Sales are genuinely more predatory than any other practice in the industry

Sales are genuinely more predatory than any other practice in the industry.
The fact that so many people only buy games when they're on sale is insane, to me.
If you want a game, why not just buy it whenever? Why does it have to be 30% off or whatever?
Does anyone else find this kind of weird?

Attached: 146806244513.jpg (1980x1080, 156.85K)

Yeah I can't believe Gabe Newell invented the practice of temporarily discounting his goods. He is literally the devil.

Most people who do sales are endless consumers user, I'd wager most never even touch the game they buy

Everyone has a price point. A rich, well off, or dumb person will gladly buy a game at full price. A more frugal person will use what he has without buying something new, though a discount may interest him.
When a game is 5+ years old and the monthly sales are near zero, putting them on a deep deep discount will generate revenue easily when there would have been none at all.

Well think about grocery stores. You could just save a shit ton of money buying the store brand, but go on any aisle at Kroger or Food Lion and you'll see $1.00 off this, BOGO that. They're literally trying to make you buy one thing that costs more when the cheaper thing is right there.
Three games I can think of on Steam that are super cheap, fun and never on sale are: Vampire Survivors, SNKRX and Wizorb. They're all like $3 and would grant you more fun than spending $8 on some random JRPG that's 80% off would provide.

lol this is me
I have so many now that I look at them without any reaction except curiosity.

You must be 18 to post here

If you have a lot of games to play there is no point buying games on release when you can just play your backlog and buy the games you want when they are on sale

>you can just play your backlog
Who has a backlog unless they're only buying games when they're on sale?
I think one of the most relatable things people say about Steam is that they bought too many shitty cheap games during sales and just stare at their library

You don't have to put your game on sale if you don't want to, just look at Factorio. If people think it's worth a certain price, they'll get it.

>who has a backlog
People older than 18 who have money to spend

Sales are not bad, just get some impulse control and buy things you actually want

Fair enough. That's a good counterpoint, this thread seems redundant now that I'm reading that.

Sad

Confirmed this works. I have over 74 steam games. I've installed 24 of them.

Attached: 1640979153530.gif (307x300, 94.15K)

Any Forums - Grocery Stores

Because 90% of games are not worth the asking price.

Fucking kill yourself retard.

>NOOOO WHY ARE YOU BEING SMART WITH YOUR MONEY??? YOU HAVE TO BUY SCRIMBLO BLIMBO FOR $79.99 + TIP + TAX!!!!!

>See cool game
>I'm not an ADHD kid that wants everything immediatly
>Have tons of other shit to play
>Put cool game on wishlist
>When cool game price drops below X or the discount is at least Y% buy game
>Install it whenever
>Finish and move to next game

Currently i have a dozen games lined up ready to play, usually i never run out and never build a backlog.
Worst case scenario i can pirate some shit or start a new Factorio run

Attached: 1573833864101.jpg (1280x825, 110.55K)

humans are stupid and illogical, and a game that only costs $10 being sold as $39.99 marked down to $9.99 every other week will sell better then if it only cost $10 24/7 and never went on sale. There's probably marketers and physiologists that could tell you why.

I don't even remember the last time I used steam. Man paypigs are legit mentally ill. Imagine paying for games in 2022

>t. indie dev