You know what makes this easter egg retarded? The fact that "demon ruins" is still the catacombs of Carthas...

You know what makes this easter egg retarded? The fact that "demon ruins" is still the catacombs of Carthas. It isn't Izailith ruins, it's very obviously just a deeper portion of the catacombs that's been intruded on by demons.
So what this means is that when the Carthasians were converting Izathilith's caves into a place to shove their dead they built around the petrified spider like a fucking Chinese construction company.

Attached: Pale Ladies corpse.png (1355x1021, 2.47M)

DaS3 was a fucking mess in general that only brought on more questions with 0 answers to anything in DaS

>With 0 answers to anything in DaS
Such as?

primordial beasts

>Das3 is soulless
Tell me more

The serpents? Why is this such a massive hang up for people? The bible doesn't give you an answer for the snake.

isn't the snake satan or some shit

Looking at early material makes it clear enough that things have been shuffled around so much during development that nothing really makes sense anymore. I cannot fathom why people waste so much time speculating over things that clearly never had an answer.

No, that's christian head canon conceptualized well after jesus.

Because someone put a lot of work into making fire roots grafted onto Carthas Assets so I have extreme doubt that this was a last minute toss away caused by an asset re-shuffle.

Catacombs was shifted in terms of location to be under farron after the Carthas surface was cut.

>Why is this such a massive hang up for people?
because the serpents looked cool, were pulling the strings in DKS1, and were found to be cut bosses in DKS3.
>The bible doesn't give you an answer for the snake.
It was just a regular snake, animals talking in the bible happens all the time. The Devil was never a thing in the old testament and got lifted from Zoroastrianism.

>And were found to be cut bosses in DaSIII
This is a myth perpetrated by an image cap of one post explaining known things seen in beta builds of the game and another post where an user pretends he has a relative who works for From and knows about a scrapped ending.

The primordial serpents were never going to be a boss fight in III. A winged serpent was originally going to be a part of the Twin Princes fight but these serpents from alpha Lothric look nothing like the Primordial Serpents at all. The connection was made because of Lothric's angelic Frampt statues, leading people to believe that the Primordial Serpents and the winged serpents were the same.

There was never going to be a Serpent Final boss, The original final boss as always Sulyvahn.

Can't you see the Catacombs from the first Demon Ruins bonfire in DaS? They're not far from each other at all.

Carthas Catacombs were built over the remains of Izailith. The kingdom was originally a desert kingdom and a scapped zone. From simply shoved it all under Farron which is future MLG, because of the whole world collapsing thing.

The whole "convergence" bullshit they pulled off in this game to justify the "closeness" with DS1 in its writing despite being set after DS2 makes so much of the lore impossible to logically make out

They unironically just ignored most shit in DaS II, like they wrote it off as a thing that happened in a far away land that really had no effect on the core of the series.

Not him, but with everything I have read and seen (cut content wise), I'm not going to lie that my imagination goes wild and makes me want to play that version of the game. I'm curious. I'd like to play a magical 100% completed "before shuffle" Dark Souls III.

It would be interesting, espescially with the weird eclipse shit that was retooled into the age of hollows.
I always interpreted Sulyvahns theme of Dark and Fire as being some kind of addiction to a period of eternal twilight.

That's the weird thing, they dismiss DS2 lore but also add an extremely contrived worldbuilding element (convergence of the land) solely to justify 2 being written the way it was compared to 1 and 3, extremely weird decision

all this time and i still don't understand why Anor Londo is where it currently is in Irithyll

Dark Souls 3 is just a cashgrab, yeah. It's entire existence is basically HEY, DO YOU LIKE DARK SOULS? LOOK AT ALL OF THIS DARK SOULS! LOOK AT THE REFERENCE, REMEMBER THE REFERENCE FROM THAT ONE THING FROM THE PREVIOUS GAME? IT'S JUST LIKE DARK SOULS OH MAH GAAAAAWD. It fucking sucks.

You mean to say the weird nonsensical map of II was "justified" by the way 3 has every kingdom sinking into the heap? I never got that impression they were doing that.

>lore in these games are vague on purpose so they don't have to answer anything
>autists argue about it constantly

What's the issue with it exactly? The world is sinking so it's no longer high above the other shit.
I think the Profaned Capital was supposed to be future New Londo.