I
T
T

H
R
E
A
D

Attached: 1607732512436.jpg (124x125, 3.13K)

stfu before I kill you irl

Challenge the fates for another toss - a better toss.

This. "Coin toss" is just a metaphor used for brainlets like Simon, so they brain remain intact.
Truth is, and the game shows it implicitly: Your consciousness is COPIED to another body/container. You remain where you are while other "you" starts living in the other body.

The coin toss dilemma in this game is rendered moot because in the end we don't even know if any of the transferred scans were truly conscious or merely just a series of algorithms trying to simulate consciousness.

seething coinlet

I wish there had been a way to win the coin toss. With the toss being scripted it made the ending feel kind of cheap. It could have been an Easter egg or bonus or something

They should have made it so that there's a 50% chance to first get the depressing ending, and then the copy ending on the ship, and that other 50% of the players first get the ending on the ship and then after credits the ending at the bottom of the sea. A true coin toss

>no postgame content where Simon 3 escapes to the surface to see the state of the world.
>he is never going to find that Russian girl corpse

Exactly. People are just trolling at this point, but to clarify: YOU CAN'T TRANSFER CONSCIOUSNESS. IT IS BOUND TO YOUR PHYSICAL FORM.

why is it that indie games are often way better written than AAA games?

I'm more of a rock paper scissors kind of guy

Catherine herself says it's copy-and-paste.

I don't mind that some guy similar to me copied himself to create me. Thanks to his (mine) actions I exist. His (mine) selfishness bear fruit.

It's good the way it is, because it emphasizes the recording you get from Simon at some other stage of the game. I think the one where human Simon records a final message.
The issue with him getting stuck up on the "coin toss" idea is kind of interesting if you think about why he doesn't seem to get the explanation. I think that in the state he's in, he simply cannot "learn" things. Or that learning doesn't work the same way anymore. He's got a computer chip for a brain now, and is just a goopy sludge of structure gel and robot parts held in human shape inside a diving suit. He doesn't really have a brain, and so I don't think he can really comprehend anything the same way a person can. He can remember stuff, from when he was a human because that's when his brain scan was taken. And he can sort of remember stuff that has happened on his way through the labs, but he can't really learn from what's happening.

god i hope the earth gets destroyed in my life time

Indies don't have to talk down to an audience of smooth brained children who's only exposure to allegories and symbolism is marvel capeshit and Shonen battle anime.