New Vegas thread

How do you have fun? What are some entertaining builds? What weapons do you like the most?

Attached: 1628251037824.png (2000x1270, 3.07M)

go all in on INT & energy weapons
get elijah's upgraded whatever the fuck. lar i think it was?
and fuck everything up

>I have fun playing on the easiest difficulty

basically yes
though its what i went with the first time i played nv blind

Challenge yourself. Don’t be a casual

I tried to play with explosives only once: grenades, mines, grenade launcher etc.
I was never able to reach Novac, always crippled and out of explosive.

Last time I had NCR rangers spawning on me near Nipton because I killed a lot of their boys when we tried to take the NCR prison and they just got caught in all my explosions inside the main administration building

The fun is in the challenge though, I should try again later

Is it really that good? Wouldn't it still be bad against enemies in metal armor?

This game came out twelve years ago. Move on to Fallout 76.

Thanks for the bump.

>What weapons do you like the most?
Unarmed is cheap as fuck, try explosive.

Cheap in what way? Just caps, or reward vs. investment?

>How do you have fun?
Unarmed, Explosives, Survival, Logan's loophole, Hardcore. I rarely use vats unless I'm trying to snipe or get some fast punches in, otherwise, it just slows the combat down too much and not in a fun way like Turbo. Don't use stimpaks cuz that's easymode, even in hardcore due to them being plentiful. That's where survival comes in to make foods you never bothered to make and buff yourself with drugs.
I've always wanted to drop Explosives for energy weapons and use a recharger pistol/rifle but I'm shit at aiming with a controller. If you can aim. Do OWB just for the implants and one of the best fist weapons in the game (or don't, to better utilize survival skill) spec into and do whatever else you want

Attached: 1610410908431.jpg (1024x1342, 244.4K)

>Do OWB just for the implants and one of the best fist weapons in the game
Bro I fucking love the Heated Saturnite Fist. Definitely my favorite unarmed weapon, might be my favorite melee in general.

>If you can aim
meant to say, pick up guns or energy weapons since they can be pretty fun with Shotgunning or sniping. Or going full cowboy with a magnum. Or get a neato energy weapon and melt your enemies
And they're so plentiful and worth a great deal of caps when you get back to the Mojave.

Attached: 1539213716958.jpg (2560x1440, 3.15M)

9+1 luck, get everything for vats and crit chance/damage, learn to handload ammo, embrace the Lucky revolver.

>What are some entertaining builds? What weapons do you like the most?
it doesn't matter. with all the dlc the level cap is so high you can 100 all but like 2 skills and you get an assload of perks. use whatever gun you're in the mood for then switch it up for something else. its not exactly a limiting game unless you use logan's loophole, which is really fun.

install loverslabs prostitute mods and become a wasteland whore

>with all the dlc the level cap is so high you can 100 all but like 2 skills and you get an assload of perks
This is my only major complaint with the game, by the end of it you feel like a god. Which is fine, I can understand the appeal there, but I wish there was more you could do to avoid it without actively gimping yourself as hard as possible.

Have different playthroughs, swap between them when you feel like it.
Currently I'm doing
>Melee/Unarmed Cannibal Legionarie, no int, no cha
>Good Natured NCR Scientist, no points into anything offensive, hits about as hard as a wet tissue
>Long range Cowboy Courier for Mr. House

I might make an energy weapon schizo for independent vegas for my next character

Attached: 0bjqhvk34wk71.png (640x800, 638.54K)

the fanart for this game continues to be simply god tier

just use jsawyer

go mad bomber kill everyone with MFC cluster

Is there a mod that changes my gender

Both actually.

That's unnarmed

>wiped HD right when I was about to finish the game
>had so many mods installed that I don't feel like installing them again and continue to play
>don't want to start fresh
I guess I'll just bump threads about it then