ITT shit game design

>victim of a case apparently writes something on a reciept
>try to look at reciept
>not allowed to look at reciept
>can't ask witnesses about the reciept
>take damage when you try to ask the detective about the reciept in court
>one of the first things you're told is that you're stuck using whatever evidence is in the court record
>rule gets broken immediately when the game punishes you for using one of the pieces of evidence that's correct and changes the evidence in the record
>game suddenly stops you from playing and leads you into an automatic failstate
>reload and try again because obviously that's what you do
>keeps happening
>oh looks like it's actually a fake failstate that somehow leads to progress
>game tells you to look at the reciept
>turns out the reciept is actually super important to the case lmao if only you could have seen that earlier but you needed a little ghost lady to tell you to examine evidence

how did this kusoge ever get popular? this is fucking embarrassing.

Attached: ace-attorney-trilogy-xbox[1].jpg (1200x1200, 165.87K)

Yeah there's no denying case 2 is the worst case in the first game, but I guess that's the best Takumi could come up wuth. Everything after that is much better, especially cases 4 and 5.

danganronpa doesn't have this problem

Yeah it’s fucking retarded at times. It’s been too long since I’ve played it to remember any specific examples, but it was always frustrating to have a glaring piece of evidence that you couldn’t bring up until the game decided you were allowed. Or when the evidence you need to submit makes zero fucking sense, I remember getting stuck on one where you needed to present a plate without a bone on it to prove that somebody had not eaten a steak.

I'm not a huge fan of danganronpa but playing this series has made me appreciate it a lot more. It never cheats with its mysteries.

One of the few flaws with ace attorney is that you sometimes have to present evidence in a specific order. This is most noticeable in 2-4

I spent years seeing nothing but praise for this game, imagine my disappointment and anger when I finally got to play it and felt frustrated for all the wrong reasons.

1-2 was compleyely ruined and fucked by the last part of the case.

but cases 4 and 5 are fucking fantastic and that's what matters like in all ace attorney games
there's usually a couple of shitty cases and then the final one redeems the entire game

>1-2 was completely ruined and fucked by the last part of the case
What about Blanco Nino being a disappointing villain? He's hyped up to be an untouchable guy yet he's a pushover who gets incredibly nervous after his 2nd testimony.

You forgot:
>every single witness called is a compulsive liar/amnesiac that has no respect for the court and constantly needs to be reminded to TELL THE FUCKING TRUTH.

Attached: 1641096905099.jpg (1088x1200, 213.72K)

isn't that the last part of the case ? it's the second trial day after the second investigation (if you consider the case start a first investigation)

>frontload a dozen hours of cutscenes
>fast travel points 15 seconds away from each other
>dozens of separate yet identical healing items
>class system unlocks in midgame
>bulk of stat gain tied to class rank rather than character level (!)
>lock party mage out of non-default magic classes until endgame
>but characters locked out of specific classes arbitrarily so your fighters can access those magic classes earlier while your mage can access fighter classes earlier
>basic skills outdamage endgame skills
>throw millions at player early-midgame to craft op weapons for a few thousand
>party and enemies randomly meander around in combat with no manual movement options
>lock hard modes to ng+

Attached: 927345.png (1638x924, 2.45M)

I don't mind the identical healing items since it's meant to be more grounded and there'd be a lot of things to eat and making it just potion tiers would be a little restrictive, but otherwise I agree with this. The lack of moving yourself in combat is bizarre when the stick does nothing on the main menu and you could use the stick to move until you get to a submenu.

Also Mage leaves the party for some time so the game can be much harder for a while and encounters pop up way too often. Dungeons are also really boring since they're designed like Beat 'em Up dungeons but they forgot they were making an RPG.

Personally I think it works WITHIN THE FIRST GAME (no excuse for the rest of the entries) because 1-2 is Phoenix' second case ever which means he's a massive rookie, is super emotionally invested in the case, is thrown against a literal prodigy, etc. Phoenix not doing the super obvious thing of examining the evidence in detail because he was never taught so (Mia literally has to tell him to do so) is so in character for this point in the game.
I perfectly understand the frustration though, there's a lot of disconnect between player and PC in the AA series.

Danganronpa's entire fanbase makes sure I'll never touch it.

>

Attached: 8 sides.png (960x612, 382.38K)

Never understood this shit argument. I can understand not saying you enjoy something to avoid being associated with it, but how does it make the game itself worse or better?

fair point about grounded healing items, but the result is just a cluttered inventory of interchangeable not-potions
the movement is weird because attacks of opportunity are present so there was at least some consideration given to positioning. i wish they'd just done a grid and incorporated movement rates based off stat and/or class
disagree with game getting harder when nanba leaves because you're already op by then without heavy self-imposed restrictions. frankly the only way i've been able to challenge myself with the game is by doing speedruns
can't believe i forgot about the dungeons. i don't mind the grounded take of running through sewers but they could've had ichiban imagine them as much more than that. maps were very boring with no surprises

>this is fucking embarrassing.
No user, you're fucking embarrassing for getting filtered by a visual novel.

the sewers also lasted fucking forever