Playing through DMC5 as Vergil

>Playing through DMC5 as Vergil
>OP as fuck and just blasting through most level
>Finally get to Dante
>By far the absolute hardest boss in the entire game
>Absolutely pushing my shit in

How the fuck do I beat him?

Attached: 1584619464608.jpg (1242x2688, 1.6M)

Dante always beats Vergil

you think you could beat him? not in a million years.

Who taught you to count? We're even.

Canonically speaking Dante has definitely won more times than Vergil.

Distract him with some pizza.

Attached: 1427127890132.gif (640x360, 1.33M)

Don't try to attack him mid his strings unless you're 100% sure you'll parry

use doppelganger and faceroll the controller and watch his hp melt

Get good. That's pretty much it.
Dante will armor through your attacks while performing his own, so if you just slap down your moves without any thought or strategy, he'll waste you really easily. You have to learn his moves, look for an opening, and learn how to extend and cancel moves into long combo strings to maximize your damage. Beyond that, it's just a matter of practice.

Connect at least one trick dodge so you can chain spam the rest
Rapid Slash and ME Stinger parry Cavaliere's charge

Also Beowulf's jump is pretty good when he starts using Balrog's Killer Bee
When he starts flying up in SDT do Heavy Rain Swords and JC end to knock him out of it
Avoid Judgement however you can

really wish boss dante could royal release if i'm close to him, obviously with the slow down so it can be avoided, and put the faust on vergil to steal my orbs
fun fact: there's a cut line from the base game when you kill doppelganger
>"That should do more than enough for your little puppet!"
would be really cool if dante and nero (if he was a boss) could be the only enemy that can kill doppel

You have to actually learn Vergil. Dante is the skill check. You can't steam roll Dante even with Vergil like you do everything else.

>wait for an attack string to end
>punish like everything else
Fighting Dante doesn't check shit.

Attached: Balan Wonderworld.webm (640x360, 2.66M)

lol DMC5 Dante is only slightly harder than DMC3 Vergil. Try fighting Dante 2 in DMC4

The on screen fights definitely but they've been at this way longer than what we've seen in the games

DMC4 Dante is input reading cancer

This. He has super armor during his combo’s so even if you attack from a direction he isn’t facing he will fuck you up. Also get better at letting go of r1 so you can dodge in any direction. Virgil’s unlocked-on circle dodge gives some I-frames and if you dodge at the last minute you will gain a considerable amount of DT.

Finally when he goes royal Guard just stop attacking him. He will fuck you up if you do. If he uses royal revenge on you it is possible to dodge with the unlocked-on dodge but the timing is super tight and not really worth the risk.

I dodge Royal Revenge easy by just jumping.

Am I the only one who dislikes DMC V Dante and his new hobo look?

let's be real, you never have to stop attacking as vergil except against dante and MAYBE fury.

you can be aggressive non-stop and just use your moves displacement to avoid attacks, or just cancel any attack into the b-f dodge.

or just midair judgement cut, by far the most powerful ranged option in the entire series

Dante 2 in 4 is bullshit. I honestly felt bad when I had to cheese him on DMD with level 3 charge shots and DT busters. I honestly couldn’t find any other way to safely damage him.

Doesn't he lose 3 times in DMC3 alone?

It's his best look along with DMC1 imo. Worst is 4.

Only once.

First fight: Vergil won
Second: Draw
Third: Dante won

Yes, you are. He's getting older and his lifestyle will obviously take a toll on his looks, and even behind his disheveled looks, he's still incredibly handsome. Not as handsome as Vergil but still handsome. I like that they made Dante and Vergil look similar enough but different enough to show they have completely different lifepaths, plus i'm sure eating the fruit and Vergil restoring his humanity changed his looks somehow.

In Canon the 3 Virgil fights end with
>Virgil Wins
>Draw/ruined by Jester
>Dante Wins

I generally dislike how old Dante behaves more like young Dante than his DMC1 self, I think the DMC anime did a way better job of portraying Dante than DMC4 or 5
Doesn't he also lose in the opening cutscene? that's a fight even if the player doesn't play it himself

Random hot take, fightable Dante on harder difficulties SHOULD input read you to properly represent a player who has seen the bosses (you) attack pattern a thousand times.

I just saw that DMC lore video and learned how close Dante was to the woman who made his guns, he saw her like a mother figure.
Having learned that his reaction sure is pretty damn tame for finding out Nico is her granddaughter. A sentimental moment would have been nice there. Would have been the perfect full circle if he started to see her as his goddaughter or just responsibility.

Opening cutscene is the same thing as first fight

>I think the DMC anime did a way better job of portraying Dante than DMC4 or 5
What the fuck is wrong with you?