Do games journos need to finish games they put out reviews for?

Do games journos need to finish games they put out reviews for?

Attached: competing_game_journalists.jpg (1080x965, 327.84K)

Attached: 4hrkjt.jpg (500x500, 62.49K)

Literally who are these people

90% of gaming opinions I post on Any Forums are about vidya I haven't played nor have any interest in playing.

Attached: 1626241193025.gif (1607x1080, 1.42M)

TV critics don't watch a whole season of television before they review it, they just review the first 3 or 4 episodes. A video game critic only needs to cover the first 8 or so hours of a game, most of the audience does not play further than that anyways.

No but they need to actually play games

I agree. Movie reviewers only need to watch the first twenty minutes also, and sports writers only should watch the first 15 minutes before declaring the winner

>and my opinions were rarely out of line with others
We know. That's why nobody trusts video game "critics" anymore. It's all a fucking circlejerk.

>Complaining about playing videogames
>When your "job" is to fucking play videogames of all things
If White ""people"" complain about this garbage imagine when they have a real job.

This but unironically.

Attached: 1634075917927.jpg (1920x1080, 795.19K)

>paid to play video games
>I work way too hard, this is destroying me
:|

Is this really a question that needed to be ask? Would you trust a movie or book reviewer if they gave a review to something they didn't finish? At best, they could call it an impressions but a review demands that you at least finish the game at a minimum, not 100% it.

What about games you cant really "finish" like roguelites and roguelikes
What about games that are 300 hours long like Pathfinder and you have to submit your review in 3 days. Literally not humanly possible even if the guy spends his every waking hour playing it.

These niggas acting like they're all busy adults and shit but their work is writing about videogames. Most of their days is spent doing nothing, going to shitty cafes and bitching on twitter.
It's not like every reviewer is required to beat every game that comes out too, they can easily divide who does what, yet they don't, because they don't really like playing videogames.
Youtube is a much better place for game reviews these days precisely because you get people who love what they do, love the games they review and many times are specialized in the genre.
Fuck these clowns.

>>and my opinions were rarely out of line with others who also played 30 minutes

>my opinions were rarely out of line with others (game journalists)
lmao these people need to die in car bombings.

>waaaaah playing video games is too hard on me

Good rebuttal, actually.

>It would destroy them to finish video games

How much of a soft, privileged life do you have to have to say shit like this? There are men who destroy themselves slowly to upkeep our infrastructure and this guy is getting bodied by a side hobby designed for enjoyment. What the fuck?

Attached: 1642222725356.gif (500x430, 1.51M)

>nu males literally are so fragile that reviewing video games is considered hard labor
This is why the west will fail

Can a game journalist tell me some useful information about the game like if there is a japanese language option in settings, and if not does changing your system language to japanese change the game language?

You don't need to finish a game but you need to play through whatever the main mode is.

Assassin's Creed isn't going to change because you got all the flags.

To be fair, if you are required to beat a long ass game in 3 days that's impossible and would be very demanding to play it and write a decent review on it.
It's not like they have 1 person doing all the reviews, or that all games take that long to beat. They're still little bitches.

>Youtube is a much better place for game reviews these days precisely because you get people who love what they do, love the games they review and many times are specialized in the genre.
I think you may have experienced some sort of timeslip user. We're currently in the year 2022, you appear to be from the mid 2000s. I suggest buying a sports almanac and printing 10 years of stock reports before you go back to your time period.

they don't even seem to review actual gameplay anymore either it's all oh this story those graphics

Journalists deserve the rope no matter the kind, reviewers can and should at least tell how far they got into the game and then give their opinion. Journalists will never do this.

That's why no one cares what you think.

why'd you cut out the part of Jon's tweet that even matters

Attached: twatter.png (886x320, 51.94K)

>gamergaters were right the whole time

Attached: 3C10AE5B-BB3A-49CC-B1E3-7B37F5B7C5D1.jpg (976x850, 57.91K)

>no one should let a job take over their life
t. man who talks about video games for a living

this is something I miss about gaming magazines being the only way to get reviews long ago
issues came out the same time each month so reviewers had plenty of time to play through a game and write their review. it didn't need to be out the day of the game's release.

it's fine to not finish a game as a reviewer as long as you hate it and can explain why you hated it

>my opinions were in line with others
>it’s more important to me to have consensus among my peers in a profession where I’m supposed to give my own opinion than writing the truth

Fuck all journalists. The profession has been a joke for a century now.

game 'journalists' should not exist and no one should be filtering their impressions of a game through some failed lit major's retarded brain. developers should not send out early copies to these retards and should instead put out promotional material that represents the gameplay in it's entirety, like have an open beta a few weeks before launch to demonstrate the multiplayer and/or a brief demo of the singleplayer content. if your game cannot garner interest through gameplay demos and relies on reviews to emphasis how deep and compelling the story is then it simply should not exist and deserves to fail. games are not movies they do not need critics to inform people of the quality of the story/writing.

>my opinions were rarely out of line with others

Attached: future.gif (389x329, 2.41M)

Depends. MGSV is a great example of how important the ending is to your overall satisfaction with a game. Everything up until the ending is great: The mystery of the story, the gameplay loop... Then you get that ending and realize that the game is unfinished and never WILL be finished and that is when you start to hate it. Then you hate it for a while and then get it at a distance where you more concisely can reflect on your true feelings about the game.

MGSV shouldn’t be reviewed for another 3 years.

Attached: 1997CF5B-E777-4BA7-92C2-227B543CC3E3.png (765x1024, 1.65M)

Fuck off my site with your bullshit to nigger

Attached: 0567b4c600dd42ccc1561ff2adfe653f.png (1000x1000, 1.05M)

Customers will have played and finished the game probably long before a journalist actually does a proper job with a review.