Is it true people are hesitant to play FF14 because it is an "online" game...

Is it true people are hesitant to play FF14 because it is an "online" game? Will making the game more solo friendly fix that problem for those people?

>On the subject of making the game more solo friendly, he says he still believes, as he’s said in many interviews before, that online games and MMOs offer unique experiences. But in FFXIV’s market research surveys, the fact that the game is an online game is the number 1 reason people give to not want to play it, so he thinks they can’t continue with things as they currently are. Being able to say that the main story is soloable will be a useful tool for the community and PR in the future. In 7.0, in interviews and media appearances, the team will be able to say that all dungeons are soloable, and while 8-man trials aren’t yet supported, in that situation the burden on each individual player is relatively diluted, so it's okay even if you’re a lower-skilled player.

Attached: 1357034132699.png (427x518, 303.94K)

is it too late to start this game anyway

In a age where people survive by living pay check to pay check an online mmo doesnt seem like the smart idea to drop money like it used to be.

if a game isn't shutting down then its not to late to start it

>is it too late
its a fucking video game zoomer, you play it
That's like saying its too late to play Gex because you wouldn't understand the 80s/90s references

> Is it true people are hesitant to play FF14 because it is an "online" game?
Yes
>Will making the game more solo friendly fix that problem for those people?
No because the actual problem is the subscription fee

the game is solo friendly enough as it is the problem is a lot of people want to be carried through anything the game wont drag them through itself

Anyone have a link to the new soundtrack?

If you're concerned being behind gear wise then you shouldn't worry. Dungeon drops go to class priority first and you can buy stuff about 20 item level under bis to farm free gear that you get with special in game currency thats only 10 levels under bis. Its a casual carnival by all means.

I've definitely heard this sentiment before that people won't play it because they would have to queue with other people.

I've heard an equal amount, if not more, complaints about how long it takes doing solo questing and instances before they can actually play with their friends. One of the hardest sells in the game for new people is, "Oh so if X and I get this game, we can level together?" "Not really, you can walk around together, but all the content is solo until you hit at least level 50." They need to add some kind of quest sync or something so people can play together through the slow start of the game.

But if we're really being honest, the biggest barrier to entry is the fact that it's a monthly subscription. I have two friends just in my personal group that refuse to get into it solely because of the monthly fee.

Attached: 1628299966710.jpg (600x800, 226.18K)

honestly i've always been iffy on f2p mmo's because the games always seem to restrict you until you start paying for shit

Considering that the remake A Realm Reborn & the expansion Heavensward are free with no sub fee, would making it solo friendly cause less hesitation to at least try those?

I would play a standalone XIV, like XIVR or something.

Less but the mmo grind also scares people off, and with no sunk cost fallacy keeping them hooked if they got in free, they’re way more likely to quit during the boring part

playing with other people and paying a monthly sub are the two main reasons I have no interest in xiv. I'd be more inclined to check it out if there was something like that DQX offline thing they announced last year. basically if it was a normal ass video game I would be interested, otherwise I don't give a shit

>s it true people are hesitant to play FF14 because it is an "online" game?
No. I'm hesitant because it costs $15/month.

The problem with that trial is if you played the beta with your Square account, you can't fucking use it. Same with subbing and then cancelling to do the rest of the content for "Free."

They really just need to make the game free across the board and charge for a faster EXP gain or something.

Attached: 6D8F3691-7BEA-41C7-9D4D-08ECA180CC54.jpg (1209x1320, 330.97K)

People hesitant to do just about anything.

man the game needs more casual content like 6.1 content will be
>2 hours of msq
>30 minute dungeon
>10 minute trial
>2 hours of Tataru and Hildebrand quests
>1 hour 24 man raid

and that's it, what's the point of sub for an afternoon of content?

Not at all. In fact next patch will introduce a catch up raid, so go for it.

You don't. You wait until a month before the next expansion and play through all of it in a day.

Yeah dude not like there's gonna be a new ultimate or a new pvp mode
>inb4 pvp bad
It's just the feast that is cancer, and Frontline is dumb. Payload struggle will be kino

>Is it true people are hesitant to play FF14 because it is an "online" game?
No, they're hesitant to play it because of the forced 500 grind you have to do to unlock everything.

>Drop all console support so the game can flourish and mend itself
>All the poorfags and casuals stay offline forever
>XIV officially kills WoW and we can finally move on as a species

They're complete morons. The problem with FFXIV is the exact opposite: it's marketed as an online game with a monthly subscription fee yet 99% of the game's content is a linear single-player questline with a handful of multiplayer content sprinkled around. Nearly everything you're forced to do for the actual instances can only be strictly done in solo, and most of said solo stuff is a complete joke gameplay wise. And it's simply not good as a single-player game, because class progression, crafting and whatever are rigorously balanced for multiplayer so you can't do any fun shit like builds, party compositions or anything a regular JRPG would have. Tab combat as well is more of a necessity for MMORPGs rather than something that's desired (lack of feedback being one thing), but like the lack of "unbalanced" stuff, MMO players tend to tolerate it because of the whole multiplayer aspect. Or other community related things of MMOs, like engaging with crafting and trading, if money, gear and consumables weren't almost useless. So if you're planning on playing through the whole thing solo all you're getting is a budget Diablo-like.

FFXIV has individual pieces of content that are great, the plot (when it's not padded to hell) can be neat, but everything else is shit on a design level, because it's trying to be a single-player MMORPG. They should give several raises to people responsible for instanced content while firing everyone involved with the overworld and quest design.

Attached: WUrYdgd9.jpg (400x400, 18.54K)

I'm on board with most of what you said, but tab target combat is actually good (especially for large scale PVE) and this meme about it being bad needs to die.