I know that everyone is hyped for Elden Ring...

I know that everyone is hyped for Elden Ring, but can we take a moment to talk about the worst video game-themed movie of all time?

Attached: free-guy-poster.jpg (3600x5700, 2.22M)

There's plenty of contenders for that crown. Most of the Resident Evil films, House of the Dead, Postal, Pixels, the first Mario Bros movie, the second Wreck it Ralph. Or do you mean specifically movies based on an existing franchise?

thats barely a game movie.
and don't talk about it, its free advertising

This was so fucking boring, holy shit. I only chuckled at the buff guy saying placeholder lines like "SNARKY COMEBACK" or "MASCULINE GRUNT". That was the only time it actually felt like a video game.

Just movies based around any given video game/nerd culture universe. This one is pretty much GTA V.

>Pixels
That one was so bizarre. It was like the parodies OF bad video game movies, a la that Futurama episode, but it was completely real.

I mean it was an ok movie. I am not triggered by ryan reynolds giving a typical ryan reynolds performance. It was a fun movie.

However all the streamer cameos and disney IP references were cringe as fuck and made it painful to watch. For this reason alone I would say I did not like it.

I never saw Free Guy but I could tell just from the trailer that it was trash. I kinda still wanna see it just because I have a boner for Ryan Reynolds.

>"This movie sucks cock guys, don't watch it."
>"NOOOO ALL PRESS IS GOOD PRESS STOP IT YOU'RE ACTUALLY HELPING LE DIRECTERINOS"
I get what you mean but that's flawed logic. Saying "Ryan Reynold's hit video game film Free guy is now on streaming platform X and 4K blu ray!" is free advertisement.

Ryan doesn't even get to be himself, he's painfully boring in the entire thing. By far the worst type of movies for me. It honestly makes the movie worse just by virtue such a fun and bubbly actor plays such a bland and uninteresting character. At least if something is just badly done you can laugh at it. But movies that are painfully mediocre with not a lot happening Fucking Porco Rosso, how could you pick that shit over Akira, Johnathan? are the absolute worst. No fun whatsoever.

Attached: Angry Welsh Cat.png (888x762, 705.26K)

Pretty much the same Deadpool-esque character. Just imagine player one but much more boring.

>everyone is hyped for Elden Ring

Attached: 057E20CA-04E0-4562-A2EA-80BA23A73B84.jpg (800x450, 27.85K)

this movie was fun. it wasnt great, but its good enough for a watch

>almost half of the threads current are about elden ring

jannies need to do their job and do it with pride because they do it for free.

I feel like specifically Any Forums calling something shit is basically a free ad. OP's right in this case, but you know

The first Mario Brothers movie was kino

Ready Player One was worse.

>Pretty much the same Deadpool-esque character
so it's Ryan Reynolds playing Ryan Reynolds again

Monster hunter was the last one I've seen. Was pretty horrible

This one was great.

Attached: image.jpg (788x1080, 222.34K)

>the first Mario Bros movie

Attached: 1645437998141.png (272x272, 145.79K)

My dad wanted to take me to see this movie since he knows how much I like games. It was going to be down the shore where the only nearby theater runs just a few movies but this one was out of rotation. Was sort of relieved because I knew it was going to be kinda cringe but would have went anyway.