Final Fantasy Tactics Thread

Quick Any Forums, lets talk about vidya before the mods close this thread in favor of more coomerbait threads.

>Whats your favorite class for Ramza
>Favorite builds
>Favorite party comps
>Favorite / Least Favorite Fight
>Favorite gimmick / exploit

Lets hear em, Any Forums. I always end up making Ramza
>Squire
>Math Skill (All classes mastered)
>Blade Grasp
>Two Swords
>Move +3
>98 Brave
>90 Faith
>Excaliber + Chaos Blade
Does it get better than this?

Attached: FFT.jpg (650x650, 87.92K)

i just want a god damn pc port already.

Can you not emulate War of the Lions?

This is now a FFTA thread.

Attached: Ffta-marche.jpg (720x786, 75.63K)

yes but i want to have a legit port. seems every ff game is getting one, they should port wotl too

>Favorite Fights
Deep Dungeon
>Least Favorite Fight
Dorter Trade City

i played the living shit out of this in my teen years. loved it so much i often loaded up codebreaker and changed ramza's sprite to an unused one where he wore a cloak and looked like a lord. also made him an all swordsman for shits and giggles, those were the days.

pure SOVL though

Attached: 34-capture_03012011_172918.png (512x480, 47.39K)

>unused one where he wore a cloak and looked like a lord
pics. I've never heard of this and I love this game.

I meant the first one, when all you've got is squires and a wizard who can cast fire1 once... It's just a pain of a fight where you can't really speed it up without grinding and it's early enough that 1 wrong crit can make you have to reload

my mistake, actually, it was one from a mod

Attached: ramzafftmercsfinchv1.png (256x72, 3.48K)

anyone wants to pvp?

holy fucking based........

I just wish I could get WoTL but WITHOUT the cringe-inducing Shakespearean dialogue that's laid on too thick and with the chants back.

good game
lmao stop asking for this shit
square is a dogshit company

I'd recommend trying Ramza as a Priest. Staves hit decently hard and Holy is strong enough to one shot every 'duel' target

Geomancer-only playthrough was the most fun I've ever had playing this game.
>knights clustered near the top
>on stone tile
>petrify 2 out of 3 in one turn
alternatively later:
>Ramza with Rune Sword
>scream spam
>one shotting enemies

Reminder that Marche was right

I remember a PC port was mentioned in the nvidia leak a while back. I guess there probably hasn't been any other news about it since.

Game is great. Was avoiding it for a while because I didn’t wanna sit through the story again. But it was actually pretty fast to mash through the cutscenes (for a ps1 rpg.) Story is great but this was like my 4th time playing it.
Anyways game is way better than I remember. I love how compact the stages feel. It’s like your immediately in the fight. I also love how swingy it can feel. You can be man down really fast. The level scaling of the campaign is pretty brutal, so you’ll definitely have to grind at some points.
I used a bunch of classes I never tried before. Mime is fucking awesome but way too fragile. I also enjoyed bard a lot. I ended up relying on squire ramza still cause I kept avoiding random fights. Fantastic game throughout though and unlocking the advanced jobs isn’t as difficult as you might think.

Should I play this or tactics ogre first. If so which version.

Probably this first, preferably the PSP version with the slowdowns fix (most rom sites have this by default). Both versions of TO are quirky in their own way and less fun to play overall.

anyone know if it emulates well on a n3DS

FFT first is probably better, especially if you're going to play the TO PSP remake. TO is generally the better game in both gameplay and story, but FFT is simpler (but still good) which makes it better as an introduction.