The redpill people aren't ready for is that Elden Ring will cement Sekiro as From Software's best game

The redpill people aren't ready for is that Elden Ring will cement Sekiro as From Software's best game.

Sekiro was From cutting the fat and focusing on doing a couple of things incredibly well.. By focusing on RPG elements and an Open World they're automatically putting themselves at a disadvantage because it's much harder to predict how a person will approach the game, meaning its much harder to fine tune and polish it. It is inevitable that a group of players will have a less than ideal experience because they're playing the game in a way the devs did not account for. Elden Ring will sacrifice quality for the sake of quantity.

Attached: Sekiro.jpg (1276x1600, 917.71K)

Can't wait for this to go on Xbox gamepass

The fact that this group of players can have such a radically different experience in the first place is why people wanted them to go back to making RPGs after Sekiro.
It's my favorite as well, but you're not saying anything people who wanted Dark Souls Too aren't aware of.

Didn't read. I like all of them.

I think Elden Ring will be great but 100% this. Sekiro is my favorite fromsoft game and it'll probably remain that way for a while.
My ranking goes:
Sekiro>BB>DS1>DS3>DeS>DS2
I'm guessing ER will either slot in between DS1 and BB or DS1 and DS3. I don't expect it to be better than BB or Sekiro, and that's fine.

Bosses is what will inevitably suffer the most, Elden Ring won't have anything as memorable and iconic as stuff like Isshin and Guardian Ape, at least mechanically. Because its gonna be designed around different playstyles. From has even said that being able to approach situations in different ways to make the game easier/harder is a main focus of Elden Ring. So they simply won't be as consistent.

Good job Neo you broke the system.

I hope for their next project they make another character focused action game again. Maybe something in a fictional renaissance europe setting would be cool.

That's fine I'm still never gonna play it.

Why are you skipping elden ring its the biggest game of the year

I wish From would just ditch stats and builds entirely and focus on what they do best which is exploration, level design and memorable boss encounters.

I'm getting filtered by the ogre and that guy with the lance in the flashback bell thing what the fuck is this game

Boards

Threads bait twice

A dedicated souls-like rpg team and a dedicated story focused, character driven story team would be nice. Worst case scenario is they try to mix the two.

Sekiro 2
Trust the plan

outside of a couple of fights, sekiro was boring.

the fire will rise

Attached: bane.jpg (1280x720, 42.27K)

Will Sekiro be back though.
He is the name of the game.

Dark souls 1 is already their best game, so Sekiro was blown out before it ever came out.

use the flamebarrel on the ogre and git gud

3 of the 4 endings have Sekiro remaining alive, ableit in varying states.

Attached: 20200524104909_1.jpg (1920x1080, 207.69K)

Get the mikiri counter skill, and for the ogre try getting a stealth attack on him (bait him near the gate, lose aggro and get him from above via the tree), then throw oil at him and use the flamebarrel. Keep attacking him until he stops sperging around, avoid him for like 20 seconds and then do the oil and flamebarrel process again, two times should be enough to kill him.

Your point falls apart when you consider that many prosthetic tools are optional and missed in Sekiro, as well as combat arts and trees. Meaning despite all of what Sekiro offers, the bare minimum is required. Just like Souls. Parry, deflect, mikiri, jump and basic attacks are all that you really need to win Sekiro where Souls is block/roll then counter attack. Every enemy and boss is the same in Sekiro, mechanically. Still fun but its shallow. The only thing that contradicts that are the folding screen monkeys and many players didn't like them because it was different.

From are just not as competent as some think. Take Dragon's Dogma, a game that was clearly unfinished and ran poorly but it nailed the variety the vocations should offer. Enemies had a lot of unique properties to them which changed how you fought them. A cyclops has the obvious weak spot of its eye so ranged characters could simply shoot it while melee had to climb and attack the eye themselves or have a ranged pawn do the shooting for them. A cyclops in Souls would just be hit it and avoid/block the attacks, no strategy, no unique property. This is the area ARPGs should thrive, in that your build, class etc. make you have to fight very differently. The only difference with builds is melee or ranged or melee+ranged.

Dragons Dogma is a terrible example to use. It suffers from a terrible difficulty curve due to how gear and damage calculations work. 95% of the time its either way too easy or enemies are damage sponges that kill you in one hit. It perfectly illustrates the problem.