Character action

>character action

Attached: unnamed (2).jpg (900x900, 160.94K)

To this day I don't know what that even means

I hate that all of the popular youtubers that talk about the goodness of action games are trannies and faggots who obsess over DMC

Bayo, dmc, MGR are character action games

Attached: action games tier list(updated).png (1125x706, 667.77K)

Meteos is my favorite character action game, I love watching the little alien characters perform the action of dancing
zoomers really believe this

I like those games as much as the next one but I still don't understand the actual meaning of "character action"
It feels like another "immersive sim" buzzword imo

TGBS is better when he doesn't talk about action games or e-drama. I found his Silent Hill videos to be better than 99% of the shit I've seen in general, and he doesn't have a habit like other ecelebs where he talks in a gay low voice like he's about to cry.
Shame he's british.

I just call them "hack and slash" to keep it simple.

Character action? What's the requirements for this genre? A character and action?
Damn I guess uncharted is a character action game now.

stupid fucking buzzword that originated from resetera

wait Gaming brit talks about E-drama?

Remember when yahtzee tried to coin the term spectacle fighter for these games?

this is my issue with this genre name
"uhh retard it's games in the style of dmc and bayonetta", okay, then why is the genre name so fucking broad instead of a specific genre like "stylish action" or "spectacle fighters"?
it just doesn't make sense to me

Those videos where he responded to people about his God of War shit, his SIlent Hills/PT shit, and that character action shit are all what I'd label as e-drama.

genuinely fits better than character action tbdesu

remove dark souls and this would be pretty good bait

Attached: 987784.png (820x704, 131.94K)

stylish action is also retarded because it would only apply to playing dante in dmc
Unless ryu doing tactical ninja shit or Bayo being a witch is """""stylish"""""

a subgenre of action games built off of comboing and getting a high score could definitely fit the idea of a stylish action kind of genre

>COME AND BUY A PIXELIZER

There isn't a single genre that has a "good" name.
>Driving sims
GTA simulates driving

>Turn based strategy
Includes many games with real time elements, no strategy, but not chess

>Real Time Strategy
all games worth talking about require strategy, can apply to anything from fighting games to Tetris

>Japanese Role Playing Game
Do I even have to explain

The fact is that no genre has a good name that describes what it is, but for some reason you fucks want to take special exception with "Character action". I don't even use the term itself but I recognize that people are using it to mean something specific. There's always some goober that thinks when I say "hack-n-slash" I'm talking about diablo or path of exile. Which is another term that ill defines its genre.

Gamingbrit is actually pretty genuine when talking about games and doesn't come off as pure Reddit. His only sin is being British.

saying action game is hard

Its stylish because it looks cool. Ninjas are efficient killers, bayo using magic and shit is spectacular in the clinical sense of the term.

Kratos is stylish now?

No, and I wouldn't include any GoW in [insert whatever genre name you want here]

Yes? Ninja Gaiden genuinely looks extremely stylish because of how much movement you have and interaction with the environment/enemies, on top of most enemies having a lot of movement themselves and being hyperaggressive + just the general gore and flashy moves.
Bayo is literally on the same level of DMC so I have no clue where you were going with that.

Attached: 1592761536694.webm (900x506, 2.93M)

Webm related isn't stylish, you unironically have no clue what it stands for either.

the devs explicitly said gow1 was their attempt to make a more casual friendly devil may cry

Yeah ninja got style nigga

it's all dumb semantics but to me, hack n slash implies a level of braindead-ness. Like, i'd consider god of war a hack n slash but i'd never consider bayonetta one even though there are a lot of similarities between the two

if you say spectacle fighter, it gives normalfags the impression its all flash and no substance which is an ongoing meme in the gaming sphere and even on this website.
and they failed. The fuck do you want me to say? GoW is more like a 3D beat em up. Its not bad, but its not the same type of game.

You're crazy, it is stylish, it's just also fast and efficient like he's trying to actually kill the enemy instead of just dunking on them.

>ninja teleporting around with after images and shit
>combos and air juggles
You are small time.

I can at least get that one, it's simple, and it at least makes sense within some of these games.
>resetera
Oh
>yahtzee
He's still alive...?

You have 0 (zero) style if you think that webm doesn't look cool as fuck

>failed
by what metric? god of war got way more popular than DMC did. not to say GoW games aren't fucking garbage

Is that some slur for gay sex because avatarfags are the gayest thing ever.

You're changing goal posts. Original post said
>the devs explicitly said gow1 was their attempt to make a more casual friendly devil may cry

Its not like Devil May Cry. Its more casual friendly, but its not the same type of game. They just made a casual beat em up.

Oh wait it's the faggot
Well, I usually like his videos, but that's such a bad take. I call them character action games or stylish action games because yes, it's a genre.
At the same time yes it doesn't excuse certain games from having bad combat.. but then just because say Nioh 2 has really good combat still doesn't put it in the same genre as Ninja Gaiden. It's just not the same genre, Nioh 2 is still a soulsgame, even if the majority of soulgames have bad comabt.

Needs both Castlevania Lords of Shadow games

>Nioh 2 has really good combat still doesn't put it in the same genre as Ninja Gaiden
Yes, but primarily because Nioh and Nioh 2 are explicitly action RPGs, and Ninja Gaiden isn't, that's pretty obvious. Ninja Gaiden itself is an action game.

Nioh is a soulslike or "Masocore RPG"

Attached: 1645177928153.jpg (1536x2048, 350.48K)

>Masocore
A what now?
Yes it's obvious it takes inspiration from Dark Souls, which is... An Action RPG, literally.

I mean, you can definitely see the influence. They might've wanted to make a casual DMC game but that doesn't mean that's the only thing they cared about.

That's more because Nioh 2 is an RPG with somewhat non-linear level design. You don't grind out levels to get some kind of perfect rank or w/e. You play through levels to get loot. Also, calling it a soulsgame or a soulslike is so fucking heavily offensive.
It's roots lie within ninja gaiden. Just because it has a stamina bar and no jump button doesn't suddenly make it a souls like