I want a new video card SO BAD I'm actually considering buying a prebuilt to get one

I want a new video card SO BAD I'm actually considering buying a prebuilt to get one

Attached: 3070 ti.jpg (1500x1433, 254.16K)

RX 6600 for $439 at newegg

>AMD
no thanks

just buy on from aliexpress/wish

>get a card that was modified to read as one card, but is actually another
k

yes

Just be aware that the card in your prebuilt wont be any brand you've ever heard of, and the prebuilt stores don't let you pick brands or models for GPUs anymore. It'll just say "8 GB 3070" or something like that, which means you'll get some crazy chinese knockoff that will burn itself out in a year or 2 with temps running above 100c. If you got lucky maybe you would get a Zotac, but again you have no idea what you'll get which is a big risk for a purchase that would be at least $2k.

the prebuilt I'm looking at has a evga 3060 in it and the entire build is only $1149

what's your current card? If you have a 1070 or better i'd say it's not worth it for a 3060.

Nothing is stopping you from dumping $1600 on a 3080.

I don't have a PC just a laptop

In that case it might be worth it for you then. What are the other parts in that prebuilt?

>want to 'upgrade' PC
>have to replace the processor, graphics card or so i think
>have to get another motherboard thats compatable with the processor, have to upgrade the power supply for the newer, more powerful components
>also want to upgrade storage to 1TB
>basically have to buy a whole new computer to upgrade mine.

There's nothing better for the socket you have right now? What cpu are you running with?

This happened to me once but I also waited like 7 years before trying to "upgrade"

When my 2070S dies and prices havent fallen yet im giving up and playing 90s games and indies

>have to upgrade the power supply for the newer, more powerful components
>Not having at least 500W in 2022
What do you have now?

I'm on a similar situation, I have a crappy 7th gen i5 so I need a new one for any card about a 1650 but I'll also need to upgrade to faster RAM so basically almost a new PC except another mobo (which I'll almost need one soon anyway because PCIE 4.0)

Same. Gonna take a break from this until the world gets it's shit together again.

>Live next to Microcenter
>Got myself one last summer
>Bought friend one in November
>Been buying one every month since then and reselling them

I live near a microcenter but they don't have any 30 series cards only 16s and a few 20s and they're above msrp

you basically have to show up on truck days and get shuffled

>Nvidia
Yikes

Attached: nvidiabots.jpg (651x384, 36.58K)