What are the chances that Sony says fuck it and releases a new PSP/VITA?

What are the chances that Sony says fuck it and releases a new PSP/VITA?

Attached: ps_vita__uncharted_golden_abys_1604162400_d9ab7315.jpg (960x720, 159.16K)

0. Sony completely gave up on handhelds. They would have teased one years ago or we would have had rumors circling around if there any plans at all.
It's such a shame since they look to be moving away from platform exclusives and are now getting ready to go multiplat either through timed exclusive like for FF7 Remake or whatever happened to God of War.

There competition is the Switch and Steam Deck. If the PSP/VITA get a new release, it will need to kick ass. I don't see that happening.

>Their

they just up a dropped support for Vita so it's anyones guess

What are the chances they make the PS5 backwards compatible with the Vita?

I don't think it's 0 in the future.

They have a history of chasing trends and the switch has a massive influence and will keep that influence for the foreseeable future.

I think Sony needs to take the Nintendo approach going forward, Xbox is dead and gave up any kind of competition they had so they're only competing with PC which is a losing battle, stop trying to compete with PCs, make affordable consoles they can pump out and focus on competing directly with Nintendo and the types of games they make and audiences they have.

A 'switch' of their own would be a good means of doing that.

very low

Plausible considering Steam deck is thing. Technically they can produce PS5P which just scales down existing playstation library to 720p handheld.

Almost 0 which is a shame because despite NO GAMES the vita was and is a sick device. It is weird in general how Sony let so many IP's either do nothing or leave them. Not saying I would prefer that I ofc would prefer to be able to play whatever on whatever but just seems weird from their perspective.

Do you want another Vita-tier support, my dude? Sony is all about cinematic games that need 4~5 years of development and many million of copies sold to be profitable. Vita's 2 niches were the possibility of playing indies on the go (they're doing better than ever on the Switch) and playing ecchi shovelware that now gets censored on PS4 / PS5.

Unlike Nintendo, Sony doesn't have any franchise that can look like this in the 2020s and sell 10 million units at fullprice.

Attached: EvLVqM8WYAEBpPZ.jpg (1760x1378, 195.18K)

There's a higher chance of Sega releasing a successor to the Game Gear than sony releasing another handheld.

Steam Deck makes it even less plausible, now you would have to compete against Nintendo / Switch, mobile and a handheld Steam plataform with PlayStation games.

Even Shuhei Yoshida has been shilling the Deck on Twitter.

>Sony let so many IP's either do nothing or leave them.
not profitable enough

A hard 0 unless Playstation HQ moves back to Japan

Attached: downloadfile-1.jpg (474x317, 21.03K)

sony deserves to die for their psp/vita neglect; it's funny that the industry soon turned into handhelds and showed that sony are just impatient retards

>Sony ditches handhelds in favor of VR
>VR flops and Switch goes on to sell 100 million units
Wow, well played there Sony BRAVO

Attached: 1596532826648.webm (542x800, 2.7M)

Attached: 047095925-exh00.jpg (602x452, 74.51K)

i didn't think about it before but user is right, if a handheld let you play your PS4 & 5 games in a portable form factor it would be worth the entry price

>VR
Sony will never release another handheld for as long as this is a thing.

Yeah and it's funny how hard they still try to make VR a thing when handhelds have exploded in popularity recently whereas VR remains a dead meme. Honestly serves Sony right for being trend chasing whores. They had something great with Vita but squandered it completely.

Steam deck is flopping harder then vita by a factor of 10. It will never reach 1million sales and it will never be taken as nothing other then funny gimmick like every other valve product.

Have you seen how much quest 2 is selling?

>flopping
>When it's sold out all the way to 2023
ok tendie

-1, all they care about are movie games and multi plats.

>expecting anything good from snoy in 2022

Attached: 1645222506677.jpg (828x827, 94.43K)

Nobody is making handhelds anymore because you are graphically limited and that means you have to focus on making a good game and not just have epic graphics