Why is the Switch so weak?

Why is the Switch so weak?

Attached: switch1.webm (1186x665, 2.01M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kgLdAt9pMk8
eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-11-castlevania-director-iga-announces-bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night
arch.b4k.co/v/search/image/a5ttl1aCub3PB0xN9ujM4Q/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because Nintendo REFUSES to move up with technology for consoles.

Is that Blazing Chrome

Attached: Switch.webm (1170x657, 2.68M)

Switch hardware is shit but this is just typical third party developer laziness.

it is weak but those optimization problem

Blazing Chrome is made using Game Maker, it wouldn't surprise me if their Switch binary compiler isn't very well optimised.
Undertale was literally a huge part of why Game Maker got Switch support.

That said, I have doubts about OP's footage, is this current footage of the latest versions of the game on both systems? For all I know the Switch version might be an older build or was never updated, I don't know.

wut game, looks cool, reminds me of metal slug

Unreal Engine 4 is infamously terrible on Switch, the engine wasn't made for it.

Yes and in this case it's the developer being a lazy fuck.

if it happens with literally all third party games maybe it reflects a deeper issue with the hardware, dumbass.

Attached: wolf3.webm (1130x637, 2.99M)

Attached: switch6.webm (1185x665, 2.95M)

because there is no market benefit for doing so. Nintendo's niche is budget gaming geared toward not breaking parents' wallets. You think they don't know their hardware is out of date? No, they're a fortune 500 company, ofcourse they know. The fact is, Nintendo consistently makes smart business decisions with VERY few flops compared to other tech giants like microsoft or google that release a steamer every other project. The 20+ year old superfan is not the target here, never was, never will be

Poorfag here, I pirated the switch version because I had no other ways to play it. Jesus fuck, not even my standards are that low, shit is unplayable unless you have brain damage

Bloodstained Ritual of the Night runs on Unreal Engine 4, but has a lot of technical issues because they aimed really high with the graphical fidelity.

The Switch version has a ton of issues, with visual effects making the screen flash brightly due to drawing errors, or being prone to crashing or severe performance issues after doing a lot of shopping or crafting.

>runs on Unreal Engine 4
no? Where did you rewad this, the engine is in-house

The best ports on the system are Dying Light, Witcher 3 and most of the AC Rogue Collection. Everything else either has compromises with resolution or framerate and most have vaseline applied to them.

If you want a similar experience on PC, you can tweak the config file to crank down the internal resolution, cap it to 30 FPS, and turn all the graphical settings down to lowest settings.
And it'll still be more stable than the Switch version of RotN.

The Switch version is the best selling version of the game too.

Om 3d games of course, but for a shitty sprite based game to fail like that it must be incompetent devs

Even 2D sprite games these days operate in a 3D engine, despite their appearances.

The only reason to play a shitch game its because

a) its an exclusive and cannot be emulated properly.
b) you're a PClet
c) its a low graphix/indie game and it runs as good on shitch as on PC

Not even piracy can save this fucking console for me. I only keep mine because c)

Even the Darksiders ports had issues. 1 was mostly fine, only some frame drops but 2 has huge audio glitches, a endboss glitch and some terrible resolution scaling. I was really disappt that it looked worse than the 360 version when it goes to 540p in the large areas.

It literally happens in first party. You use stasis in dense places in BotW and switch drops into single digits

Do you like it or hate it? I can't tell because you use the same childish name twice

I don't like it and its my last alternative to play exclusives.

The issue of porting games to the Switch is devs need a lot of time or money to do it, and publishers often aren't willing to give either.

This is why Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 got fucking cloud versions that got promptly roasted by reviewers, even though they probably could've been ported to run natively.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-02-21 at 02-56-07 Kingdom Hearts HD I 5 + II 5 Remix Cloud Version.png (1726x1006, 196.74K)

>if it happens with literally all third party games
No it doesn't.
youtube.com/watch?v=kgLdAt9pMk8

eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-11-castlevania-director-iga-announces-bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night
>This Castlevania successor is being made in Unreal Engine 4 and its graphics will be in 2.5D "Games like Guilty Gear and Strider are proof that 2.5D can be handled in a way that honours a classic aesthetic while allowing for new possibilities," the developer stated. "That's what IGA hopes to achieve with this project."

Don't the 6th Gen Star Wars games have issues too?

Darksiders… there’s your problem chud.

There was a Witcher 3 update that increased the resolution which was just absolutely bizarre

You don't know how to use that name dear.

FACT: if the game doesn't run at 60 FPS, it's a full on cinematic movie game.

Because it's a portable console.
Why would you expect an ARM machine that needs to fit within a small tablet form factor to perform on par with a home console?

You haven't made these threads in almost 3 years.
arch.b4k.co/v/search/image/a5ttl1aCub3PB0xN9ujM4Q/

What made you want to do it all over again?

Holy shit

Probably the most concise way anyone could phrase this.

that long huh

anyway I just saw digital foundry's video on the new powerslave port and even it drops frames on switch.

Wasn't that was patched forever ago?

How can you be so bad at optimizing that you need a 2011 mid specs pc to run a snes game

I like how nintencultists are like
>100s of ports that run bad of the shitch?
>DEVS FAULT

^

>2.5D
>UE4
Why

Meanwhile
>Nintendo has a long running history of treating 3rd parties like shit, refusing to send out devkits or provide any fucking advice on how to code for their system
>But it's the devs fault

Downgrades in graphics are fine, but many of these games ALSO have problems regarding framerate, and that's unforgiveable.

So not only are the bullet casings removed but elements of the background too? I really can't believe that, jeez.

What’s so hard to code on a glorified Nvidia shield?

and people buy third parties for the switch

I don't fuckin know but seems like every single non Nintendo developer is running into a couple of hiccups