/gamedev/ thread

why did the mods delete the last thread?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 157.37K)

What's the far right?

the only game engine you need is RPGmaker 2003

>tfw too stupid to improvise

Attached: 1636398389915.png (393x587, 342.33K)

not sure if this is what you mean but lately i've felt burnt out and have a lack of imagination. i find the best ideas come to me in a dream. i have a hard time recreating them, though.

RPG maker MV for me.

Attached: 156773057363.jpg (723x1080, 357.68K)

Godot based

I mean technical problems, I can't improvise cheaper solutions for problems, it just feels wrong.

Indie games use the same tired old tropes endlessly. I can't even differentiate half the side scroller games people make anymore. There's even a indie game on gamepass that almost completely rips off nuclear throne but makes it a half-assed ARPG.

The cool looking games always end up just being experimental projects that never turn into games either.

Another problem is the games usually don't have a "vision". They don't feel like there is passion behind them, it feels like they create the game mechanics first out of an experimental stage and then they have to be assed to create a world and levels behind it. Every indie game ends up being completely unmemorable and soulless compared to their retro counterparts for this reason.

Devs need to learn how make games from the ground up with every aspect already down on paper, with a cohesion between all aspects of the game to form a "whole". Instead I feel like im just playing someones hobby project that they fucked around with until they got it working.

Attached: 1642908466122.png (600x450, 281.36K)

I think it's GameMaker Studio.

>I feel like im just playing someones hobby project that they fucked around with until they got it working.
Isn't that what indie games basically are?

>same tired old tropes
There is no such thing as "new tropes"

>MUH FAR RITE

dilate bunkertranny, most people who are “far right” are far right in response to YOU

I know this a pasta but, what is the problem in using old tropes, and what is "vision", lack of polish, content ?

I coomed twice today. One in the morning. One a few seconds ago. I have never had such a depressing, unproductive day. I just want to die. I live in a hell of my own making and I don't understand why I can't just get out. If I hold the keys, why can't I escape?

Attached: 1643321938855.png (152x254, 40.23K)

>Every indie game ends up being completely unmemorable and soulless compared to their retro counterparts
Uh it's more that a small studio probably doesn't hire inspired artists and storywriters that big games do.
Indie artists who want to make a game can't code.
Indie coders who want to make a game can just use unity marketplace assets and make something.

What did you coom to?

>blaming cooming
I coom several times a day and have a released game. You just ain't that smart.

Who are the Unreal and GMS characters?

Attached: 1622799403803.jpg (1536x2048, 205.76K)

>what is “vision”
sovl, kino, juice, mojo, sauce, “it factor”
you know it instantly. a game either has it or it doesn’t. this applies to all indies and AAAs alike.

Has anyone here actually FINISHED a project? How was it?

Attached: rockin.png (1054x750, 427.48K)

Unity Layouts are even worse than CSS fuck me

>project? what teacher assigned this project? looking at the state of it, i hope they're grading on a curve

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 9.15K)

>Only 2 times
No wonder you get nothing done. If you don't have enough energy to masturbate at least 4 times a day, you will never make it.

dumb, but based