B-but steam is for the consumer

>b-but steam is for the consumer
No it isn’t. Stop worshipping corps. Steamies are as bad as nintendies

Attached: 17E4D316-CFEA-4C15-B58D-A24F2173CB28.jpg (1242x1544, 316.74K)

that's nice, tim

I've seen this shit. It's so faggot devs won't sell their 99 cent game at 10.00 BUT ON SALE FOR 99% OFF!!!!! No big boys even give 90% discounts and hopefully this incentivizes devs and publishers to change the full retail price instead of trying to trick consumers into thinking a 15 year old game is 75% off of 60 dollars to it's Monday thru Friday price of 15 dollars

This is just setting the max discount cap at 90% to stop shovelware pushers who set their shit at 99% so it gets into the topselling charts. I would say read the articles but i just did it for you and regret it.

also, here you go Tim
动态网自由门 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Tibet 六四天安門事件 The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安門大屠殺 The Tiananmen Square Massacre 反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Rightist Struggle 大躍進政策 The Great Leap Forward 文化大革命 The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution 人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system 台灣 臺灣 Taiwan Formosa 中華民國 Republic of China 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tibet 達賴喇嘛 Dalai Lama 法輪功 Falun Dafa 新疆維吾爾自治區 The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 諾貝爾和平獎 Nobel Peace Prize 劉暁波 Liu Xiaobo 民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗 肅清 胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨 獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 活摘器官 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Winnie the Pooh 劉曉波动态网自由门

Xbot moment

Is that what this is about? Christ, those devs are pathetic

I literally couldn't give a fuck. I have enough money to have 10 kids and send them to school, but I don't.

>Published earlier this month, a backend blog post called Discount Rule Changes says that as of March 28, Valve will be “changing some rules for discounts,” with the main ones being a revised “discount cooldown” period, and the removal of the ability for developers and publishers to “discount a product by more than 90% or less than 10%.”
Eh kinda shit but not a big deal for me since I try to buy games less often.

bro dont neglect your other thread

You see it on Google play all the time. 5 dollar games 95% off for like 35 cents, and it's always shovelware shit asset flip 2d games

Friendly reminder not to shill for free
And also try keeping on topic, this is a thread about Steam, not "Tim" :)

The unfortunate thing is that it actually works.
Far too many people see a huge discount and just buy it because of that.
Happens often in the real world as well.

Why don't they limit it to "must be on the store for X amount of time before it can have such a big discount"? That's actually a law over here in canada, certain products can't get a discount until it's been on the market for at least 3 months.

>This is just setting the max discount cap at 90% to stop shovelware pushers who set their shit at 99% so it gets into the topselling charts.

Steam top sellers is always dollar amount. So shovelware shit is never there. You're thinking of nintendo e shop that actually does it by units sold so everyone was selling games at 10 cents to flood the charts.

a fine thread as always, Timmy

Attached: a5f.png (696x493, 334.64K)

Some publishers like to give discounts for pre-orders or to incentivize buying the game within the first week of release for sales numbers purposes.

From what I've read of the article which is FUCKING KOTAKU that's almost exactly what they're doing while also gutting the asset flip market. I'd even hazard to guess that big publishers will still get special treatment and be allowed to give heavy discounts. They've just rewritten the general policy that you can't shit out a garbage game, hike the price with the intent of discount manipulation and cash in. Nothing burger

Steam sales have been shit since 2014 or something so it doesn't matter. Best sales are on both legitimate and illegitimate key selling sites

>steam's discount
publishers set prices and mobile/indie shitters just abuse discounts to sell shovelware same as they do on mobile appstores.

Bannerlord was discounted 10% off on release if you already owned Warband in your library

Yeah I remember when I first got my Switch I always saw some games for like literal cents and bought a few of them. None of them were particularly good or bad, always extremely forgettable derivative games trying to get attention by going on deep discount.

Steam does have rules like that. You are misunderstanding the issue I think. He is talking about an issue where devs know a sale is coming so they raise the price in advance. Keep in mind this can be done a month or two in advance, you know when the Steam winter and summer sales are going to be after all. When they raise the price in advance like this they skirt the rules about raising the price too close too a sale to participate. So they raise the price a month before a sale and then put it on "sale" for 90 percent off. It's difficult to stop without limiting the ability of a dev to change the price of their product after posting it which is something they probably should be able to do.

that's said, loyalty discounts are pretty awesome.

10% and below discounts were dogshit chicken scraps. Will miss the 95% off that occasionally happens

oh look -95% right here. steam loves you after all.

Attached: Capture.png (637x395, 222.39K)

Yes but no publisher is giving a pre-order discount as huge as 90% off

That makes more sense, thanks for clearing it up

>stop worshipping corps
>youre a consumer not like me
>i dont fall for any of these tricks
>im smart and im a good cons-uh, I mean, I'm mindful of good ways to spend my money

Attached: wojaksoyscream.png (632x756, 25.66K)

Steam sales have ABSOLUTELY been bad for the consumer. Every single steam sale used to be endless retards buying every single game they could because it was discounted by 75%. Those games pile up and you do nothing with them. Everyone who has ever used steam is guilty of this even me. It's why if you look at achievement stats you can look at pretty much any game and it's achievement: "beat the first level" will be a crazy lot lower than on any other platform like a console. Just remember, these pc games you are buying to collect and play later are not real and you do not own them. You are paying to rent them off of steam. Stop buying games to play later.

Who even did 90+% discounts? Publishers are greedy cucks these days.

Chinese and other scam games to sell them at $1 instead $30-50 and make them look cheap.

China? Oh, you mean West Taiwan!

Daddy?

Attached: 1618175008961.png (1196x624, 144.95K)

This is completely reasonable.

Attached: file.png (659x529, 51.67K)

>Valve figures out a solution plaguing sale prices for the last 3 years
>NOOOOO MUH DISCOUNTS!!!!
Thank fuck. Maybe now 20 dollar indie games won't suddenly be 60 dollars on sale for 66% off to 20 bucks now.

I shit on the epic store

Why does Tim look like a registered sex offender?

Attached: 1623234467738.png (623x623, 326.88K)