Is it the best one or the worst one? Provide examples of your reasoning

Is it the best one or the worst one? Provide examples of your reasoning.

Attached: Today I will remind them.jpg (1600x842, 425.06K)

Didn't B-team have to downgrade everything and do a lot of shit over from scrap just before launch? Why wasn't the definite edition like this?

it was just das1.01 with haphazard atmosphere/thematics that clashed. it was the only souls game that promised things it didn't deliver.

The "B team" does a better job at making video games than your pimp Miyazaki.

No the best one is sekiro. because I said so

ds2 is the worst of the entire soulsborne-sekiring-series. Because Miyazaki did not help to make it. Yes im a Stan, and want to suck his dick.

Worst one, but not bad. Still like an 8/10 with DLC, but
>fell for le hard meme, a lot of fucking enemies, bosses are damage sponges
>best pvp, best weapons
Kinda evens out, I guess.

ds2? The worst one

SOTFS? The best one.

Game doesn't fall off halfway like ds1. It doesn't betray the souls combat either like ds3 did in favour of bloodborne combat for people who didn't have a ps4. Build variety is the best in the series (albeit miracles got gutted for pve usage). The variety in locations is astonishing and it doesn't shy away from being "gamey" while at the same time mantaining a central narrative (yes I know about the elevator to the magma fortress but ds3 had every single lord living literally 10mins of walking away and shrugged it off as "the lands are coming apart xdd")

The crown plotline with the DLC centered around obtaining the crowns of the lords to be able to move beyond the cycle made the story the best in the series. Each place has so much personality (aside from that one recoloured boss) and each lord has a storyline that's actually fleshed out and interesting. I liked DS3 DLC's message of just moving forward and accepting the death of Dark Souls as a metanarrative but SOTFS provided a both fresher and more inventive story.

Overall best combat, more bosses (although ds3 gets the boss crown), better enviroments (post sotfs patch), better visuals, better enemies, better coop, better and more dedicated pvp, better covenants, better world and narrative. It's just amazing how much the dlc sotfs fixed such a fucking failure

>ds2? The worst one
>SOTFS? The best one.
Absolute cringe.

Original Demon's Souls is still the best game in the series. You're right about DS1 falling off, but DeS did not have this problem. Only possible complaint that could make DeS worse is the puzzly aspect of the bosses that once solved makes them piss easy every replay.

This. And at least the shit like Dragon God, bad gimmick that it is, lasts like 1 or 2 minutes on replaying. The bad parts of the other souls games are usually entire areas that can last hours.

pretty good in the start, kinda poo in the middle, ok near the end, and good in the dlcs.

it's the worst one but still not unplayable by any stretch

closer to demon's souls in core gameplay than DS1 was but also amped up elements from DS1 like the nonlinearity (i would call DS2 the only truly non-linear game in the series up until elden ring)

best multiplayer by far and the campaign has warmed on me a little bit. it doesn't have a massive drop off like Dark Souls 1.
I still think 3 and Demon's are the 2 best of their series and Sekiro/Bloodborne were better than any Souls

It's not even as good as skyrim and I can run skyrim on my microwave.

Search your heart user Cast off the shackles of Any Forums and see sotfs is the one true ds sequel

Very ambitious ideas to improve on 1, but never got to fully realize them as it was raped senseless in its development cycle. Despite this its still better than 3 to me on the account that it isn't as boring or safe. I can still load up 2 and have fun up until about drangleic when the game becomes linear and uninteresting, but its impossible to play 3 past undead settlement and not fall asleep.

SOTFS is worse than vanilla in every way.

Attached: ds2 vanilla vs sotfs.png (1278x1439, 3.18M)

what's even different in SOTFS? I thought it was just all the DLC thrown in and that extra boss at the end

It's the worst one because of the non-analog movement, simple as

>and that extra boss at the end
Vanilla DS2 also has that boss, along with every other piece of content in SOTFS as long as you have the DLCs. I think SOTFS has one exclusive armor set (the one on the cover art), that's it.

That's pretty much how I feel about it - It's the red headed step child of the bunch.

The Souls franchise is known for being highly replayable ARPGs.
Dark Souls 2 is the most replayable, has the most balanced combat, and is the best RPG due to the greater build variety, larger amount of armor and weapons, and more optional areas.
I think it is very slightly better than Dark Souls 1 and 3, but that doesn't mean I think it has better bosses than Dark souls 3 or a better world than 1. It's the best because it's just more well rounded, and without the major drawbacks of being unpolished and unfinished (not as unfinished at least) like DS1 or linear and regressive like DS3.

Attached: de05416088f6cc76c4d74434458eb283.png (635x425, 289.31K)

was it always that bright in sotfs wtf?