Piracy today is unbelievably safe

piracy today is unbelievably safe
>pirates have little-to-no incentive to put viruses in files
>said viruses are easily detectable by your goddamn operating system if they ever appear
>pirates effectively police each other with a 0 tolerance strategy for endangering users
>there are countless methods to verify file and site legitimacy before you have to download a single byte of data
>on top of it all there is a vibrant community guiding you all the way through
whats your excuse at this point?
are you genuinely simping for megacorps?

Attached: download.jpg (738x504, 53.19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

haveibeenpwned.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>>pirates have little-to-no incentive to put viruses in files
ah yes, bizzaro world where crypto currency never came to be.

Ironically enough today my ISP shut off my internet and threatened to cancel it because of me torrenting. I've gotten letters like this twice before many years ago but they never did anything.
Should I still be worried they might do something? Or should I just pay for a VPN

subhuman first worlders just don't know how to pirate. They'd rather pay 60eur for a game that they supposedly hate than to google for 2 seconds

>whats your excuse at this point?
There is none, I've been torrenting since I was 10 and I'm not planning on stopping

not even in my LimeWire days have i ever encountered anything funky, but then as now, i maintain the same degree of caution when ripping shit online.

i cant afford to pay for a vpn right now :(

>i cant afford to pay for a vpn right now :(
>having to use a vpn to torrent
Do first worlders really

elaborate

What you say it true but you are not counting on retard's stupidity. It's safe to download pirate games from official sites but there are so many sites that look exactly like the original just confuse people and make them download from their site, which may or may not have ramsomware instead of the game. I have stumble on several of these sites so I wouldn't be surprised that most people who believe that pirate games have virus are from the pool of said retards that downloaded and opened a solitary 20mb .exe file that was named "final fantasy xviii full online".

Attached: thinking-man-pirate-eye-patch-old-hat-funny-faces-expressive-71983739.jpg (800x533, 42.45K)

>pirates have little-to-no incentive to put viruses in files
based retard. There is literally more incentive today than at any point in history. Before they just did it for the memes or to maybe scam an old lady for a few hundred dollars. Now in 2022 they can make your computer farm crypto

idk, laziness?
I go to the store, buy a paysafecard for like 20 bucks, redeem it on steam and gog, then buy cheap old games on sale like three or four times a year
If I wanted to play modern games I'd probably pirate them

Attached: avgn.jpg (640x481, 30.53K)

It seems weird to me that people in the first world have to use vpns to torrent, here no one gives a shit about it, no letters or nothing

i got a warning from my ISP after a torrent spree so I stopped doing it so much

but what if I want to play online?

Attached: 1642320547525.png (510x680, 610.36K)

>imagine living on a corporate controlled nation
I guess you don't have to imagine it

There's zero surveillance for this kind of thing in my country. Literally no threats, I've been torrebting for a decade with no VPN in multiple states, not a goddamn word from anyone

Third world chad here, I pity you first worlders. Literally no one gives a shit here. I torrent as much as I want.

>wanting to get shouted at by 8 year olds
Not gonna make it

>>pirates have little-to-no incentive to put viruses in files
source needed

my intel hd 610 must be mining a lot of cryptos then.

>Ironically enough today my ISP shut off my internet and threatened to cancel it because of me torrenting. I've gotten letters like this twice before many years ago but they never did anything.
>Should I still be worried they might do something? Or should I just pay for a VPN
Get a VPN or uses Tor browser.

I guess we don't get that shit because the government wants to keep us at least a bit more quiet about the shit wages
It kinda works out, shit wages, but you can torrent as much as you want

>paying for a VPN

Attached: laugh-harder-oh.gif (400x266, 979.06K)

I simply believe that labor deserves compensation. Even if the publisher takes the lion's share of profits, something still goes to the people who provided me with entertainment, and knowing that is incentive enough for me to pay for entertainment. Believe me, if there was a way to pay for games so that 100% of the money would go straight to the devs, I'd use that method instead.

if you can't detect a miner on your system then you're already too hopeless to figure out how to pirate and should stick to buying games like a cuck.

Same thing happened to me. So now I use direct download. Haven’t had a problem since.

Its the price of freedom, you commie!

fpbp
if anything pirates have more incentive than ever to do it

Something about places like the USA taking pirating and torrenting and stuff dead seriously sometimes, it’s like a coin flip on whether you pass under the radar and be ignored for pirating Vidya and whether you’re spotted and get threatened with legal action
I don’t know much however so this the brainlet condensed version as I understood

>pirate old shit no one cares about
>never get letters or anything like that

feels good man

Attached: 1604333739101.png (647x438, 391.3K)

Whats the point to it? It will even get picked up by windows defender nowadays, so they basically just get kicked out of the scene without gaining anything

>my hardware is shit so there is no incentive for them to mine anyway
>just trust me and pirate stuff c-cuck
no way fag

pirate the game and send 60 dollars to the devs trought mail

>piracy today is unbelievably safe
Not for long

Attached: IMG_20220219_113617.jpg (698x872, 128.84K)

8 years old dont play games that cost money

Cloud saves and easy updates are worth a few burgers

They do, their parents buy them

Well good that I don't live in muttland I guess

This has happened to me a few times. I just shell out the money for VPN now. It's worth the money. I'm not worried about my privacy but I don't like having to call my ISP or switch ISPs. It is just work that I do not feel like doing.

>letting your vpn use you as the product

Unsolicited money would most likely raise some red flags, and I can't just include a letter saying I pirated their game.

Enjoy your miner loser

>whats your excuse at this point?
pirate trannies gatekeeping the content through paywalls. Fucking tinfoil shops got shut down! all of them!

I told one of the devs i had no money and if he can take a picture of my dick. Went to google, got a simple one and send it. Troon got me in the shop again. What a fucking joke

Attached: 1643067469873.jpg (735x642, 51.31K)

>piracy today is unbelievably safe
One of my friends got hacked and had to reset every password he had and a bunch of other shit last year. Never gonna pirate.

>He doesn't disk wipe and flash bios weekly.

Attached: 1644836226238.png (306x269, 2.69K)

what

Free 2 Play games, user

>implying paid VPNs won't do the same

Attached: 1563026400396.jpg (338x305, 34.32K)

crypto minersare risky, inefficient and easy to detect. its a consequence of their design
on top of it all they bring in really insignificant profit compared to the effort in "setting them up"
adding malware yo your system is genuinely a better financial strategy, and its also shit, only pajeets even bother to do it anymore
your ISP wont do shit, just buy a VPN and youre good
some companies are legally obligated to threaten you but nobody is going to double shift as the internet police on behalf of some other corp for 0 profit, it just doesnt happen
sending an email is easy, effective, and can be automated
thats very wise of you
you should always be aware of the risks

fortnite and amongus are free
the one that grow up playing minecraft and COD4 are now in their early 20's

>I told one of the devs i had no money and if he can take a picture of my dick. Went to google, got a simple one and send it. Troon got me in the shop again.

Attached: 1638726619590.gif (374x288, 2.93M)

????? Meds?????

Attached: 1635644024703.png (922x1052, 786.17K)

You don't even run into 8 year olds on mic in Call of Duty anymore, barely anyone uses a mic and if they do it's in discord.

>had a password leak from virus
Your friend must be incredibly stupid

Have torrented since I was a little kid and have never gotten a letter or any warning. No VPN either.

>pirate game without VPN
>ISP emails me about it threatening to cut off my service
>mfw this is the 8th email I've gotten about pirating stuff

Attached: 1628547631353.jpg (640x480, 165.31K)

That's the part that agitates me. I know they have unprotected sex with the corps and glowfags. I have to pay for both my ISP and VPN to keep net access and stop the letters. It's fucking stupid.

Might not have even need a virus, websites get hacked all the time and most people use the same/similar password for multiple accounts so it's easy to brute force. Epic got hacked a while age it was probably that, you can even check. haveibeenpwned.com

viruses are still a thing you fucking moron

>get passive-aggressive letter about torrenting
>call up ISP threatening to cancel my package
>panicked customer support member begs me to stay

every time.

Yeah, know about those, my old password leaked from some site but even chrome warns you about it these days if you have passwords saved
But with two factor nowadays its not that much of a problem, unless you use shitty SMS of course

>live in third world
>people literally have giant stands full of pirated dvds in plain view
>internet companies don't care since they'd have to cut off literally everyone if they started cracking down on pirating
Lmao, it's not even a question

At the end of the day, they only want your money. Communications companies are very very greedy.

>pirate game without VPN
>ISP emails me about it threatening to cut off my service
>threaten ISP by telling them that you will change providers if they keep spamming emails

Attached: 743.png (1649x2048, 1.82M)

There's nothing worth pirating anymore. All games are pngs-as-a-service or have aggressive experience systems to simulate progression for the year the game is new, until the next game comes out a year later and everyone starts over again. The seventh generation was so bad about "singleplayer game is the side dish to the multiplayer game entree" that we've snowballed into puddle-shallow singleplayer games that are 10 hours long ON A GOOD DAY just to make way for all the multiplayer systems and monitization. The games and companies that specialize in them that used to put out singleplayer games of substance have been routinely fucking up in ways so new and exciting that you can hardly expect a game to be playable without AT LEAST a year or two of post-launch patches, and that's if the company gives enough of a shit to continue pumping them out. (e.g. Cyberpunk)
Even if all that weren't true, piracy still manages to be less convenient 95% of the time than buying from Steam and letting Proton take the wheel.
I play emulated shit from handhelds and fifth gen and earlier consoles, and sometimes Oldschool Runescape. What the fuck is even worth pirating anymore?

Attached: 1595390568398.png (1280x1011, 368.14K)