It was shit

it was shit
what went wrong?
>"y-you had to be there, zoomie"
there were better looking and playing racing games on significantly weaker hardware

Attached: mariokart642 (1).jpg (1576x1059, 211.9K)

Its amazing, dilate troon

Imagine playing this sack of shit when you could be playing CTR.

I fucking loved playing it back then and now I think it's probably the worst MK besides DD.

it took 3 years for ctr to rip it off though

I think it has a pretty great course selection (Probably my 2nd favorite, behind MK8), and I don't really mind the graphics (It's an N64 game after all), but it controls terribly, and that's probably the most important thing in a racing game.

I think nostalgia is generally the biggest factor for those who like it the most out of the series, but I'd say it's a valid reason. There are a lot of average/mediocre games that I personally love solely due to nostalgia.

Still the best kart racing game of all time.

>yoshi has the highest acceleration and top speed. 2nd best handling.
>mario and luigi both accelerate slower AND have a lower top speed than the rest of the cast
what the fuck nintendo?

Don't know about weaker hardware but I had 3 racing games for the 64, sm64, top gear rally 2 and re volt, they were all good but top gear rally 2 is what I kept going back to
I also played SNES Mario kart a few times and it was absolutely not better than 64

Also around the same time I played motorcross madness 2 for PC which I think had races, but I spent almost all my time in the game in free roam

I remember mk64 as the game where I could let my friends lap me and then beat them anyways

There was no good Mario Kart until MKDS.

t. played all of them as they came out

HE'S THE ONE FOR ME, THERE'S NO PLACE ID RATHER BE

Attached: R4.png (600x900, 149.34K)

>millenitroon telling others to dilate
No amount of meds will make your projections become reality.

Attached: 1644143849979.jpg (958x936, 234.89K)

>he didn't play this

Attached: cmgn42v9k3z61.png (1992x1486, 2.83M)

No. It was shit even back then. So shit me and my brothers went back to super Mario kart after playing it a few times

>shitty PSX version instead of the godly PC port.

Only the battle mode in this is good
CTR and Diddy Kong Racing fucking blow MK64 out of the water

I did this too.

Wasn't as good as Mario, Diddy Kong, or Crash Bandicoot, but it was soulful

Attached: Chocobo_Racing_Screen_Shot_21.jpg (400x300, 42.78K)

i really dont like mario kart 64