When did you realize that review scores don't matter?

When did you realize that review scores don't matter?

Attached: normalfags.png (1645x427, 197.69K)

When this exact thread was made for countless games before elden ring, newfag.

A very long time ago, you fucking moron.

>b-but elden shit
go away shill.

Late 80s.

I was born with this knowledge. I also think for myself, I know how crazy that sounds.

when reading retard gaming magazines around 20 years ago

Death's Stranding in particular was one of the worst games for journalists to review early since it's so dependent on online features for quality of life and they had to play on hard mode. Which journalists hate doing with a passion. Absolutely kino game though, strongly recommend it as long as you don't pirate it because the online adds a lot to the game.

When my game scored lower than (You)rs

>Death Stranding
>7.3
"Gamers" are fucking brainlets.

Forever ago as it's just an arbitrary number based on one person's opinion.

But it was funny when it was blatently wrong like when IGN used to do subscores, eg
>Story: 7
>Graphics: 8
>Sound: 7
>Controls: 7
Overall score: 8.5

Death Stranding is one of the most boring games ever made. If I had any remote talent at all id do a shitty plinket style review on everything I dislike about that game

>Forever ago as it's just an arbitrary number based on one person's opinion.
I will never forget this SotN review.

Attached: sotn.jpg (1080x4000, 715.03K)

I think metascore is actually a good indicator of a game quality, being an average. But a high score doesn't mean that I would enjoy a game, for example I know my tastes and I know that I wouldn't like Red Dead Redemption 2 or Hades. But a well scored game belonging to one of my favourite genres is always worthy of checking out.
Clearly if you use score to make "war" between games and consoles you are a mongoloid.

depends on the game,though i find that user score is almost always better than critic score.
and you should always read negative reviews before playing a game.

Attached: 3.jpg (1350x2570, 298.83K)

>avoid it like the clap
fucking kek. Personally I think SotN is a solid 7/10 but why the hell are they so negative about it. I think a 7/10 is very well worth playing

Persona 5 reviews upset me because I know so many people that hold the game in such insanely high regard, where as I played it on release and didnt bother wasting my time with royal because it wasnt anything special, and in fact sloppy when you look beyond the actual style and polish

Is this the shazam tranny cope thread?

Attached: B3572556-C7F5-49FA-8349-CAF081F1408F.jpg (1024x813, 179.8K)

>itoddler is a retard
everytime.

>nd in fact sloppy when you look beyond the actual style and polish
True, I like the game but the way retards call it the best jrpg ever. When only 20 hours of it are jrpg and the other are 80 are a vn with mediocre writing is laughable.

Yeah, I don't even hate the game, I enjoyed it for what it was, but holy fuck I want to strangle some of these people. It is a good game, but probably wouldn't even make it in my top 10 for JRPGs