What is the cold, hard truth about Dark Souls' combat?

What is the cold, hard truth about Dark Souls' combat?

Attached: 2555200-dsclean.jpg (502x640, 155.63K)

Blocking is better than rolling

The truth that Souls """experts""" don't want you to know

It's easy.

It's extremely fucking easy when you can recognize patterns.
Castlevania is harder than Dark Souls

You're far more limited in options than you might think. There's some really niche picks that make for some funny YouTube videos but in reality there's only like 3 or 4 ways to play with the varying factor being what weapon you want to do the job with.

It's fun

bonking everything with an UGS feels great

Your average westoid doesn’t innately grasp action mechanics so it’s literally the most dumbed down version of those mechanics. Startup, launch, recovery.

DS just built an entire game around it, with good levels and variety. But it’s fanbase is in love with the combat instead

>roll poke roll poke
That's the god's honest truth. You can use a shield and block but it amounts to the same thing. Having said that, it's still exciting and thrilling.

DeS, DS1 and to a lesser extent DS2 combat suck. Way too slugish and slow. DS3 & Bloodborne are much better with fast combat and that's why Elden ring will also be fast.

It shows the pointlessness of shit like DMC

miura is dead and berserk will never be finished

It’s enough.

Nostalgiafags talk about how the viability of blocking has been ruined by buffs to dodging, but then call you a casual shitter for using shields.

Attached: 200.png (422x420, 89.03K)

invicibility rolls are a gimmick design that needs to end

It's made to be broken
fucking with the ai and seeing what you can get away with is great

It's pretty simple and straightforward. But even simple combat mechanics have a lot of things going on under the hood, a lot of numbers to tweak, and the careful fine-tuning of these aspects is where the appeal comes from. When you limit the player's agility and mobility compared to other action games, it requires careful adjusting to make the combat still feel satisfying and fun. It's like taking the best, most lovingly crafted newgrounds game you ever played and giving it an actual budget and art direction

Attached: Design Works0014.jpg (1255x1761, 1.17M)

Bloodborne combat is better

Too linear and too simple to avoid repetitiveness.

not a casual
you're just a faggot

That genuine retards think it’s bad because it doesn’t play like a DMC clone.

DS2 feeling pretty easy with my Tower Shield.

>DS2
I'm sorry.

Rapiers are the patricians choice

For playing the best game in the series? Yeah, does it kind of suck that I already experienced the best game this genre has to offer

>it's already spread
I'm so sorry, user.

it gud

Attached: VesPH8s.jpg (457x512, 35.6K)