Anime video game

>anime video game
>character speaks with a British accent
XENOBLAAAAADE!!!

Attached: 3186AA1E-3727-484A-8124-98C1FD835682.jpg (1200x628, 117.67K)

Honestly a good way to market your brand as long as you can deliver good VA (which XC1 did and 2 did not).
Really the only other JRPGs doing that are Yoshi-P's FF games, but even then I'd say XC has the dominant hand in terms of british voiced JRPGs (probably due to a wider usage of accents).

Is there an accent that is acceptable?

>DQ

Osaka japanese

Pretty much every fantasy game since Dragon Quest VIII. And I hate it. It was first used in DQVIII because the head localization director was tired of "American voices." But now British voices and forced accents have become the trope.

Attached: xenoblade3.jpg (1073x316, 61.88K)

I'm so tired of terrible American voice acting in every game, so I'm glad at least some games get shitty British voice acting

Play it with Japanese on. Then you don't get shitty American or British.

I actually prefer British voice acting in my JRPGS. American voice acting is cancer.

yeah but then I don't understand what characters are saying in battle.

I wonder how Xenoblade would have changed if NoA wasn't such fucking retards who didn't want to localize the first one affected the series overall.

Can't stand American VA in Japanese RPGs. I think the only JRPG where I think it sounded good was in FFX.

But more often than not American VA makes everything sound so cartoony. British tend to make the drama in these games sound more sincere and weighty.

Xeynoblehd?

Attached: 1645388101772.jpg (750x986, 112.39K)

That general American dialect that Americans VA speak in is grating to the ears. Americans sound awful.

I fucking love what they did in XC2 in particular. Transformed an overworn 'nyaaaa catgirl' cliche into a chav that is a delight to listen to every time she opens her mouth.

Attached: eb7.png (680x950, 894.6K)

fweeeeeee

Attached: flute.jpg (1280x720, 62.06K)

and japanese voices are like nails on a chalkboard. absolutely grating.

>I need to understand the random grunts and one-liners the characters say in battle
>FFX sounded good
>American accents sound grating to the ears, unlike Cockney and fake Scottish dialects
Dubfags everybody.

Attached: facepalm_samus.jpg (124x141, 22.32K)

English is a literal frankenstein mutt language

Tbe only other v.g. welsh accent i know of, other than from some the people in random ass dragon quest town, is from a novigrad stripper in witcher.

Because America didn't want anything to do with the original xenoblade so Nintendo UK/Europe picked it up. You only got it because you begged daddy Reggie to bring it over.

>>character speaks with a British accent
>XENOBLAAAAADE!!!
No one does that.