Analogue triggers

Are analogue triggers good or bad? I personally hate them and makes things less precise.

Attached: ps4con.jpg (400x385, 62.8K)

they are dumb cause most games don't take advantage of them anyways. just like six axis. so dumb.

Hate them on ps4 but they're nice in racing games. Dunno why platformers like putting movement commands on em.

they are bad because it makes it impossible to play some gamecube games on my wiiu

Attached: FLsLf-aVQAE3rp0.jpg (2076x2989, 1.73M)

ITT: retards

Depends on the console.
Im glad ps4 offers the option to change controls so i can swap r1 with r2 and l1 woth l2 on some gamea.

And the touch surface. And the light that you can't turn off. And the stupid small share and options buttons. And the stupid small battery... I fucking hate that controller.

>THEY BAD BECAUSE NINTENDO $80 CONTROLLER DON'T HAVE THEM AND BING BING WAHOO DON'T USE THEM

Occasionally useful for racing games, terrible for everything else.

The best triggers were for the original PS1 pad. Then they made L2/R2 big for no fucking reason, and then they made them into retarded analog bullshit on the PS3.

They're pure fucking cancer. The only thing they're any good for is driving games and shooters, both being genres which you shouldn't be playing with a fucking controller in the first place. Every other genre they're nothing but a detraction. Worst fucking thing to happen to controllers as a peripheral.

Depends on the game or genre, someone /thread me

No because there's no genre that they're good for.

i think they are ok when they are good, pic related.

Attached: Wii-Classic-Controller-White.jpg (3640x2020, 1.81M)

They're necessary for racing games. For everything else, they're worse.

Fine on Xbox. Shit on PlayStation.

Racing games aside they wouldn't be as bad if developers stopped being retards and registering the tiniest touch as input.

Depends on how much travel and resistance they have. The GC controller is a major offender.

The only thing where they were useful for me was Forza Horizon.

DS4 ones are especially terrible ergonomics-wise, and hurt my fingers during long session. I miss OG Dualshock.

I've literally only used it for Mario Sunshine, for other games it just feels like it delays inputs
I like the touchpad though

These are only good for racing sims. Why did they base their controller design on such a niche genre?

It's actually because Sega, I believe. They had the analog triggers which were mostly secondary buttons. With the Xbox, which was basically just stolen/modified Sega designs it was kinda set in stone because of Project Gotham racing and Halo.

They're good for racing and flight games.

What does analog triggers even mean?

It's essentially an analog stick which is tied to only go into one direction.

Attached: 20220221_042230.jpg (400x384, 65.65K)

Triggers that have an input range instead of only being pressed or not pressed.

kek

I don't get it

LMAOTSETUNG