Posters on this board call infamous a movie game

>posters on this board call infamous a movie game
what gives? this series was kino

Attached: 91BH4zpg-pL._SL1500_.jpg (1303x1500, 297.62K)

Everything Any Forums says about Sony can be ignored. I literally stop reading any post that contains the word "snoy" now and it's made my board experience 10x better

I was coming to the same conclusion, I can't think of anything that fits the description of a movie game aside from TLOU but even then its barely one. Have you played any of the infamous aside from the first two? are they good?

How come there aren’t more super hero video games? Not counting marvel games but like Prototype and Infamous games with Super powers?

Zoomer here, its because there is this weird sentiment from faggots where they only play multiplayer videos games. So that leaves out a lot of potential for stuff like this, one goober told me "I play games to have an experience with others" so im assuming its like that for most which is why comp games and MP shooters are being beaten to death on the market

Attached: Alexander_Mercer.png (1294x2584, 1022.14K)

That’s real sad because Infamous 1-3 were pretty fun games. Prototype was an amazing game for its time. I haven’t played Prototype 2 but there’s tons of potential to make fully driven single player games in this genre imo.

It worse than infamous 1 in my opinion, the story and atmosphere was just better and having ice and fire powers was a dumb idea when they could just give new powers related to his own

Attached: 9bba44ce428a1e9b87f573e696335d7d.jpg (635x302, 29.33K)

Prototype 2 was an ok game, its not as amazing as the first but you can only really blame that on the shitty tie in comic about alex mercer becoming evil rather than the obvious Any Forums complaint about the 2nd protagonist skin complexion. We may get another infamous fortunately though, suckerpunch has no reason not to now they are done with ghost of tsushima
>when they could just give new powers related to his own
how could they have done this? I kinda liked nyx and quo so I didn't mind but I am biased and replayed the 2nd game like a million times as a child but beat the first once

1 had gigakino aesthetics, pure capeludo, 2 went for a realistic art style and ruined everything. SS was a rushed tech demo

Maybe the games are good but I could never play as a cringy edgy Justin Timberlake, easy pass on this faggot.

1>2
2 is another "gets good at the end" game. Also Nyx was shit compared to quo whose arc made sense and was really good

>SS was a rushed tech demo
is it worth playing? it looks cool but ive avoided all past the 2nd game.
>pic related is justin timberlake
you blind?
they were both kinda stylized

Attached: 1800904-screen_shot_2011_06_03_at_12.24.09_pm.png (759x960, 901.33K)

I liked the powers it contained but SS didn't feel like it fit in with the others, especially if you consider 2's endings. Also plot just became generic X-Men

damn, well I guess I won't play it for its story and characters and just turn my brain off to pew pew some bad guys with smoke then

Attached: file (2).png (2048x2048, 1.89M)

>is it worth playing?
The powersets are fun but the story is meh, don't expect it to cohesively fit in with the rest of the series. Good to fuck around with the more abstract concept element powers though

also I fucking hate how they replaced the hitscan lightning from 1 to slow ass projectiles, what was the point of that?

>is it worth playing? it looks cool but ive avoided all past the 2nd game.
it's cheap as fuck now, not a bad game just very repetitive and clearly rushed for the PS4 launch window, just avoid all side missions because they are a waste of time, keep in mind it is completely devoid of soul though, they removed almost all capeshit stuff that made the others, especially 1 so fun (budget constraints) but still as an action game is fine

artificial difficulty

Gameplay wise, 2 was better, but that didn't matter when map design was inferior to 1. There wasn't as much vertical layouts as 1, no tall buildings, no above ground rail system. The 2 non-city sections sucked too as one area was an massive empty industrial area while the other was a flooded neighborhood, both of them devoid of life with no civilian NPC interactions. The RNG gang turf wars in 1 also added a lot to Empire City and made it seem alive, especially when you had multiple gangs and cops fighting in one section.
I didn't hate 2's story though. I thought it was quite good, 1's whole set up to the climax was fantastic along with the twist. It was going to be difficult for 2 to ever top that.
As for the movie complaints, this nee board is retarded. They just label anything coming from Sony as woke, movie whatever horse shit retroactively. They could do a 1:1 HD Remake or sequel to Omega Boost and this board will find some way to spin it as a bad game.

Attached: images-7.jpg (318x159, 11.8K)

SS was such a let down. I was so hyped for it but they stripped all the comic book inspiration from it. Having it be based in a real location also stunk because Seattle first of all, fucking sucks, and any landmarks were used as set pieces that you could only visit once and never again. They tried to force another Zeke and Cole moment with Delsin and his brother but it just didn't feel like a genuine build up to it. It's like they were planning to have another tear jerker moment just because the last game had it.
I will say that Delsin's chain whip and smoke powers are pretty cool, but it's wasted in this featureless game. The secret Zeke tapes also lead me to believe that the rise of supers wasn't a natural occurrence and that all the supers were artificially generated by the DARPA using Moya's work. Nope lol, they came back just cause and fuck what happened in 2. That was all meaningless.

Attached: Cole-And-Moya-Agreement.png (250x117, 64.93K)

why is everyone saying infamous was inspired by comics?

Attached: 1643876994479.png (432x446, 123.98K)

>posters on this board call infamous a movie game
I have never seen any user say anything like that about infamous
In fact it is the one franchise that you can talk about on Any Forums that seems to be unanimously liked and never turns into a shitposting frenzy, well until OP

Attached: 1617485245133.png (493x639, 394.08K)

have you never entered a thread about any sony property in the last 2-3 years. They all get called movie games regardless what they actually are unless they came out on the fucking ps2

Attached: 1610731579759.png (634x642, 373.7K)

God I miss this franchise

Attached: Infamous 2 Zeke.webm (600x400, 2.93M)

I have to agree but i enjoyed 2s gameplay over 1. Obviously SS poweres and visuals were the best.
ngl I would welcome an infamous 1 remake, it is so dated now and could really do with it but unfortunately people seemed to like that ubisoft tier actual movie game ghost of tsushima so I expect sucker punch won't be making another infamous for a long time, if ever again.
Though it would be a bit stupid for sony to abandon a semi successful IP

SOVL

Attached: 1591337149690.png (1462x1408, 2.29M)

I have been in many infamous threads and that shitposting never happens around infamous.
reread my last post

Attached: 1590934605127.jpg (742x745, 73.61K)

bro you're gonna make me cry lbp, infamous, jak and daxter were all my childhood. It feels like it was ages ago I was sitting in my room playing shark survivals with my little brother on lbp2

Attached: 1633247512021.jpg (640x600, 101.74K)

>no above ground rail system
it did user, it had the tram lines and in the east area old railroad lines

fug this bullshite

Attached: Infamous 2.webm (972x547, 2.48M)

maybe I am the only person on earth who liked to go to the sewers, remember people complaining back then, 2 had nothing like that or the giant tower

> I can't think of anything that fits the description of a movie game
Quantic Dream's games. But even then it's not something you can call criticism since that's exactly the type of experience they intend to offer and what the followers of their games expect

I don't remember the game being this ugly. Is this emulated or something

Choose
Jungle Fever
Yellow Fever

Attached: maxresdefault-5.jpg (1280x720, 81.93K)

To be honest I choose kuo because I have a huge boner for ice powers. Could give less of a frick to who it was attached to as long as I could throw ice balls at niggas. I wish they did more with these characters and setting, shouldn't have killed cole off only to undo his actions.

Prototype 2 was a bigger disappointment than spore

Don't ever play it.

It's always going to look worse when it's compressed into a sub 3mb webm format, but Infamous 1 + 2 never exactly looked amazing