It changed gaming forever

it changed gaming forever

Attached: 1635183226257.jpg (700x700, 113.1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-06-05-how-will-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-change-the-open-world-paradigm
twitter.com/dashrevolver/status/1495938013561438214?s=21
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It didn't change a thing. It was just another open world game ft ubisoft towers.

It really hasn't, I thought there would be a larger shift to its style of gameplay and design but there's only been like 3-4 games that actually borrowed from it.

Granted that hasn't stopped Nintendo fans from thinking every new open world game is copying BotW, but that speaks more to how they don't play that many games in the first place.

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-06-05-how-will-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-change-the-open-world-paradigm

it was really fun much better then skyward sword but I hated how story missions played and wish their were more dungeons

regardless its a solid game you can always pick up

I'm willing to listen to your reasoning with an open mind, go on op, elaborate.

>five years ago

all of a sudden everyone started to not caring about BOTW ever since february 2022 hit, I love these phenomenons

- for the worst.

twitter.com/dashrevolver/status/1495938013561438214?s=21
It was certainly the game that inspired others to work gliders into the world traversal. Gotta love the double fail in this clip.

>nobody author
>.biz domain
stop user, it brought nothing new to the table and has changed absolutely nothing.
The absolute fucking most it did was force players to spend stamina to climb mountains. In the end, it was literally just the same format as any Ubisoft open world game.

>go find the towers that unveil huge sections of the map
>go find all 1000 collectibles that are needed for nothing but getting 100%
>go find 120 practically identical "dungeons" to complete puzzles in
>here's your main quest bro, go to the 4 corners of the map and complete a dungeon... thats it lol

Look, I won't lie. The game was fun to play at first, sure. But it wasn't creative, and it certainly wasn't a masterpiece. It was just borrowing from existing titles like Assassins Creed. Zero innovation.

>didn't fucking read it
it's literally an interview with high-profile game devs.

It literally brought nothing new to the genre.

>high profile game devs
your lipstick smells like semen, it brought nothing new to the genre.

Remain ignorant

Remain bing bing wahoo, retard

>Ubisoft dev giving praise to a game that borrows heavily from Ubisoft games

Attached: twobama.jpg (1280x720, 311.88K)

I emulated it, game's fantastic
It only has 1 feature in common with ubisoft open worlds, there's a reason the game's release stopped ubisoft in their tracks and, for the first time in years, they did not release their annual asscreed games and instead tried to make their own botw clone (immortals)

Attached: CEMU Screenshot 2018.06.07 - 06.09.12.11.png (1920x1080, 3.91M)

The only thing it did is make Zeldafags somehow even more insufferable.

>ubisoft tried to make their own BOTW clone
a clone of a clone? nigga are you actually this fucking retarded? It shares many aspects from Ass creed

>>ass creed
>visit towers to unveil map
>collect hundreds of hidden collectibles for no other reason but to make number go up
>go to remote location
>do something menial
>come back
>>BOTW
>visit towers to unveil map
>collect hundreds of hidden collectibles for no other reason but to make game slightly easier and to make number go up.
>go to remote location
>do something menial
>come back
>never return to that location because theres nothing else to do but that one thing.

hey you're right, BOTW did improve on the ass creed model. They streamlined the process of getting quests done to the point where you never need to revisit a place to do a different main quest!

>go to place
>do gameplay
>come back
wow really convincing arguments here my dude, totally doesn't describe nearly every videogame on the planet. I don't know why I'm even wasting my time with you when you clearly did not even bother to read a single word of that article which already addresses these points far better than I ever could.

tfw when it did

Attached: face44.jpg (390x302, 39.83K)

Bro, look at it like this. Compare the MAIN QUEST ONLY of BOTW to the MAIN QUEST ONLY of Assassins Creed Revelations, a game that is about a decade BOTW's senior and widely regarded as one of the worst ass creed games of its era.

>Ass Creed
>Main quest has you bouncing back and forth all over the map, sometimes revisiting the startnig location to complete gameplay objectives
>gameplay objective isn't always the same, you sometimes have to tail someone, sometimes have to kill someone, sometimes have to do something hyper specific that you wont ever do again
>Gameplay takes about 3 to 4 hours, but is action packed almost the entire time.

>BOTW
>The only time the main quest has you revisiting an area is when you go back to Impa to report that you've slain the jabberwocky and free'd narnia. Ok yeah, I'm being sarcastic but you still only revisit a location once, and it's a token revisit, never to actually do anything besides talk to an npc
>each main quest is fucking the same, without failure: find person, collect items you need, do a quick minigame where you assault the divine beast, board it, complete little physics puzzles to summon a boss fight, defeat boss, the end. Rinse and repeat 4 times
>you never go back to any of these locations for more main questline crap
>gameplay lasts for 8+ hours, but its mostly just uninteresting walking while ambient music plays, with the occasional surprise enemy encounter that takes all of 3 seconds to defeat.

It's uninspired, it's the exact same shit except they just streamlined the main questline to make it easier for fucking toddlers to understand. No inspiration in any of the missions because if we have any creativity we might confuse our playerbase! How will they know to complete this if we dont hold their hand and repeat the same lessons 5 times over!

Face it user, BOTW was just another open world flop, and it only got attention for being a zelda game by nintendo on a new console generation.

>(wrongly) assert that ubisoft/asscreed games and botw are the exact same thing
>now arguing that botw should be more like asscreed
Make your damn mind up user, you look like a backpedalling little weasel pulling shit like this thinking nobody will notice. It's also astonishing that you miss the differences in game design this hard, you only ever talk about superfluous bullshit as if videogames are about their quantity of objects and not about their underlying mechanics and interactions. I would play BotW over any Asscreed game any day, since BotW actually feels great to control with fun traversal mechanics and physics in an environment that's far more engaging since its designed hand-in-hand with its core mechanics.