Back 4 blood

why did this flop? im watching a stream and it looks pretty cool.

Attached: 1645424508802.jpg (1200x1600, 258.54K)

fr fr dis be strait ass bussin no cap my favorite streamer's playing it shits lowlkey dope

Completely out of whack balance at launch, takes retarded amounts of teamwork to work and a single greedy retard can ruin everything so it's unplayable in higher difficulties with randoms, shitload of bugs including some egregious ones like bullets literally not coming out of your gun but your character still does the cycling animation
it's a good game at its core but some extremely questionable decisions and bugs killed it at launch, and at this point it's unsalvageable unless it goes F2P.

Because people realized Valve did most of the work in L4D and Turtle Rock are clowns. People should have realized this with Evolve.

The beta was straight up dogshit. While they did tweak the fuck out of it come release, I think that alone was enough to deter most players from getting into it. I wouldn't have touched that shit if it wasn't on game pass because of it.
Beyond that there's the online requirements, how it doesn't really have the character of L4D, the fact that you couldn't remove weapon attachments, pointless RPG elements, the terrible PVP, it wasn't awful but not great either and ended up being forgettable. It's about on par with WWZ Aftermath more or less.

Out of the team of 50 people only 4 or so are actually former left 4 dead developers. They literally just use the name and not even enough former developers to justify using it. Meaning even if valve didn't carry them it's no surprise those games are garbage

unsalvageable even if its on gamepass?

The high entry fee didn't help it either. And a 100 quid complete back was a massive rip-off.

Attached: hoff.jpg (437x437, 139.38K)

i did notice the lack of character aspect during the stream. neither the zombies nor the actual characters feel that interesting.

If you go into it with low expectations, you'll probably have fun with it. Just be sure to rope in some people you know because the NPC bots still don't compare in usefulness compared to L4D's.
Also do not by any means expect a proper 1:1 L4D clone, despite how they marketed it as one it is not. Especially with some bullshit instakill enemies like I think the Hag it was called

the additions to the Left 4 Dead formula were, if we're being generous, a mixed bag, and the things they lost, while largely little details like how the zombies moved, all added up to make it feel like a shambling animated corpse of the concept of L4D.

Attached: back 4 blood.jpg (1057x820, 129.56K)

>everyone gave Back4Buck a chance, but not Earthfall

Attached: this aint your hood bro.jpg (1920x1080, 410.48K)

first im hearing of it. is it good?

Completely dead to the point that people used to tell people in the steam forums that they are playing right now. At least that was months ago when I looked at it.
The game is quite alright, but lacks maps due to the studio getting closed down relatively fast after launch.
Nice ideas were, that some weapons were 3d printed for you, and portable barricades that could be used to close down doors, until they break, obviously. And the game had a nice theme.
But yes, completely dead game now.

Attached: 20200816011653_1.jpg (1920x1080, 571.55K)

The devs are so out of touch with what people actually want it's fucking comedic. They keep nerfing all the fun shit for no reason alongside bosses and shit being ammo sponges. Once you REALLY get into deck building stuff, you can actually do some fun things and builds, but it's not enough. The devs need to stop being goddamn retarded and listen to the people who ACTUALLY want to play their fucking game instead of just nerfing everything out of reality while making annoying enemies more annoying. Are special spawns still broken, by the way? I played on Game Pass just in time for them to fucking rape the spawn rates of specials so there was one every fifteen seconds, it was ridiculous.

It's left 4 dead, but shit. And considering left 4 dead still exists, there's not really a reason to play this.

ah, bummer about it being dead.

>the studio getting closed down relatively fast after launch
that reminds me, i read that the back for blood guys sold to tencent shortly after the games release. wonder what that means for b4b's future.

Every character will be turned asian, the blacks/latinos will mysteriously disappear, and a premium cash shop that only has bikini skins for Doc will be made.

Turtlerock has never made anything good without Valve.

The fact that they decided to bring back the Screamer concept that valve dropped because they thought it was unfun bullshit speaks volumes about the mindset of the new developers.

>every character will be turned Asian
You woke me up.

Attached: coomageddon.jpg (800x815, 79.3K)

>Watching stream
>Is it good?
Buy it you fucking zoomer and find out. Want the answer?
It was made by the devs from Evolve, not Left 4 dead.

Just bought WWZ:Aftermath. What am I in for?

Attached: cool kid.gif (600x338, 1.77M)