Why is every mmo that isn't ff14 completely horrible? They all have:

Why is every mmo that isn't ff14 completely horrible? They all have:

>p2w out the ass
>+15 weapon upgrades with a chance to fail
> horrible balance
> completely broken economies or bugs(new world)
>horrible slogfest story
>neverending grind
>trash content

It almost feels like ff14 is the only mmo that isn't a total trashfire now

Attached: images (3) (10).jpg (640x480, 78.98K)

new world mogs this trash and has more players

Because Final Fantasy charges a monthly subscription. The Free ones need to make incentitives to keep you spending money on it, or the devs will leave and the game will die. This is why I try to avoid Free to Play shit like Destiny and Lost Arch, because its going to be a never ending money drain until the devs find a new project.

Lost Ark is better btw

>commits every single mmo sin
I guess every generation needs to learn the kmmo lesson

Sins are for children. There is no Hell.

learn english

Why does it feel like OP is talking about lost ark and no other mmo?

because lost ark has all of those things, which a game can get away with maybe one or two
lost ark hides it all at the end though, like a mobile game that gives you enough free time until they 'hook' people

>horrible balance
ffxiv literally copy pastes its role actions and just gives them a different animation while calling it a day
>horrible slogfest story
cue 2000+ MSQ fetch quests and tired cutscenes that establish nothing
>trash content
pretty much everything in ffxiv outside of raids. crafting is a needless slog for no benefit. all of the side fluff is garbage (fishing, gs, blu, maps, beast tribes, ex trials) or forgotten (mahjong/verminion, guildhests, pvp). hell, pvp might as well not exist.

>cites shitty mmo tropes
>ffxiv is chock full of them
love some cognitive dissonance

No this is new world + PSO2 NG + WoW + a little bit of maplestory and lost ark

>PSO2 NG
the game is ass but I thought all it had to offer was cosmetic gacha

I've done some thinking on this, and I think FFXIV and maybe Guild Wars 2 are MMOs for people who don't like MMOs which is most gamers.

GW2 has a really terrible story, but way more in common with older MMOs, so I'm not really sure where you are getting that from

It deffo includes NGS. Let's go over it:
>p2w out the ass
Can only use the marketboard if you're a premium player as opposed to pre-NGS where you could get a MB pass as f2p (unless they fixed that since I last looked WHICH I DOUBT)
It's been toned down in NGS but affixes and upgrades are still very much luck based.
> horrible balance
yep
> completely broken economies or bugs(new world)
The vanilla PSO2 economy got absolutely fucked by the final batch of missions.
>horrible slogfest story
Yep.
>neverending grind
More like "neverending grind for very incremental boosts since it's the only form of endgame that exists"
>trash content
lol yep

Guild Wars 2 generally feels like it doesn't care about you playing all the time forever like other MMOs do, same for FFXIV. It feels like you can drop it for a few months or even a couple years and come back and not really be too 'behind'.

Learn grammar.

Isn’t GW2 pretty good. Never played it personally.

It's the only MMO I really play, but I don't play it that often or that seriously, but it's the one I keep going to because it feels like my time is always respected.

out of all the popular MMOs out that you can play, it is by far the easiest on the wallet
and it really does respect your time, my gear I got when the game first came out is still the gear I use today
story is god fucking awful and the devs pander to a minority playerbase that will eventually ruin the game, probably
idk, the new expansion looked really shit too, shit new subclasses, and cantha just looks lame now

Damn, rip that piece of shit game. Glad I didn't play it for long.

I dunno, gun-katana subclass seemed neat.

xiv is all of those things except p2w lmao

It seems like a decent game, but the playerbase is apparently quite small these days. It’s not a vertical progression game either which I guess does alienate a lot of the MMO community.

It seems relatively thriving, I thought? New expansion will probably bring in some people too.

show me where

Yeah, that game is fine and good too

They're all horrible, FF included.

That particular thing is more of a KRMMO thing. I don't think any western MMO has that (or FFXIV), of the big ones at least.

I have been playing ffxiv casually for like 3 months
I'm like level 40 and so far gear doesn't fuckin matter, which means dungeons/loot doesn't matter. The only gear I've gotten is from quests. Every time I do a dungeon the loot that drops is worse than what I have. All I've done is follow the boring ass MSQ and following point a to point b. At level 40 there have only been 4 dungeons. I tried branching out from MSQ railroad and it was even worse, people told me to just focus on MSQ. I hate this game and regret spending $ and time on it.

about a few months before rona killed the world, gw2 had that same interest that FFXIV had a few months ago
lots of new players, big hype, and the devs in their typical fashion ignored what was going on and tried to sell skins in the cash shop
also they made some heavy changes in WvW and sPvP that made those game modes less fun than usual
I have a feeling GW2 would be the biggest MMO today if it wasn't ran by retards

>this post was written by zoomer hands

You can overmeld materia. I would argue xiv is worse because end games gear isn’t even necessary or relevant so there isn’t even anything to grind for

Aren't they redoing WvW right now?

It just needs to hurry up and come to steam. It's had a store page for around 2 years now.

so they say, but with nuArenanet that sort of stuff can be a monkey's paw

Oh yeah that was a thing wasn't it. They set it up and then were like "Oh sorry we're making the expansion can't put this on Steam" like... How hard can it really be to put this game on Steam. Arenanet can't be THAT small.

Weird complaint but yeah gear never matters, even at endgame unless you're trying to do ultimates.
Thank you for your money.

>weird complaint
gear is a huge component in RPG/MMOs... What is the point of raiding if gear doesn't matter?

The raid itself. You do things for the content itself, not the rewards.

ok, if that's really the case then definitely dropping this

so do you just quit for 9 months after the raid has no challenge on the 3rd go around?

Should I try FF14?
I've been on the search for a MMO
Problem is I'm Brazilian so my ping would be high for FF14
Currently trying GW2 and Lost Ark. GW2 is great but everyone says the endgame is awful. Lost Ark is good but doesnt have regionalized prices, the basic gem pack costs 50% of a monthly brazilian wage, and as that game is sort of p2w it's not looking viable

>I have been playing ffxiv casually for like 3 months
>not even at 50

Attached: 8wrpK5j.png (323x454, 327.23K)

If you want. They encourage you to stop playing if you've done everything you want to, and pick it back up when new content shows up. There's other stuff to spend your time in besides raids if you just wanna have fun.

Wait wtf, I thought it was coming to steam with the new xpack, is that not true

It's mainly for the content itself. It's a lot more skill dependent than gear dependent, but the loot you get isn't entirely pointless since the raid gear is dyeable and raid weapons only exist in savage versions. You're basically collecting trophies.

Unironically yes, except it's only 3 months since FF14 gets major content patches way more frequently than WoW does.

Attached: 320.png (1197x775, 238.32K)

Faggot your game is trash

I don't think so? I thought they said they'd work on putting it to Steam after End of Dragons comes out if anything.