How's the vidya development coming along? Learn any new skills?

How's the vidya development coming along? Learn any new skills?

Attached: 1644749487772.png (1120x492, 874.28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/1etGHCmkbMcj
youtube.com/watch?v=k0ufz75UvHs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

gonna start on some models in blender once i finish my 2d art WIPs (i learned the basics of blender already).
im ocd about that i guess. dont wanna start on them until i finish what im already working on.

Attached: 1644595327397.jpg (540x535, 33.98K)

If you don't have any talent you'll never make it, that's the cold hard truth you faggots aren't ready to hear. No amount of practice will make up for your genetic deficiency.

Blender skills are getting better and better. Got some useful assets now, they're kinda liw-poly and cartoony cause that's the best I can do right now but it works and looks cute.

The assets I have created make no sense within the original concept I had though. It was originally gonna be a sci-fi fps where you play as an alien and have weird alien weapons but I didn't quite have the skill to pull that off convincingly so you're just a normal guy now with modern, conventional firearms and also there's an alien model that I have no use for and all the enemies are slightly futuristic looking human goons. Maybe I could make it a HL2 kinda thing where aliens have invaded Earth and have taken over the planet including the human military, and you're a rebel who tries to stop the alien oppression? Or maybe a more interesting and original concept would be an Area 51/SCP kind of thing where you're in some kind of facility that does research on aliens or cryptids or whatever and then everything escapes and you gotta shoot a bunch of weird monsters. I feel like that one might work but it has a high risk of becoming too retarded very quickly.

I was thinking it might be fun to have a little pet project with my OCs but I also don't want to learn code
What do? Is Twine retard friendly? Though I do have some edition of RPGMaker sitting around.

No u

Attached: 1604089902773.jpg (1047x594, 41.11K)

>Learn any new skills?
no, i wanna die

i'm doing the ost for my friend's rpgmaker game
thoughts on this track? it's for a cafe
vocaroo.com/1etGHCmkbMcj

Oh yeah I forgot these threads aren't actually about gamedev, it's just a place for telling everyone that they shouldn't do gamedev.

Think about how many talentless hacks make it. You don't need to be a prodigy to be recognized, just be lucky and keep at it and create something you can be proud of

I like it but it seems rather fast paced for a café.

It's pretty good. I'm no expert on music though so I can't really tell you anything in-depth about what you can do better, but I like it.

Kinda depends on what's going on in that cafe though

it was originally for a cyber-metropolis but he decided to put it in a cafe

thank you and don't worry, i'm not really looking for feedback, just impressions.

Trying to learn how to code is hard, feels like I can't get my thoughts straight

Learning to program is way easier than learning to draw.

this. if you can learn to draw, you can fucking learn to program. trust me, drawing is infinitely more painful.

How do i learn to draw?
Is there somewhere I can go to try to copy simple art and work my way up?

Read the sticky in /ic/
Do not even bother to browse the rest of the board.

literally not true
obviously natural ability can help you get a good head start, but it's so much better to be somebody who may not have a ton of innate talent but can consistently grind and hone their abilities than it is to be some precocious kid with "potential" who never actually practices. I'm sure a lot of people here can relate

Attached: 1514690963153.jpg (416x292, 12.85K)

>How's the vidya development coming along?
Quite niggardly

Don't go to ic, oh god pls no.
Save yourself before it's too late

>/ic/ bad!!

Attached: 1595190182464.png (529x637, 374.34K)

>HL2 kinda thing where aliens have invaded Earth and have taken over the planet including the human military, and you're a rebel who tries to stop the alien oppression? Or maybe a more interesting and original concept would be an Area 51/SCP kind of thing where you're in some kind of facility that does research on aliens or cryptids or whatever and then everything escapes and you gotta shoot a bunch of weird monsters.
Gimme some feedback guys, which one of these is better?

Attached: 1644994549645.png (555x558, 587.33K)

/ic/ is bad yes.
wojaks aren't an argument.

>go to school for game programming
>have to take discrete math
this is bullshit.

>/ic/ is bad because um it just is okay sweetie

Attached: 2cb.png (792x691, 298.87K)

This user posting trojaks showcases quite well why /ic/ is just a void filled with toxic people/crabs.

>wojak tranny browses /ic/
how is this supposed to convince anyone?

>toxic
go back to whatever shithole you came from tranny

>muh TALLLLLEEEEEENNNNNNT
keep making excuses for never starting anything

Attached: 1626849159580.png (2032x949, 792.71K)

>how to make sure no one visits /ic/

>Already hit his ceiling
This is only further proof you need talent.

A convenient excuse for unmotivated people

youtube.com/watch?v=k0ufz75UvHs

>dream game plays like TLOU2, looks like SS2, reads like Disco Elysium
>cant even make RPGMaker joints right now
Bros its not possible to make this but I want to play it

Attached: W2IuurH1Wp2iipBZ_H8yQvtuv91AQzj1hRu7MXCqpD4.jpg (1920x2560, 877.14K)