The backtracking isn't NEARLY as bad as you fuckers made it out to be

The backtracking isn't NEARLY as bad as you fuckers made it out to be.

Attached: 1643116933294.png (522x347, 165.33K)

banana

You're right. It's even worse than we make it out to be.

Nah its pretty bad, and its not just that. A lot of the gameplay is just really uninspired, boring and repetitive.

>Ebin youtube man can't walk two feet to nearest barrel
For shame

so what is 'inspired' then? dk shoving a banana up his ass? fuck off

spbp

not sure going to the tag barrel even counts as backtracking, since that word primarily means returning to old levels - and TODAY I WILL REMIND THEM

DK64 has very well designed backtracking, better than most modern games, when you return to previous worlds you can play with different characters and still find more stuff to complete, that is if you wanted to,
what more could gamers want besides more optional substance?

I finally ordered an Everdrive 64 because I wanted to finally replay some N64 games from my childhood and I'll be honest, the stuff about backtracking I've had pounded into me by the internet since I last played Banjo Tooie in... fuck, 2002 (?, or 2004 at the latest) has me terrified it wont live up to my nostalgia.

Attached: E3P3LDcVcAIXFSY.jpg (285x330, 29.57K)

I wish there were more games with funny monkey protagonists

the only thing I hated about that game was the dogshit multiplayer. if you want to play some third person crap, good for you.

It would be more inspired than this lousy game

Attached: 11232342342.png (207x203, 54.95K)

>slowly maneuver to braindead minigame
>beat it
>do it again for 40 hours
No wonder this killed the DK franchise for 2 decades.

The main reason I hate this game is because ever since going 3D Rare had this annoying obsession with games that control slow. Jet Force Gemini, DK64, Conker, Banjo, they were slow and because the characters you controlled felt slow and also somewhat clumsy? It was not fun to play. Say what you will, but Crash Bandicoot nailed the quick snappy precision platforming that made it fun. And given Conke'rs remake didn't improve the gameplay and Banjo continued being this slow character to control directly in Nuts and Bolts Rare never stopped worshiping this idiotic slow gameplay. Slow means sluggish and again NOT fun.

Hope that DK gets another chance but with swift gameplay that compliments his 2D games which were faster.

I feel like Donkey Kong 64 was really of its time. It felt fucking amazing to have games back then that were bigger than anything than anything that came before them. I didn't care how much time they wasted, I was ten years old. Who fucking cares how many times I had to come back or switch characters.

Yeah it's obnoxious now, go ahead and fucking squabble over if the game is wasting your time. Of course it's wasting your time, you're thirty years old now. There's better designed games now that are even bigger than this that you can dive into.

Back then this shit ruled.

Attached: marioplebian.png (548x344, 148.19K)

>banjo slow
>you weren't using talon trot the entire game

Attached: carl.jpg (300x168, 5.39K)

Donkey Kong 64 is more of a joke than a it is a game. About 70% joke 30% game. All of the design choices scream this is dystopian please the industry needs to stop going in this direction. Guess if Nintendo likes to publish jokes instead of games? Not when it takes that many years to develop

Okay HBombertranny

>I was ten years old
That's a stupid excuse. The NES Simpsons games were fucking shit, but nobody defends them because "I was just a kid". Even kids knew they were trash.

I specifically think that criticizing a game for wasting your time or being bloated is something that's subjective. Kids got a lot of fucking time. You can't really waste a ten year olds time.

>just replay the same level five times lmao
sure OP