Sell me on this game. I hear about it but I don’t know the first thing about it

Sell me on this game. I hear about it but I don’t know the first thing about it.

Attached: 94DAD186-3C4A-45E2-AC21-EC5A7AFEE544.jpg (1125x1137, 396.8K)

Same. Except some character names and a couple songs

if you've never played an smt game this is a good intro to the mechanics of demon fusion and the battle system. It's easy to enjoy with the stylish animations and music and the story is passable at worst, but it peaks pretty early.

Attached: 1593483665490.gif (526x487, 995.98K)

It's a RPG where the social elements buff your characters when they go to dungeons. Main character can basically catch enemies and combine them to make stronger personas, which he can use in combat.

i enjoyed it. the mix of social / school life was fun, leveling up friendships and stuff. the dungeon crawling was decent, the combat was decent.

What is an SMT? Assume I play Naughty Dog games, Skyrim, and the like

Attached: Sakura.Futaba.(Persona.5).full.3507096.jpg (601x850, 301.24K)

If you're going to play it play Royal.

smt is shin megami tensei, if you don't know anything about it don't worry. It's a large franchise with a ton of spin off series (including persona). The main similarity between all of them is the demons and the general tone of the games

it's great if you like padding and mediocre writing.

Attached: w.gif (340x192, 1.03M)

Adults bad.

It's a boring, overly long piece of shit with a 20 hour on-rails tutorial you have to slog through before the game even starts to let you have fun.

Oh, do you also like the CLASSIC JRPG game design of dialogue boxes popping up every few steps and cutscenes playing every time you transition to a new area? Because you get a lot of that horse shit too.

Attached: D120ezDXcAA__E8.jpg (818x1024, 98.92K)

seems you dont have much of an attention span. kids these days are warped.

Well, there's a character named Igor in it, and I want to fuck him.

>Assume I play Naughty Dog games, Skyrim, and the like

Attached: 1510801063900.jpg (712x630, 58.07K)

Shin Megami Tensei.
Old school jrpgs with an insane difficulty curve.
You should emulate nocturne or play the pc port.
Strange journey and digital devil saga are also great.
Each one is set in it's own separate "universe" so you can pick any one of them and just play.

Attached: 1637343088042.jpg (650x800, 58.03K)

Igor's a big part of why I couldn't enjoy the game. I just couldn't take it seriously with such blatant, unabashed coombait on my screen.

>Oh, do you also like the CLASSIC JRPG game design of dialogue boxes popping up every few steps and cutscenes playing every time you transition to a new area? Because you get a lot of that horse shit too.

"there is to much RPG in an RPG." unreal

>Old school jrpgs with an insane difficulty curve.
SMT1 and 2 are pretty easy and the only insane thing about the difficulty in Nocturne is how much the difficulty declines as you progress. IV:A is consistently difficult though. I also found if... kind of tough towards the end but I think I was underlevelled.

I play RPGs to explore, fight monsters, and level up. I don't play them to read text boxes about a bunch of boring, trivial shit like characters discussing the weather or what they plan on eating for dinner.

RPGs are dog shit now because you're forced to play all these linear tutorials that do not fucking stop with cutscenes and text boxes. You're bombarded with them for hours on end and literally prevented from having fun unless you finish them. It's bad design, often coupled with bad writing, and Persona 5 is no different.

It's a hybrid JRPG/life sim. You split your time between making bonds with the people around you and managing your day-to-day life (literally, it's on a calendar system with two time slots per day) and diving into JRPG dungeons to fight the bad guys. The combat gameplay incorporates Persona fusion, where you acquire different Personas that give you different skills and then fuse them together to make stronger Personas with stronger skills. Additionally, making bonds in the "real world" gives you additional skills in the dungeons. The series is generally aimed toward teenagers and fujoshi, so it's pretty casual in difficulty and with a lot of cutscenes.

It's popular on Any Forums because it's casual enough for Any Forums to actually play it, and has enough waifus for people to get into retarded arguments about. If you play it, do not use any guides at all because it turns everything into a monotonous chore; half the appeal is figuring shit out for yourself and the casual difficulty allows for that so you don't have to feel forced into making the "optimal" decision every time.

>I don't play them to read text boxes about a bunch of boring, trivial shit like characters discussing the weather or what they plan on eating for dinner.

I see. so what you want is a sandbox, not an RPG.

You get to fuck Ann

Attached: 1624861276781.png (566x800, 297.67K)

Tendies hate it because it's not on shitch.
That's about it

Its good. It isn't groundbreaking or anything but its a fun RPG, I would say wait for a sale. The music is fun as shit, probably the best part, the interpersonal relationships are good too. I'm not a big coomer, but the girls are pretty if thats what you're into. Haven't play P5Royal, so I can't comment on that.

I'm not a huge weeb, so some of the "daily school life" stuff was a little boring for me.

Having to not play the game so the writers can vomit bullshit into your face for hours on end has nothing to do with playing a roleplaying game. What you're looking for is a visual novel, so read one of those instead of supporting bad gameplay decisions.

Forgive me if I want to be able to explore an area without walking into it, having a cutscene play of the route I need to take to the next area, a dialogue box popping up of a character telling me to be careful of all the shit they just showed me, and then having that same character pause battles and tell me how to press the fucking X button to attack every time I battle a monster. God forbid they just allow me to walk around, explore, and battle at my own pace and make me use my brain a little bit to figure stuff out.

>Having to not play the game so the writers can vomit bullshit into your face for hours on end has nothing to do with playing a roleplaying game.

So you do not want story in your roleplaying game, that is understandable. however get the genre right, they are called Sandboxes, not RPGs.

Morgana.

Attached: 3d7f54728b7916431f1b7e2b0e5049fa.jpg (1544x2056, 812.48K)

lonely, sad, coomer wanker incel lol

user. Please identify for the audience what the "G" in "RPG" stands for. Thanks.

it's about dating cute anime teenage girls

>user. Please identify for the audience what the "G" in "RPG" stands for. Thanks.

I'm sorry but are you prohibited from using your character? no?

What you want is a RPG without the RPG. thus, a sandbox.