Exclusive: Avatar Aang era console RPG and world of Avatar MMORPG video games in development

I have some huge news for you today: an ATLA console RPG and an Avatar MMORPG are in development at undisclosed game studios in collaboration with Paramount’s Avatar Studios.

Not just that, but these are just two games of at least four in development, including a Square Enix mobile game announced last year, and at least one other game; and at least one of all of these games will feature the original ATLA characters recast with new Asian and Indigenous voice actors– “voice matches” of the originals. (Just to be clear, this is for voice acting in video games, not live-action acting in the Netflix show.)

These have been in development in secret for a pretty long time now, and they’re coming… much sooner than you think, that’s all I can say. For the first one, “RPG” is a vague descriptor; it could end up overlapping with other similar action-adventure genres to varying extents– I don’t have details on gameplay or anything like that. I’m guessing this could be where the ATLA characters could show up since based on the info I have, voice casting took place at about the right time in development– but again, it could be in any of the video games. For the MMORPG, I don’t know what platform it’ll be on or if it’ll be related to the console game.

One last thing is I can more-or-less confirm that the reason there was no Avatar Studios movie/show info at the Paramount event this week is because it was indeed just too early. But… I think it was literally just as bit too early, that’s all I’ll say for now!

Attached: 1640794195601.png (1280x1280, 1.82M)

Fire Nation Chads

Attached: Buff_Iroh.jpg (721x1442, 78.41K)

Neither of these will see release.

man i really dislike how fire nation is the only one who can summon their element out of nowhere

>will feature the original ATLA characters recast with new Asian and Indigenous voice actors–
Thanks. Not buying

While an MMORPG makes sense, aren't there already too many MMOs and live service games oversaturating the market?

Magma bending is where they jumped the shark.

Like 95% of the entire avatar population is either fire or earth kingdom.
There are only 2 fucking tribes for the water nation on the south and north pole and there aren't more than a few thousand air nomads before they were all killed.

FIRST FOR BEST GIRL OF ALL TIME AZULA

Attached: Azula.webm (1025x1025, 2.95M)

air benders would have to be in a pretty extreme environment to not have access to their element. earthbenders basically have to be in the middle of the ocean to be starved, and waterbenders would have to be in the desert since they can pull ambient humidity out of the air

>Nickelodean

Attached: 1635661085358.png (680x996, 202.05K)

>avatar in 2022
>console rpg

Attached: 12412414.png (500x519, 261.02K)

>original ATLA characters recast with new Asian and Indigenous voice actors
Why? Did something happen to the original VAs?

Don't get our hopes up, OP.
I'm going to ERP haughty fire emblem girl in the MMO.

I miss her so much anons

Attached: image_2022-02-18_154928.png (723x1009, 326.71K)

They're not asians.

Attached: fxk79h76o7e71.png (551x618, 273.61K)

Built for BBC (Zuko)

I love how the comics made everyone gay until the fire nation attacked.

Attached: based Sozin.jpg (2100x1600, 1.04M)

They probably can't do the voices anymore?

is she really into her brother?
or is that just fanon?

And it took Nickelodeon 15 years ti realize that? Fucking retard execs

What's your point?

Why the fuck is dudes fucking even coming up in a kid's comic?

is Awkwafina in? she looks so anime.

15 years ago it was okay. Now only cheaper Asian VAs can play Asians and cheaper Black VAs can play Blacks. Whites are free game though.

It always confused me how the entirety of the water kingdom consisted of a single fucking city

How to do the RPG right
>You don't play any of the main cast
>It takes place 1,000 years before the events of the show
>Create your own character and party

Comics aren't your safespace anymore and since they're all approved by Bryke, they're all canon sadly.

Attached: punished Zuko.jpg (2138x1600, 1.04M)

What's confusing about it? They're a people in decline. The southern tribe used to be huge too, and maybe even had big ice cities.

That was only becuase all the men from the south left for the war, while the north just holed itself up. What the show showed rom the south tribe were just elderly women, children and Sokka.

to be fair the southern tribe used to be way bigger (not as big as the northern tribe) until they literally had all their water benders rounded up by fire nation holocaust boats.

I just ignore all material from Korra onwards. What a shame its own creators would be the ones to do all this, at least Roddenberry and Lucas didn't violate their own children.

Hey guys, remeber me?

Attached: LoK_SS_04-660x370.jpg (660x370, 66.05K)

They’re called the water tribe user, they need to dev push their lands to ascend gov types but it’s expensive to do in tundra

neither are these imaginary characters from made up nations

I love Avatar but I figure this would be pozzed with unnecessary nonsense like the various comics and books.
I'll keep an eye on the RPG but not the MMO, those are dreadful.

Attached: avatar VR.webm (720x480, 2.87M)

That game was okay.

it was okay. Kind of suffered from being cranked out so early in the series that they didn't even have a real goal or villain for the game (though with how LOK turned out I guess it probably wouldn't have made much of a difference)

>feature the original ATLA characters recast with new Asian and Indigenous voice actors– “voice matches” of the originals.
No Delisle no buyle

>there aren't more than a few thousand air nomads before they were all killed.
we really don't know that
to be desu I figure there were always (pre-genocide, which upset the "balance" or whatever) an equal number of benders of each nation, but the more populous nations had a larger proportion of non-benders
all air nomands can bend, maybe a third of water tribalists could, like 10% of fire nation, and only 1% of earth kingdomites.

>Lucas didn't violate

Attached: 1634594420881.png (1381x678, 1.23M)

No one cares because Korra did a Disney Star Wars on the series

lmao these fuckers ripped off tamriel

absolutely will never consider this nonsense canon
the air nomads were fucking uber-religious nutjobs, they of all fucking people I do not believe would have accepted any sort of sexual perversions
the actual clergy were probably celibate and only accepted sexual intercourse among the "laymen" (who were still essentially raised extremely religiously) as a means of procreation
hell, that could actually be a bit of a plot point, showing that the air nomads were not "perfect" (according to modern standards and whatnot). I mean I doubt Aang, who wanted to marry, would have qualified to be the leader of the air nomads if any of them were still alive.

if you're lying I'll send my soul through the astral plane to bang around your pots and pans while you sleep

Attached: 1607926865721.jpg (668x516, 21.31K)

Quiet literally.

Attached: Unalaq breaking the Avatar Cycle.webm (854x480, 2.66M)