. Half of you think it’s spying on your computer OUTSIDE of watching your processes for illegal programs or a program trying to interact with the game client. The rest of you actually believe this easy anticheat is a “resource hog”.
If you have any of these sentiments you are retarded or have such low quality equipment you masquerading as if all the problems are pushed on to you by the dev when in reality your trying to run a game in some prehistoric trash hardware. It’s like you have your sick ps3 hardware and your getting annoyed the game might run poorly cause of the big bad anti cheat.
The fact that you guys believe it’s truly spyware in the sense of harvesting data just proves none of you can even Google or visit the fucking programs website and read their god damn EULA
FUCKING LOSERS LMAO