Why is it so divisive?

Why is it so divisive?

Attached: alyx_postcredits.png (1299x1080, 2.22M)

Please fuck my daughter.

this confirms HL3, no?

forced diversity

it's not confirmed until there's a trailer on Valve's youtube

you'll get a barney VR spin off and you'll like it

Attached: 1585344804426.png (647x728, 793.84K)

I wont play it, will be microtransaction, DRM and cosmetic filled trash. Thats all valve knows how to do these days. Hard pass.
>BUT YOU CAN SELL THE SKINS AFTER YOURE DONE GAMBLING FOR THEM
dont care

Alyx was released in 2020 and there's no microtransaction, DRM and cosmetic filled trash.

>just buy this 900 IRL hat to play it bro!
you didnt fall for that did you?

The ending or the game? The ending is divisive because it lazily swaps out one cliffhanger for another. Gman has always been a tool for the developers to shift characters and set certain events into motion but nothing as fucking egregious as this ending. Plus it ruined Eli's character who was always shown as a tired, completely stoic old man, and in this he acts like a raging 50 year old. The game is divisive because it's VR only.

>Previous writers write themselves into a hole
>Retcon it with new team
Idk seems based to me

Gabe looks like that awesome neighbor who smokes weed with you and passionately describes in detail whatever passion project he’s working on.

Having the game end on a cliffhanger in the exact same spot as the previous games cliffhanger is fucking lame.

If only certain other games would get sequels that use time travel to fix previous shit writing.

Attached: mass effect 3.jpg (800x477, 26.62K)

you can play Alyx on 200 dollar headset, it's not an exclusive

its only a hole if you think Eli needs to live for some reason.

>bro just uses the steam marketplace to buy a cheaper IRL hat, that way you dont have to buy keys and gamble for it yourself, its a total steal bro trust me, take my money gaben!
yea sorry Im not into the whole cult thing

what are you talking about ?

you can play Alyx with a headset bought on Amazon

Hack writing for a series that almost 2 decades prior boasted an interesting story.
That was a plot point of half life 2

>bro just trade for the hat
im not buying your macrotransactions faggot

suddenly death in the half-life universe loses its weight if they can pull shit like this.

It wasn't a hole they just didn't want to do the sequel since Laidlaw released the plot.

you need to buy some meds, and maybe a real argument too

>write a poignant, serious, cliffhanger ending for your game
>never follow it up
>a decade later retcon it in a mediocre game for a gimmicky device
There was no "hole". Nothing happened to the setting that pigeonholled the story.