How is this allowed?

Even aside from the massive amount of video games that will become lost media, the 3DS itself will be lost. I can no longer play 3D games, the prices of 3DS will continue to skyrocket and all of them will eventually break. This isn’t like the NES or PS1 days, you can emulate those games.

But you can’t with all 3DS games. Even if they archive the whole eshop in emulation which I doubt, you can’t play games in 3D and with a stylus on PC. This is legitimately sad. In 20 years some of my favorite games I will never be able to play ever again and will only be able to watch YouTube gameplay of them if I’m lucky.

Attached: 7C42C1DB-6AEA-4622-8985-BB8C23DC5CB1.jpg (1800x900, 158.75K)

>lost media

3ds repair is pretty easy though
I'm not too worried as I have like 5 of them

>I can no longer play 3D games
did nitnendo poke out your eye

>can’t play games in 3D and with a stylus on PC
VR goggles + wacom

>You can't play games in 3D with an stylus on PC
user, I...

Just you a drawing tablet or phone for emulating a touch screen you dumb faggot. Also everything is already archived to shit

You sound like such a whiney bitch dude, half the shit you say isn’t even true and the eshop doesn’t close until next year. Fuck you for making such a dogshit thread.

Hardware gimmicks are unironically cancer because they make game preservation even harder than any anti-piracy law.

I'm not defending nintendo but you're being a disingenuous faggot
>video games that will become lost media
all digital only 3DS game have already been preserved and archived if you can't find them that's up to you
> the 3DS itself will be lost
with literally 80M of them out there you're reaching hard
> I can no longer play 3D games
what's stopping you from buying a 3DS right now or downloading citra?
>the prices of 3DS will continue to skyrocket and all of them will eventually break
only IPS panel 3DS and collector editions are expensive, everything else is and will always be dirt cheap
>This isn’t like the NES or PS1 days, you can emulate those games, But you can’t with all 3DS games.
and so you can with 3DS, every single game I've tried on citra runs perfectly fine
>you can’t play games in 3D and with a stylus on PC.
most 3DS games doesn't rely on the touch feature like the DS did, the new gimmick was the 3D and nobody gave a shit about it, citra has a feature to map parts of the touch screen to buttons and it's incredibly useful for games like OOT3D which only uses the touch screen for item management
also there are 3D monitors for PC and you can just buy a cheap wacom if you're that much of a faggot

>Even if they archive the whole eshop in emulation which I doubt, you can’t play games in 3D and with a stylus on PC
you are actually stupid

can't tell if bait

>he didn't put his 3DS into a pressure sealed time capsule

You can still buy working original nes or even atari 2600 or the fucking odyssey, all the original hardware. Why would 3ds become impossible to find in only 20 years?

You can't expect the servers to stay up forever and emulation will only continue to improve with time.

I know you're still here, OP. You fucking pussy.

hey look, a baby finds out about the main issue with digital media for the first time

Attached: 1598018459713s.jpg (111x125, 1.93K)

They let me play games in new and interesting ways. I'm all for them.

I wouldn't mind if everything shuts down.

But they're shutting down the ability to buy new games despite having servers still up for updates and such. It's bullshit.

>you can’t play games in 3D and with a stylus on PC
Who cares?

get the fuck over yourself and mod it already

You can easily pirate e shop content and run it on citra. It is a fair point though this is why piracy is actually a public service not criminal.

Is it worth it to get a New 3DS XL to mod, or should I just stick with my Legend of Zelda edition 3DS?

>the 3DS itself will be lost

Just don't lose your 3DS? I haven't used mine since the Switch came out but I still know where it is and where its charger is and where all my cartridges are.
Jesus, you people need to clean your rooms.

actually, my switch mm2 stylus will probably work on the deck.
the 3d sucked anyway, but if you buy a 3d monitor it can be probably be achieved via emulation
nothing will be lost