Spelunky 2

Why do people claim that Jungle is a worse route than Volcana? Vlad's cape is great and all but Hedjet night vision and all the bombs you get from the black market are easily worth the tradeoff. The game throws a shitload of royal jellies your way so it's not like the extra health is needed anyway, and most runs end in an instakill death regardless. Not to mention there's a hell of a lot better chance at getting sticky bombs in Jungle.

Attached: spelunky 2.jpg (616x353, 72.83K)

I find Volcana to be more easy to navigate and I strongly prefer Vlads cape over the jetpack since it wont insta kill you if you touch fire and it synergizes with kapala leading to loads of extra hp. Also fuck the skull caveman inflicting the ghost jar effect.

I usually just take get regular cape instead of a jetpack in Jungle because of that. I find that climbing glove gives me near all the upwards mobility I need. I usually have 20+ ropes by the time I reach sunken city.

The caveman shamans are easy to beat if you jump on them when their ghost skull thing looks the other way.

And like I said I don't need the extra health since it's almost always the instakill shit that ends me rather than being whittled down to 0HP by regular enemies.

I never go Volcana, it's much more difficult to navigate back and forth so you can't get a Kuppala, plus no paste or bombs. Oh and that fucking drill. Jungle is way better.

I think it comes down to what kinda run you're doing. Jungle has better stuff for sure but Volcana route is most probably better if you're going for a high score. I mean the whole Van Helsing questline is tailor-made for that, you go to Volcana -> free cape, free crown, probably going to egypt for alien compass and city of gold, the works

I really love how fucking nothing is explained to you in this game

>he hasn't read von Däniken

Attached: XGoo1YT.jpg (1365x2048, 240.38K)

But there's a tutorial that explains all the controls clearly.

>Hedjet night vision
specs/udjat eye
>and all the bombs
You don't need more than a few dozen bombs at absolute most to get to sunken city, when you get to the sun challenge you can just clone gun the reward bag for like 70 bombs and ropes
If you're doing cosmic ocean and not a speedrunner Vlad's Cape + Kapala is so much laughably better than literally everything else in the game

black market is a must, isnt it? If I dont get a lot of resources I keep playing, but the run is almost dead

If I get paste before the split, I go Volcana. Otherwise I go jungle and hope for a jetty. Simple as. The elixir buff reaaally helped making path decisions more interesting

Attached: Screenshot_12.png (1471x825, 629.02K)

>just lug the fucking clone gun to the Sunken City using incredibly unreliable Helping Hands while having no bombs

>not just killing Tun at the sun challenge

Attached: 1616835486601.jpg (2800x2148, 378.9K)

Do people say that? I thought the consensus was that jungle was the better route but that was earlier on. But yeah, the jungle is way slower and more boring IMO, but you are far more set with getting a shitload of bombs, a good shot at sticky bombs, a decent shot at more bombs and items like a jetpack, and good visibility with the hedjet, i only go Volcana if im really bored of jungle. That said I fucking hate how cut and dry the level 4 choice is. Maybe if the game were still only half an hour long I could chose the harder path, but the roguelite game design just so heavily discourages you from going temple that it might as well not exist.

Waddler

Black market is kinda hit-or-miss, often times you just get shops full of ropes and shields. Better off with guaranteed mobility. Also Jungle music sucks absolute ass. I only go if I found a jetpack in Dwelling.

sun challenge is piss easy watch hectique's strat

Temple makes sense if you got no jetpack beforehand. You have to give up the ankh but an Elixir is nearly as good.

Volcana is very convenient, if a bit shit to navigate with all the lava pools. Vlad has crown for excalibur and cape as a combo deal. The castle is always very easy to find, the same might not be said of finding BM entrance sometimes. You don't need that many bombs to make it to CO even if you bomb down to Vlad's, do Olmec skip, and Ahkn skip in tidepool.

I admit that Jungle is undoubtedly the more interesting route though.

you get clone gun in 4-2, you need to get Excalibur on the same level, you die on 4-3 and waddler is on 5-1. did you even play the game?
Link the video.

Get to top left/right corner and bomb the spawner there, stand next to frog trap and no enemies will bother going up to you

>you get clone gun in 4-2, you need to get Excalibur on the same level, you die on 4-3 and waddler is on 5-1. did you even play the game?
>he can't qilin skip with vlad's cape and climbing gloves
lmao @ ur life
and just look up hectique cosmic ocean speedrun and skip to sun challenge, just go the corner and whip the spawned enemies it's easy and consistent

I HATE BEAR TRAPS I HATE BEAR TRAPS I HATE BEAR TRAPS I HATE BEAR TRAPS I HATE BEAR TRAPS I HATE BEAR TRAPS I HATE BEAR TRAPS I HATE BEAR TRAPS I HATE BEAR TRAPS I HATE BEAR TRAPS I HATE BEAR TRAPS I HATE BEAR TRAPS

There's your answer