Best Gaming Controller for PC?

Used to have pic related but I found that the D-pad would be difficult to use without mashing two or more directions at the same time.
Is there a better gamepad out there for playing SMW romhacks/Rocket League on?
What do you use?

Attached: pro.jpg (2121x1474, 212.82K)

I use Logitech F310, but it's d-pad is also pretty bad. That said, if you mainly want to play 2D platformers, I suggest using a keyboard and emulating a hitbox layout.

Using a keyboard to play console platformers sounds like hell.

8bitdo pro 2

I've used my trusty wireless Xbox 360 controller for about 10 years now. The new PS5 controller has a lot of cool hepatic feedback options but I'm not sure how many pc games will take advantage of it, but that's a great controller in its own right too. I've never been a very big fan of any of nintendo's controller designs.

It's much more comfortable than you might think. Many speedrunners use keyboards or hitboxes for platformers. Yes, >speedrunners, but autistic trannies are the last people to gimp their inputs willingly.

switch pro as well. The reason being digital trigger. I don't get why people love analog trigger. It's suck for fps since you can't aim as well, so only other games is racing which is still shitty.

Most d-pads in any controller I touch don't properly register up-right which makes it impossible to play fighting games.

I use a Steam controller and a Switch Pro for some stuff (mostly Switch emulators), but I don't really play that many platformers.

the latest gen xbox and ps controllers are both surprisingly good, just pick one based on which shape you like more

>Small hands so Dual Shock layout is more comfortable for me than Xbox controller
>Buttons feels good and responsive
>Dpad is actually very good
>been using this on both PC and Switch
Got the colored button version btw

Attached: 09-l.jpg (1920x1300, 506.22K)

An original 360 controller will take you a long way. Still probably one of the best designed controllers on the market

The only controller with a dpad bad enough to be a downgrade from the switch pro is the 360, useless for 2d games

Is there really no better controller for platforming on PC than the switch pro?
Fuck me.

see

Dualshock 3, need an extra program to get it running perfectly but worth it

Dualshock 4, Dualsense, or 8bitdo pro 2 are my recs

Which controllers have crisp, low-travel Dpads like the DS Phat/GBA SP?

And here's the 8-bitdon't shill, right on fucking cue, promotional brand image and everything. Fuck you and your cheapo garbage, you goddamn grifter.

who hurt you

it was me sorry

Overpriced trash

Please tell us why it isn't good.

DualSense is great. Extremely low input lag, most buttons/inputs (touchpad, swipe, gyro, even the mic button can be used as a normal button in Steam), nice beefy d-pad, great sticks, nice triggers, large and comfy controller with a natural grip.

DS3 would also be great if you can find an official one and you are fine with tinkering to get it to work (I think you can download official drivers from PS Now), also it has around 10ms more input lag than DualSense.

It is much better because you have a separate finger for each button. Using one thumb for directions and second thumb for most actions sucks. They could at least map jump to r1/l1 by default.