How many virgins played this game and literally do not know what the Nightmare of Mensis means

How many virgins played this game and literally do not know what the Nightmare of Mensis means

Attached: E8AE8246-F99B-47DC-A786-7F539AD3367F.jpg (500x299, 56.47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/menses
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What does it mean?
I'm not a virgin.

Attached: 1644193108636.jpg (720x450, 36.64K)

I don't.
Didn't read a single word in this game. Just hit bad guy with hammersword.

Attached: 41234242341.jpg (1222x799, 28.71K)

What does the Nightmare of Moon Month mean then chief? Something about periods?

fun fact: mensis in latin means month

How many virgins played this game and literally do not know what location the Nightmare Frontier is?

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/menses

Literally only virgins play FromSoft games
You know it's true

Attached: 1582646814910.png (180x199, 48.77K)

I didn't know most of what anything meant, the game is way too cryptic in its storytelling. It fitted in Dark Souls but made less sense in BB.

I read about it but I still don't understand a thing, so a hunter in a dream is a having a nightmare? Or what?

Ok but its "MENSIS" in Bloodborne. I know you are an ESL but changing 1 letter can often be a completely different word in English

isn't the nightmare a reality created by the people at the college, namely micolash, in their attempt to commune with the great ones?

You made a thread just so you could prove yourself wrong?

PUSSY BLOOD

Bloodborne is less cryptic than DS games. You can at least pin together a sequence of events that lead to what's going on in the game.

It's literally just proto-latin, meaning "Moon, Month" i.e. moon phases as a measure of time.

Why are Soulstards so fucking stupid?
>dude, listen to my super deep lore video of why this guys armor is blue and not red

You jest but the blue/res armor distinction is actually important in DS3, as there was a civil war in Lothric with two sides.

>created
Created might not be accurate since Bloodborne seems to follow Lovecraft's view of dreams as them not being in our head but an actual separate realm we go to while sleeping. So might be more accurate that they opened a way to this particular part of the dreamlands. But yes they did it in an attempt to commune with great ones and become one.

Are you obtuse? It’s the same word, same root, and the game is about old ones trying to give surrogate birth using the transfusion of reproductive blood and the use of an umbilical cord on a subject who would become their child. Yharnam is a woman who lost her child who appears in a wedding dress with a bloody midsection, and the church blood is hers. The blood moon is activated and every single female NPC in the game undergoes extreme pregnancy and birthing pains, one of which gives birth to a monster child, and each can be killed for an umbilical cord, which you use on yourself to become a baby Old One. The boss of the Nightmare of Mensis is a Wetnurse, killing her ends the painful crying of an unseen baby, arguably aborting the birth.
And you people think you’re clever, like you’re sharp and quickly figured something out, because you think Mensis and Menses are completely unrelated, just so you can say this stuff means nothing, for no reason except you think it’s gross

means month or moon in Latin could be anything, like moon cycles for the beasts
Unless you are telling me its an allegory for women being beasts when PMSing

The game is about the transfusion of old one blood and the use of umbilical cords to become an infant old one. The blood comes from queen yharnam and other old ones who struggle and fail to reproduce, who attempt to make surrogate children via blood transfusion. All the females in the game go through either birthing pains or actual birth when the blood moon rises. You are obtuse and pointlessly averse to this idea because you think the female reproductive cycle is icky. You are a dumbass

I love Souls to death, but at this point, I think it's evident that the loretards are more enamoured by the method of cryptic storytelling than than the story itself.
If you reduced and condensed any of the Dark Souls games or Bloodborne to their absolute legible pithy core, the story would be over in about twenty minutes at best. Which is factoring in that none of the games have a very engaging character-driven plot. You're just a janitor sent in to sweep up the grisly bits of a decaying land, in every single one, with one or two variations.
As artistic expressions of certain narrative themes, the games often do a phenomenal job, but I roll my eyes whenever someone makes out like the games have compelling stories outside of quasi-asmr youtube videos.
Sekiro's probably the only game in the vague series that made be care about any of the characters because you were so involved with the story itself, and it was told fluidly. Rather than say, having to chase Solaire or Siegmeyer across the map for tiny character moments.

Menstruation as a word is derived from Latin Mensis for month/moon, because it vaguely matches moon cycles. This game is about birth, blood and umbilical cords, all the women in the game experience severe menstrual pains when the blood moon rises. The church was only able to reproduce church blood via it’s females. I legitimately suspect you have a mental block on this simple idea because you think it’s gross or unseemly, and it’s hurting your intelligence, for no reason. This is a horror game where the final secret boss crawls out of a dead corpse’s womb and attacks you with his placenta for fucks sake

It’s not cryptic. Ask ANY woman what Mensis means. It’s the Nightmare of Mensis, the boss is a Wetnurse, the place is covered in blood, everything in the game is about giving birth, it’s not cryptic at all.

Why didn't they call it nightmare of mentris
>GENDER : MASCULINE
OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 41234234234.jpg (368x249, 9.62K)

I'm not saying that's cryptic you retard.
Having to piece together a backstory from countless little sources, from messages left in nooks and crannies to implications at the bottom of item descriptions - just to give context to the player's otherwise senseless progression through a harrowed nightmare environment - is however, quite cryptic.

Nightmare of Blood? Mens = blood and all.

Do you think this is a gender war or something? Like I’m trying to feminize bloodborne for you or something? The game is about birth, afterbirth is a huge physical and thematic presence in the game, it’s about creating a surrogate child through the administration of transformative, life-rich blood and a connection through an umbilical cord. How do you reckon with the entire game’s focus on the blood, and surrogates, and woman as vessels, and a blood-related reproductive moon cycle for fucks sake? Do you just think that’s nothing?

Blood as connected to the monthly moon cycle, the level is a place of attempted conception and birth, it is involved in the menstrual. Simple as

just to give context to the player's otherwise senseless progression through a harrowed nightmare
Not that user but how the fuck can you think that when BB is easily the most straightforward Souls game. You start the game asking the wheelchair dude about Paleblood. You're reminded right after character creation with the written note, which specifies you need it to transcend the hunt. You once again ask Gilbert about it and he tells you to go to Cathedral Ward as that's Blood HQ. You then go to the dream and straight up Gherman tells you "just go out there and kill a few beasts, don't think about it too hard". Once at Cathedral Ward you get a vision of Byrgenwerth so with no other leads for Paleblood you go there. It's far more clear than Oscar's "this legend says to go ring some bells idk have fun".