OUR GAME IS FINALLY FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OUR GAME IS FINALLY FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: 035.png (600x423, 394.7K)

yay! can't wait to play it! :)

no it fucking isn't.

The internet historian vid changed my opinion of Shaun.

Basedmilk

game came out 6 years ago
took you fucks long enough

Attached: Screenshot_20220222_215058.jpg (1080x1233, 456.27K)

when is that britfag making another video

His next is about area 51 and it's almost done iirc

Attached: 1637638403602.jpg (3296x2376, 1.22M)

I suppose I don't blame him as a person but I don't forgive that this is something that is happening more and more in the industry. Developers have all become a bunch of limp wristed yes-men to their publishers. Good games need strong creative leads who know what they want and will walk their business to someone else if the publisher and marketing try some far too unreasonable shit. Several games I've been looking forward to over the past half a decade were ruined by shit like this, directionless contractors just getting the work done and no one willing to push back against the pubs.

>britfag
He's an aussie.

New Zealand*

born but lives in australia

>He's an aussie.
aussies are brits

Gotta give 'em credit for sticking with it. At launch it was shovelware trash. Circa 2018-19, it was playable but still kinda mediocre. Now it's actually pretty fun, and I no longer feel like my money was stolen 5 years ago.

I can understanding it happening to a small development team who has to say certain things to a publisher to get funding, but it's very embarrassing when it happens to a AAA studio.

Be thankful /v I'm about to take precious time out of my precious day to save you some money.
If you don't feel like reading everything, than I would advise you not to buy, unless you meet all conditions : you're very bored, have spare money, are looking for a game you can zone out to while listing to music or a podcast.
While the game isn't horrible it's not that fun and the main draw which is the procedual engine is shit.

who is more based - these guys or CDPR?

There has been a lot talk around the internet about how No Man's Sky redeemed itself especially after the Internet Historian video.
This is wrong. I didn't play the game when it first came out so I can't tell you how much it improved but I can say it's boring.

Let's Start with Combat. It's horrible. There are essentially 4 different enemies in the game. All are horrible and unrewarding. I beat the most difficult enemy in the game during the tutorial and with no weapon upgrades. It was only slightly difficult because my health would go down very quickly. It operates like a GTA game where you have alert level and the more you kill the more enemies come until alert 5 and then it stays there unless you hide
Basically this is how combat works as you mine for resources these little floating robots will get mad if they see you do it. There number and aggressiveness depend on the planet, at the most aggressive level you'll almost immediately aggro them even if you don't mine. After they get mad and start attacking you can pretty much easily kill them using a blaster that uses iron as ammo. They drop some ammo and some things call nanites which are a secondary currency used for upgrades. After you kill the first one, two more will come and search for you, they are pretty good at finding you but they can't find you if you go into one of the random buildings. they'll come in stare at you and do nothing for a bit then go away. You can even punch them to death if you want.
If you choose to kill the two small robots then a dog like robot that shoots a continuous laser and leaps at you will come. It does a lot more damage but it's easy to just run in a circle shooting it and it should miss you. After this I think two come. Then finally a giant robot that looks like those things from Star Wars Hoss comes. Not the camel one but the two legged one.

That's a fair take, I do see what you mean. I've mostly given up on modern games altogether.

that's cool and all, but i hate open world bullshit, especially procedurally generated crap.
good on them for finally delivering though.

To kill this one just shoot off all the armor and then you can blast it to death. It shoots a very damaging giant laser but its not too hard to avoid.
Whenever you get damaged just hide out for a while and you're shield will recharge. you can just use a tool to place land and that usually works.
Your reward are for killing these robots are : a small number of nanites, a material that can be processed as nanites and some one time use modules that make your frigates perform better.
Frigates are just ships you send out on missions and they bring you back money and materials, I don't really use them.
The fourth enemy is biological and you find it around infested buildings. The building have some weird pearl and if you take it they pop out and try and kill you. They actually do a lot of damage but they only spawn next to building so its easy to hide and recharge your shield as needed. You can also just fly in top of the building and shoot them, they'll still spit at you but this doesn't do too much and can be avoided. You can fight them fair and square on the ground if you want but the problem with this is there is a collision bug where if they attack you while you're jumping or flying you'll fly far away from the building.
The pearls they guard sell for a small amount of money and are used for some upgrades. the money isn't worth it and so once you get the upgrades there's no reason to fight them again unless for a radiant quest that has you go wipe them out.

There is also ship comabt which is actually okay and moderatly fun, you essentialy want to remain stationary and hover while shooting and fly to evade and get on you opponets blindside. You can take potshots while flying but it's
difficult and your manuvarbility is less when flying. The ship controls well and there are things like rockets, lasers which fire a continous beam, and blasters.
Unfornately you almost never actually use this. You actually spend very little time in space in this game, you mostly just fly from planet to planet or to the space station that most systems have to trade.
Occasionaly pirates will attack you or you'll be given bounty notice and can hunt pirates for a very small amount of money. This is reatively rare though and the enemy ai sucks. You can also raid freights but they
don't have that much good stuff and you have to fly around in empty space for a while to find some. The only real reason to do this is it gives you upgrades for your own freighter. I know you have to kill turrents when
attacking freighters but I forgot if they send out ships to attack you.
That's about it for combat it's easy, boring, and unrewarding.

Almost every system has a station that you use for trading. All these stations are the same. On the right side going in, there are a bunch of aliens to talk to, you can learn one word for each alien, its a massive
boring time sink. Also on the right side are a quest giver, guild guy and cartographer. The quest guy gives you Skyrim radiant style quests, its actually a pretty good way to earn a shit ton of nanites and credits.
The quets have no time limit, you can accept an infinte amount, and they get completed congruently. So if you have 30 quests to kill 10 sentinels then once you kill 10 of them all quests are completed and you
can turn them all in at any station. The guild guy just gives you free shit, how much depends on your ranking with the guild which can be raised doing quests, the cartographer guy will give you maps
they cost either data points which can be found by exploring planets or by nanites. These maps can be used to automatically reveal stuff on nearby planets, mostly it's inventory upgrades or a manafurcting plant
that lets you learn a new crafting recipe, theres also excavation sites and trading stations.

>I didn't play the game when it first came out
opinion discarded

On the left side going in there are four merchants, One sells upgrades for your multi tool and also has one different multi tool, all multi tools function the same but will have different bonuses or uprgade slots,
next to that guy is a guy that sells upgrades for your land vehicles, these are vehicles are largely useless since you can't generally summon them unless you make a planet one of your bases and then buld the right
summoning buildings. I think there is a upgrade for your freighter that allows you to summon them at anytime, but even then they aren't that good. The game just isn't difficult enough to justify them,
the vehicles I use the most are the sub and motor bike, the sub makes it easier to mine shit under water and the bike lets you move arounf the planet faster, though even upgraded completely it's not that much.
Next to the vehicle merchant is the ship merchant, he sells upgrades to your ship like manuverability, speed, and fuel efficieny, to be honest you don't spend that much time in your ship and combat is easy, fuel can be
found by blowing up astreoids so it's not really a big deal, the best is the ones that make hyper speed faster because hyper speed is just clicking a button and waiting for your ship to fly in a straight line.
Next to the ship guy is the suit guy, he sells upgrades to your jetpack effiencey and length, shield upgrades, and environmental upgrades. Next to him there's a hologram of your sui, this lets you expand your suit inventory
by one, this is the main reason to visit new stations. The price I think either doubles or increases by 50,000 credits each time you by one, I forgot which. All of these merchants take nanites not credits.

There's also a room on the left side that has some aliens, there'll be a option to get something from the alien like an upgrade or some nanites. This is the one of the only practical benefit to learning the alien language
since it allows you to pass the checks more easily. The other one are manufacting stations on planets where you have to solve some question and if you pick the right one you get an upgrade, you can just save scum if you
want though.

On both sides of the station there is a terminal that lets you sell your stuff and and buy goods depending on the economy of the system you have.
In between the left and right side of the stations are landing pads where ships will come in, you can trade with the captians for goods, but's generally's easier to just buy from the station terminal.
You can also buy the captian's ship, there are maybe 4 or 5 differnt ships and there are like 5 different grades for ships with S being the best. You can use your scanner to see the ship's grade,type, and inventory slots
without have to enter the trade screen. I forget but I think the ship types are: explorer- which can travel to further away systems and doesn't take as much fuel, fighter-which is better at fighting,
hauler- which just has more inventory, and shuttle which is jack of all trades.
Every station is the same, not really exaggerating all are carbon copies of each other, the inhabitans are just random npcs

You can get upgrades to make yourself stronger but it's not really necessary, I could beat the giant robots starting out.
The real problem with the sentinels(robots) is that they never stop coming unless you hide. This means they're more of a nuisance than a threat.
The exploration is boring as shit. They are maybe 12 different world types and all planets of the same type look the same. I set up two bases on frozen planets and frequently get confused which one I am on. Neither the plants or the animals look or act a whole different than each other.
And i say there are 12 different world types but these aren't like real worlds the planet is essentially just one giant biome, there won't be much variation in either geography, plants, and animals. One of the best ways to make money early on is get a scanner upgrade that gets you 20x the money for scanning a plant or animal. I did this and scanned hundreds of different variations and most are boring. They are some interesting ones like glowing balls of light and cubes but I'm pretty sure these were hand designed because I find them on multiple planets.

>those people that staked out their offices and took photos of the front door and windows.
I get the game was shit but why did they do it

he's New Zealand?

The origin of the soi memes

internet historian is new zealand.

In the Alien universe they are three different inter galactic species. I forgot their names. they seem to be very similar to mass effect races.
A small beaked species that focuses on commence, they are interested in smelling things and apparently its one of the ways they communicate.
Apparently they used to rule over the other two and enslave them and were a lot more violent. But then the robot race did some eugenics thing and now they just focus on commerce.
They are possibly based of jews, seem most similar to volus from mass effect.

There's a Robot race that are basically the Geth from Mass Effect except without the back story.
They focus on science. They seem kind of like a hive mind type species. They worship the main enemy the sentinels which goes around preserving and scanning wild life. I forgot why since main story is boring.

Then There are the warrior race people they are honor based and focus on combat. they believe death is natural and so they dont like the sentinels since they try and preserve everything.
None of these differences amount to anything in game except when you go to visit a solar system the upgrades that you can buy are slightly more likely to be commerce, informational, combat focused depending on what race controls the solar system.
They seem to be similar to the krogan, they are amphibious looking and militant.

The three species as far as I'm aware get along fine now.
To hear what they say you have to spend forever asking every one you meet to teach you a single word or you find obelisks on the planets that teach you a word. You generally find the species in a trade hub in space or occasionally on the planet where for some reason they don't need space helmets even though you do.
I haven't played the newest update or the one with those abandoned ships, neither looks interesting enough.

The fourth faction which isn't really a species but a bunch of robots is the Sentinels, unlike the previos mentioned Geth like robots the Sentinels don't have members it's just a bunch of drones controlled by a giant computer.
As far as I can tell their extreme environmentalists and want to preserve and record every species in the game. Theres a story to the game I think it's supposed to be one of those meta ones but I never bothered
with it because I don't care and you would have to seek out the story.