Master Duel

You max out your medals yet user?

Attached: 1475651863427.jpg (480x480, 53.7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

yugipedia.com/wiki/Sky_Striker_Mobilize_-_Linkage!
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is going to be a retarded newfag type of question and I'm sorry for that, but is the single-player in this game any good as a tool to learn Yu-Gi-Oh? I've wanted to get into it ever since I was a early teenager, but I never got around to it.

There's a solo mode but multiplayer is only ranked.

My suggestion is to just look up an easy combo deck, like some syncro thing so since it'll teach you the basics more than control or midrange

yes

>Every card has a paragraph of text
>No spacing between effects so it all just fucking runs together
>Hard to make out exactly what some cards do because no KEYWORDS
>A bajillion different interactions between the 100,000+ cards in the game (most are completely useless yet they're still in the game because....uhhh....?)
>Banning cards in a digital-only game (why even have them in the game)
>Get to watch 10 minutes of the opponent flip-flopping his cards around and hocus-pocusing 10 montsters out of nowhere with 50,000 attack before you auto-lose.
>20 different ways of summoning infinity monsters to avoid the 1 summon per turn rule but only 2 are good
Yeah, uhhhh, nice card "game" you guys have here.

no
there's barely any tutorials in the game
just get one of the singleplayer games if you want to learn

It's okay but also frustrating. I've never played YGO before this. Solo mode does teach you basics but does a poor job explaining anything and doesn't really give you a chance to explore the topic at hand before dumping the next thing on you. You eventually figure it all out just by playing, but it wont be until you make a meta deck and run it in ladder to truly get a grasp on all the systems and see what a bunch of other cards and styles of play have to offer.

Bait

The tutorials are pretty basic, and move weirdly. At first it paces itself well for the first parts, then in the second set of tutorials it just goes "this is a tribute summon" without actually teaching you how to tribute summon, and having you do a duel with your shitty starter deck. It does this 3 times before giving you access to practice stages that teach you extra deck summoning for Synchros, Xyz, Pendulums and Links.

The Solo stories however are there to give you a taste of how a specific archetype plays and then challenges you to try it with a shitty loaner deck.

Show me the clip of the match you're most proud of

The solo mode covers some basic shit but there's gonna be a ton of seemingly frustrating little things that you'll need to just learn by playing.

Not gonna lie it boggles my brain when my opponent is juggling between different extra deck monsters and I'm having to try and skim read all these paragraphs just to see if they'll do anything to me. It's exhausting.

I wish I didn't use my early resources to build Sky Strikers. I don't find them very fun.

The solo mode will teach you the basics and lets you try out many different decks. DO NOT waste your gems (currency for buying packs) trying to build a deck on your own or improving those free decks you get. Look up a budget Eldlich list, make that for ranked and then save up your gems to either improve Eldlich or make another deck that strikes your fancy. You don't have to make Eldlich but it's by far the cheapest meta deck to make and braindead easy to play, allowing you to compete with others even when you have no fucking idea what you are doing.

Right now there is a great event going on that gives a fuckton of extra gems so it's a great time to start. You can't use Eldlich for that but there are plenty other budget decks to make and just losing 20 times will net you a good amount of gems.

Stealing 3 eldliches

Attached: eldlich MINE.webm (640x360, 2.48M)

What makes you not enjoy them?

>Hard to make out exactly what some cards do because no KEYWORDS
tbf there are keywords, just not bolded. Eg, quick effect, destroy, target, etc.

Attached: blb9k34utog81.jpg (850x1202, 205.43K)

It feels like I'm always running the same exact plays, getting the same exact cards, and eventually going into Accesscode for the cleanup. It was okay in the beginning when it was new, but it got old very quick. It would be more fun if they had more links that could branch off to other things.

Attached: Sky.Striker.Ace.-.Kagari.full.3081164.png (1280x820, 1.13M)

They're getting a spell for in-archetype OTKs
yugipedia.com/wiki/Sky_Striker_Mobilize_-_Linkage!
Just lets you cycle through your entire extra deck and attack with each one, gonna be a pain in the dick

Do you really have no gems and options left to build another deck? You should have crafted a lot of staples that are good for any deck.

not yet but why. just why the fuck are retards happy about the change??? i mean you're getting less gems and no xyz packs unlike yesterday.

So the Danger! cards are my best bet for getting multiple monsters on at once?
I've been trying to think on how to try and get some phantasmal beasts out there.

They didn't lower the amount anyone gets though, just increased the prize for winning. And the rewards peter out at 3.2k anyways.

hand traps are gay

Oh, this is gonna be something with the one that can attack directly.

Yeah, I have 10k after the xyz event. Have a few staples like 3x Ash, Max, Niberu. I've been using my BLS deck. Might make a Burning Abyss since I wanted to try that deck in real life.

So why is Called By the Grave limited and Ass Blossom isn't?