Favorite platformer

Spyro 1
Rayman 3

Attached: spyroicecavern.webm (468x360, 1.39M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uCJvzdzUYI4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: spyrodarkhollow.webm (720x552, 2.54M)

>speedrunning
ywnbaw

Is rayman 3 the great escape one with the pirates? That was my fav.

It's the one after that improved everything.

Rayman 3 had a fucking great OST
youtube.com/watch?v=uCJvzdzUYI4

2 is called great escape

was 3 actually better? 2 still holds up just fine today, I cant remember if I;ve ever played 3

How the fuck is spyro so goddamned tight to play? Why do most platformers feel like wading through mud even these days, comparatively?

Sly 1

almost everything. the controls, movement, platforming. the brilliant score system that added endless replay-ability. the visual style looked like a natural HD progression from Rayman 2.

Attached: Rayman 3 artwork 17.jpg (640x480, 42.05K)

Incompetence

Going back to actually punching things was great, and gave you some new powerups too.

Attached: epj1ft7oq4c11.jpg (787x787, 101.05K)

nice. I've still never beaten rayman 2, going through it on a dreamcast emulator right now, but now I'm excited for going through 3 once I beat 2

though now that I google it, I see it has even more cross-platform games than 2
>Platform(s) GameCube, Game Boy Advance, Mobile phone, PlayStation 2, Xbox, Microsoft Windows, N-Gage, OS X, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360

gamecube is probably the easiest to emulate, playstation 3 or xbox 360 might be possible to emulate. but which one would be the ideal?

>spyro 1 is a simple platformer
>rayman 3 has a shitton of powerups, minigames etc.
these two are pretty opposite games, how can they be your favorites?

The criticism this game gets is unwarranted, its literally just a better version of anything that came before it.

Attached: Wrathofcortex.jpg (256x327, 27.15K)

oh, I guess I missed the obvious microsoft windows. does it work well with modern windows, with or without minor workarounds? is it lacking anything from the newer consoles on the list?

soul

try the ps2 version, the pc version might not work on windows 11 or whatever youre running

the tight controls and the genuine sense of magic I get playing through their worlds

I'm retarded and should have kept reading the wiki page. it says
>The GameCube version of the game features exclusive content compared to the other releases of the game, which include several minigames. Additional content could be unlocked by connecting the Game Boy Advance version of the game to it.

I think I'll go with that, since dolphin is easy as fuck to use, and more content should be better, assuming some of the mini-games arent difficulty spike bullshit. but it sounds like the PS3/Xbox 360 dont offer anything more than graphical improvements if that, which is generally what you want to look out for with cross-gen games