Why aren't you playing fighting games, Any Forums?

Why aren't you playing fighting games, Any Forums?

Attached: Urien vs Alex.webm (954x650, 2.96M)

I am.
I only play rpgs and fighting games

Not enough skill.

Blazblue friend hasn't been home in a while and I don't like matchmaking.

I'm better than bots that dont read inputs, and the people online require a completely different skillset than the bots that do read inputs. There's no "midrange" and the skill between the top and the bottom is too wide.

Because I don't own the proper console.

What do you mean by reading inputs?

Barrier to entry is too high on anything outside of smash and I've got better shit to waste my time on than getting good at a game that will die in 6 months.

Because arcades are dead and that's where all the fighting games belong.

Lots of videogame ai works by analyzing what you're doing, then picking a predetermined answer. MK and Soul Caliber are notorious for this; you'll see the cpu do things frame perfect that no ordinary human could sight read. As a result, the types of jukes that work against a human, like backdash punishing or extending a combo in a previously unused way, do not work because the ai knows you did a super instead of a regular, whereas a human would need to metagame to figure it out. Flipside, if you "overload" with a million ghost inputs during active animations, you can cheese these kinds of ai pretty effectively, but spasming about like a moron will never against a human because they know the general strategy for the character in the first place and plan accordingly.

Because they aren't fun.

I don't have that competitive urge to win or beat someone.

I end up stopping to fap to the males way too often. Too much sexy.

Why, you wanna go?

>Soulcalibur is shi-

Attached: Yoshimitsu perfect.webm (1066x600, 2.93M)

Because of my HAAAANDS, I need to stress them as little as possible...

Are sticks/hitboxes better? I can't play more than half an hour on pad

Attached: Why_didnt_you_protect_her_smile.png (823x596, 270.2K)

>Why aren't you playing fighting games
I do they're my favorite genre in gaming casuals hate losing and don't want to learn the trade thats primarily the reason why ftgs are dying

3s is okay i guess but i can never quite get the parry timing window down these days i just play kof98um cvs2 hsf2 and tekken 7 might give a kofxv a chance

>Yoshimitsu Perfect
>Gets hit at the end

Disgusting.

Your webm explains it. Why would I want to play a game that allows the opponent to corner spam without any penalties and when you get a special off they can just hit you with a basic punch to cancel it? Looks gay.

They don't hold my attention for very long, I've tried like 8 different ones and always get bored after a few hours. Genre just isn't for me.

Le fighting games dood
You're not special or quirky bitch fighting games have been dumbed down for years
Yes that includes turd strike

Sweaty autists ruin it. I only play with my bros, people i know who dont spend 8 hours a day studying hit boxes and other autistic shit.

after seeing kuroda shit on everyone in 3rd strike i didnt feel like it anymore

1. I'm white. There's obviously something about fighting games that makes them incompatible with white people because even in 95% white countries, their best players aren't white.

2. 1v1 isn't appealing to me. This means you'll have a roughly 50% winrate. However, the 50% losses feel worse to me than the 50% wins feel good. This is probably because I'm in the 97th percentile for neuroticism (negative emotions) and the 6th percentile for extroversion (positive emotions). I need to win a lot or else it's simply a bad investment of my time. Of course, you'd think this means all competitive games are bad to me, but not entirely. Games with large teams and no real matchmaking allow me to win more than 50% of the time - or at least feel like I do (eg. topping the leaderboard feels fine even if my team loses).

3. It's not fun being stunlocked 50% of your playtime. Fighting game characters hardly move as it is.

4. Fighting games all have this one screen with one objective, sometimes with cutscenes. It feels like a very bare bones genre. It's like you pay $60 to beat people up using some updated frame data. I feel like you're getting gipped, honestly.

5. A ninja, a robot, a dude with telekinesis, a cop, a soldier, and 42 martial artists describes most fighting game rosters. In other games, you can play as wizards, werewolves, a goblin riding an ogre. It's obvious what kind of people developers are making their game for and it's not me. KI has the best fighting game roster and it's still pretty simple.

I play Ryu in 3S but I suck total ass at the game. His only target combo being far HP into HK also seems kinda shitty, is there something I'm missing besides his c.HP for linking into almost anything else, aside from low forward fireball like always?