I'm going to play this game for the first time in preparation of Elden Ring...

I'm going to play this game for the first time in preparation of Elden Ring. I played Dark Souls Remastered a few years back and fell in love with the Black Knight Greatsword. Is it a viable PvE weapon still?

Attached: capsule_616x353 (2).jpg (616x353, 81.74K)

yea just killed DLC final boss with it last night

Nice! Are you running a 40/40 Dex and Str build? Also how hard is it to get the sword to drop

Attached: 1637089887278.gif (500x386, 96.32K)

Bump

Attached: 1626290643251.jpg (1651x1227, 299.44K)

It's not hard, can be farmed easily with coins

It's way faster

do not jump into crowds of enemies
think 60fps bloodborne

Large strength weapons are the best thing you can use in DS3

I thought big ass weapons like that were pretty bad in ds3, with the removal of poise i feel like i had no room to do damage

>Is it a viable PvE
yes. unless it's a whip or something it's viable pve.

Some people go 66 STR as opposed to a quality build but the difference is negligible. I would just go 40/40 since it allows you to use a wider variety of weapons. Maybe you wont like the BKGS anymore. Its a bit different from DS1

Its crazy to me that FromSoft has spent all that time on whip design, animation and lore and they still suck so bad that literally nobody uses them. I tried using a whip in my last playthrough and rage quit once I reached the Pontiff

It warms my heart when people recognize the superiority of Black Knight weapons. I really hope there is something in ER with the same moveset.

Attached: 1625415149141.jpg (610x610, 73.23K)

You definitely get punished a lot more since you cant rely on poise to tank hits, but STR weapons are still devastating.

idk what you're talking about vordt's hammer is fucking great. suck in pvp meta i guess but who cares about that autism.

i remember getting stomped at pontiff due to the attacks being so goddamn slow and the big amount of enemies that are just way too fast attacking

No idea why anyone would want to marathon Souls games 6 days before Elden Ring releases. You idiots are gonna burn out and then bitch when you finally play ER and get bored.

It's a very good sword. Dark Souls 3 meta is in kind of its own place, where if you look at pure damage / range numbers people always speak of the same 2 weapons and 2 spells and 2 shields as if everything else was a bad choice. That's not how it works at all. BKGS looks great, has a great moveset, good range, hits hard, if you lose or die it's not going to be because of the weapon and because some other one would be better. Especally for a quality build, it's a top grade pick.

For farming anything, you basically want coins, to trade the soul of the Crystal Sage for his rapier, and the Symbol of Avarice, which I usually grind from the Mimic in the Cathedral of the Deep. You can find out what all this is and how to get it by just googling it.

Unlike said, quality is a great go-to build because you can basically use everything effectively. So if you want to swap later, just find a refined gem and do it. Pure Str is effectively stuck with hammers, a few UGS:s, axes and shields.

Perhaps you should play the game then. The poise is still there in the form of hyperarmor, and UGS weapons use it just as effectively as they ever did. The only difference is you need to actually start swinging your sword for it to activate, which is a lot better system than what we had before. Even then, almost every UGS has a weapon skill that will outright destroy whatever is in front of you, ignoring their hits against you.

What the FUCK did u just call me

>Perhaps you should play the game then.
i played it
multiple times

Attached: Untitled.png (207x303, 127.77K)

Oh yeah? Name every barefoot character.

Attached: 1609710776652.jpg (720x720, 187.79K)

dunno lol never cared for the characters story or lore

OP here, im doing it because i plan to play co-op with some friends and they are all Soulsborne experts. I want to go into ER with good muscle memory. Also I heard DS3 has the hardest boss

>i played it
>multiple times
->
>I thought big ass weapons like that were pretty bad in ds3, with the removal of poise i feel like i had no room to do damage

So you just lie then? Ok.

Thanks for the write-up user. I was also thinking about running Ledo's hammer but considering how long it takes to get that weapon I figured I would go with a weapon I already know I enjoy

Yes, you get BKGS very early compared to Ledo's which is literally an endgame item. And Ledo's hammer weighs a ton (28 vs. BKGS 16), so you'll be compromising from your armor. BKGS is a solid choice. Also Stomp, its weapon skill, is a great skill. Precisely the kind of tankiness I talked about earlier. It makes you take roughly 50% less dmg, and ups your poise to insane numbers, so it's a good go-to skill when you want to make sure nothing interrupts you and the things in front of you die.

so im not allowed to think something? i played the game, tried heavy weapons, i didnt like them that much because i felt that i wasnt doing enough damage fast enough compared to faster weapons
holy shit take your meds