I'm at Gateway Bravo and I'm about to head toward the Great Wall to complete the game. Finally...

I'm at Gateway Bravo and I'm about to head toward the Great Wall to complete the game. Finally. I might give Surge 1 another shot after this but we'll see.

Talk about THE Surge (1 and/or 2) in here or tell me what you're playing today.

Attached: surge.jpg (2000x2000, 589.29K)

1 felt janky so I didn't continue beyond the first 30 mins, how does 2 compare?

I got filtered I'm from 88 and don't get these games and my hands just can't anymore

I liked more 1 and I still don't know exactly why.
Maybe is the fact that in 2 you need to revisit the same places too many times.

Were you the guys asking about best armor sets days ago?

2 is much faster. You can dodge during your own attacks and it feels that you simply move around a lot quicker, the character is more agile and light-footed. The combat feels smoother and there are more weapon types.
I'm two years behind you and did not have an issue.
They sure did give you a lot of mileage despite how small the city ultimately is, especially considering the mid-game event. And exo-tubes were unlocked way too late in the game. Shortcuts were a bit much as well.
Yes. I settled for Chrysalis because I accidentally the medication to the wrong doctor and can't buy Centauri. The full set bonus of Chrysalis is nice but is useless during a boss fight. The partial set is nice (+20 nano damage) so maybe I should look for another set with a decent partial to pair it with.

I really liked the first Surge game. Haven't played 2 yet and kinda afraid it's a typical shittier sequel.

I like both games yet oddly I prefer Surge 1 despite that game being clunkier. Hard to describe why.

I see; I'm the spic who was posting screenshots.

I can't choose between them. 2 plays way better but 1 was harder, the levels were more labyrinthine and had way better atmosphere. Both are pretty good games so it baffles me seeing how much Any Forums hates them.

On another note, I'd be surprised if the story isn't ultimately some Minerva's Den equivalent. I think I have it figured out by now.

Give it a shot. It has its pros and cons.

2 is pretty good too even when the setting is a step down from the first game.

Why are you behind me bro!?
Did you mean older?
I have terrible carpal tunnel from my office day's literally had fingers clutch closed.

2 has been quite solid, for what it is. I've enjoyed my time spent with it. Too many rabid people think FROM is the only one who can do Souls-like games.

2 is in the same level of Nioh 2 too me, amazing games

I liked both. The targeting body parts mechanic is pretty cool.

That part 2/3 into 2 where the nanomachine cloud wrecks the city, changing the landscape (and the paths you can traverse) significantly

I wish more games had the balls to do such thing with their maps past a certain climatic point.

I liked the first game better. Setting felt far more coherent and enjoyable for traversal. The city in 2 just felt like a jumbled mess.

Attached: 378540_20180705215809_1.png (1920x1080, 2.52M)

First game had some pretty realistic, but confusing levels though.

It was definitely cool and I agree. That happening in a bigger city than what we got would have been better.

>kill Helena
>do too much damage and kill her before I can lop off her arm to get the spear
wow gay

I just wish the bosses were more consistent. Some were decent in difficulty while some were total pushovers. I liked the first boss, the guy in the spider mech, and the transforming wolf thingie with three stages.

Yeah they seem to be all over the place. Too many human(oid) bosses too, imo. Although how much of them being pushovers comes from gear/weapons later on, who knows. I haven't had much of a problem since I equipped Chrysalis and started the DLC; Red Hot Poker made it even easier.

that one hip ad guy to put a face on the soulless corporation was pure soul

finding his body after he necked himself was great