Dev on Aloy's appearance

Did the developers ever comment whatsoever on the physical appearance, specifically the face or why they choose to make her look like what she is instead of something closer to the original concept art? Everyone is bitching and debating, but they could have easily set everyone straight and it makes me wonder. I tried looking everywhere but all I find is that shitty neogaf thread but everything is all claims. I can't find a single interview or something from Guerilla Games that state an official opinion on the matter. Do you think going forward that this will be the move to generate controversy and thus free publicity?

Attached: tumblr_omga8ex4c51qa9abso1_1280.jpg (1232x700, 274.96K)

all this discussion are called as marketing.

Western devs intentionally make their female characters as ugly and unfeminine as possible so all the trannies in the industry feel better about themselves

They legit said that the actress looked too feminine.

they just fucked up and made the character ugly and ran out of time/money to fix it because they spent it all on eceleb cameos nobody asked for

So is that it then? As I said, was it just a ploy the entire time to piss people off and to get people talking? There is an old short video documentary on YouTube for the first game, but they just talk about how she is recieved well by cosplayers (who are ironically more pretty than Aloy herself) and that she is such a great character, but there's nothing about the new game, the appearance change, or any recognition whatsoever about the controversy. Like not a single journo reached out.

Attached: tumblr_onkyls7jOm1qa9abso1_1280.jpg (1166x810, 260.65K)

WHERE?!? I've heard this claim several times. Where did you get this belief from? The most I have is from pic related, but it means nothing as it's a retarded forum post.

Attached: 1645259082760.png (707x1185, 238.68K)

from what ive seen the game is generic dogshit snoy trash so wgaf

Any Forums would want you to believe its all a conspiracy against them but what really happens is the model was made, the stakeholder had a deadline and thought it was good enough, so it was shipped and the artist was moved onto other projects. In any medium to large sized company it's not the artist making the decisions, but rather the people who know the least about art and have weaseled their way into a project management role.

Sure, we get that opinion, but I'm wondering if they came out and said otherwise by a dev member or something from the team or company.

Attached: 0fee9c52d7f62d1f58f2de649252786f.jpg (1080x1350, 100.34K)

what does the artbook say, if anything?

because they need rich facial expression in main character and so she needs having a lot of muscle on her face which is the main reason why she looks fat.

Yeah this is the theory that ugly annoying political, talentless, etc etc you could go on people just like pushing their own insecurities in the world, pushing propaganda, or what have you, but that's not the question. Perhaps this is honestly the best they could do. I find it out that the plant life looks amazing, but Aloy's face looks like a potato, but I digress. I want to know if they ever came out and specifically said anything. I haven't checked Twitter or tracked down any dev members because I normally need to prepare a fecal dive suit before entering that site, but I'd thought I'd ask you. You honestly thing everyone in the board, upon every approval process just okay'd that face through?

Attached: utv2mks73d2agzs7kmlf.jpg (800x1280, 182.67K)

for anime-like character, rich and natural (close to real human) facial expression is hard/weird.

if you cant find it they probably didnt, bapa
bullshit, you dont need to be a chubby cheeked norfman to have "rich facial expression"
there's a reason they say videogames aren't art. if there WAS a call to make her look more strong and powerful (aka manly and masculine) by some soiboi producer i could see an artist sperging out and just giving them the ugly potato they got to spite them. but who knows 2bh.

>tumblr nose

Did they say this or is this just speculation. You know what's really weird? Potentially making millions think you made an intentional ugly character completely unrelated to the story for unknown reasons.

Attached: g_1.jpg (640x406, 26.37K)

so how do you smile without your muscle? try to smile in front of mirror and compare it to anime/game.

True but it's not exactly fat and ugly.

Attached: Character_2.jpg (5687x2098, 967.03K)

have a text bubble pop up next to you w/ an ASCII cat face that indicates your emotions ^.^;;

whether more photorealistic is better is another topic.

This is awesome.

like THIS

but what the fuck are you actually talking about? she's a fat fucking hog, plenty of characters have been made that aren't fat fucking hogs that have plenty of expressions. not sure why you keep saying muscles when she's a fat fucking hog.

Attached: D72UmyxXsAEtpLu[1].jpg (531x531, 36.91K)

The only thing I like about this game is the concert art. I hate whatever the game turned into aesthetically. There's more to it than just Aloy herself. Most of the time, you like the game, and you go back and find the concept art interesting or cool, but with this game, the concept art is all you have and there's no Dev explanation or history or story that explains how the fuck this happened.

Attached: hzd-aloy.jpg (920x1200, 179.19K)